For members not celebrating an important milestone today...

For members not celebrating an important milestone today...

Joel
Joel

March 4th, 2003, 8:17 am #1

Nobody should be reading this. All of our members are celebrating an important milestone today--they have gotten through today smoke free! Everyday you are off smoking is important and every day is a victory. Congratulations everyone who is off another day. To really make your effort count, remember tomorrow to reaffirm your new goal to make it through the day. Do that day by day and you will shatter one record after another by always keeping your quit alive and well, and you along with it, by sticking to your commitment to never take another puff!

Joel

KarenBoBaren
KarenBoBaren

April 11th, 2003, 2:30 am #2

Nice.

qwerty (green)
qwerty (green)

May 1st, 2003, 6:32 pm #3

HA! Good one, Joel. I fell for it, hook line and sinker. Very clever, and thanks for the reminder!

qwerty
10 days, 4 hours
NTAP

Madge Gold
Madge Gold

May 2nd, 2003, 8:31 am #4

You got me on this one, too, Joel. It feels good to know that someone appreciates what every day, hour, minute nicoten free means. It's impossible to explain to a never-smoker what it's like to quit. I have heard "Just stop" so often I could scream. Thanks for this site where we can go and be HEARD and LEARN.

madge
One month, three weeks, 7 hours, 31 minutes and 55 seconds. 1307 cigarettes not smoked, saving $277.69. Life saved: 4 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes.

Joel
Joel

May 2nd, 2003, 8:44 am #5

Here Madge, read the thread Quitting can be a very lonely experience. I think you will appreciate it.
Last edited by Joel on February 22nd, 2014, 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Carolyn green
Carolyn green

May 31st, 2003, 5:13 pm #6

I really liked this posting. It's true and important to remember. thanks

Carolyn

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)
GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

June 23rd, 2003, 2:32 am #7

It makes no difference whether you are on your first day of a quit or your 1266th, like me. Every day is a day to be proud of and to to celebrate!!

This is something we should never take for granted.

Linda

Golddabler1
Golddabler1

June 23rd, 2003, 3:38 am #8

Hi joel
I fell into this post like a fly into the spiders web,i was thinking its a long time to silver and now i know everyday is a celebration.
Rickdabler 3 months 1 week 6 days 40mins happily nicotine free.

faithhopelove1960
faithhopelove1960

July 23rd, 2003, 1:50 am #9

I fell for it to then i picked myself up brushed myself off and realized that Joel is soooo right.Thanks Joel

+ faithhopelove1960

sharonah silver
sharonah silver

July 23rd, 2003, 11:45 pm #10

Thank you, Joel, for this reminder, and for putting all of our quits into perspective. I often forget that EVERDAY of my quit is a milestone for me. As is EVERYDAY of EVERYONE's quits.

Thanks again, Joel.

Sharonah(silver)

6 Months 1 Day 20 Hours 9 Minutes 9 Seconds.

Cigarettes not smoked: 2194.

Money saved: $416.87.

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

July 31st, 2003, 8:12 am #11

Isn't even one hour of not pumping 4,000+ chemicals into these bodies worthy of celebration! Congratulations!! The next few minutes are doable! Only one rule, no nicotine today - Never Take Another Puff! John (Gold)
Last edited by John (Gold) on March 7th, 2009, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mkhotrigreen1
Mkhotrigreen1

September 6th, 2003, 2:11 am #12

Thank you Joel for reminding that every day is a victory. I needed your words. I have completed 50 days after that feeling of celebration for every day is not necessary but it is not true. I am always in danger and so every day if i am free i must be proud and celebrate to keep commited for tomorrow. I was not geting daily digest from few days. So today I found the needed words form you online. I really need your words of support. Daily digest I don't why i am not gettin in my email.
Mohan - Free and Healing for 1 month, 24 days, 2 minutes and 51 seconds, while extending my life expectancy 1 day and 21 hours, by avoiding the use of 540 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me Rs.1,353.05.

Alleen Golden
Alleen Golden

September 6th, 2003, 2:16 am #13

Thank you Joel. I feel for this one too... You are very right about this. Each day that we don't smoke is a celebration. Thanks for reminding us about this. I think you must be able to read our minds...

Alleen

Asdfgjkl5
Asdfgjkl5

October 28th, 2003, 9:11 am #14

Thank you Joel. What a great message at a great time. I thought to myself when reading your post "For members not celebrating an important milestone today..." That I have not celebrated a milestone as of yet. I'm still waiting to be Green!!
Thank you for reminding us that every day is a milestone.
Scott - Free and Healing for Twenty Three Days, 8 Hours and 10 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 10 Hours, by avoiding the use of 700 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $113.90.

carvoiero gold
carvoiero gold

March 27th, 2004, 10:53 pm #15

Woo hoo

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 14 hours, 48 minutes and 27 seconds (17 days). I have saved £59.45 by not smoking 264 cigarettes. I have saved 22 hours of my life.

I will never take another puff - one day at a time
Marion

kattatonic1 gold4
kattatonic1 gold4

March 28th, 2004, 12:46 am #16

LOL

Joel, sometimes you take me by surprise with your sense of humour. Thanks!And it's very true. Every non-smoking day is a Victory!

Kay
3 Mo+

Fong KK
Fong KK

March 29th, 2004, 2:29 pm #17

Joel,

Thanks for this reminder.
I needed the education to quit and stay quit.

Say that again Kay !, Every non-smoking day is a Victory!

Fong

2 Weeks, 3 Days, 34 minutes and 34 seconds. 510 Cigarettes not smoked, saving $102.14. Life saved : 1 Day, 18 hours and 30 minutes

jennyissilver
jennyissilver

April 3rd, 2004, 8:36 pm #18

Thank you, Joel, for this important message: every day that I don't smoke is a special and significant day.

I remember when I used to say to myself: "I wish I didn't smoke". And now, that magical, longed for, dream day is a reality.

However, I did have a milestone yesterday -- the quit meter informed me that I had saved one day of my life. What a gift that was -- an extra day of being alive! So I decided to spend the day as though it were that bonus day that I wouldn't have been allowed to enjoyed had I not quit.

You know what? It probably wasn't that much different from any other day except for the fact I relished every minute of it and felt exceptionally alive and grateful all day long. It might have been one of the happiest days of my life.

Jenny
Enjoying 3 weeks of freedom from the tyranny of cigarettes.

tina
tina

April 4th, 2004, 12:01 pm #19

Thank you, Joel. I needed to hear that. I had a rough day and your message made me realize that every day I don't have nicotine is a gift I give myself.

Tina - Free and Healing for One Month, Seven Days and 2 Hours, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 13 Hours, by avoiding the use of 445 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $151.53.

CubicSize
CubicSize

April 4th, 2004, 12:28 pm #20

Yes, I made it through another day . What a day for me. When I wake up I will look forward to another day. Thanks.
CubicSize
2months, 1 week, 17 hrs, 56 minutes and counting........

CarolinaJune
CarolinaJune

April 4th, 2004, 6:47 pm #21

....AND YOU CAN DO IT TOO!

I'm still amazed and awed at my quit! I respect it and am respectful of it....

June Lynn
'Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.....

Nine months, one week, four days, 5 hours, 46 minutes and 22 seconds. 11409 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,027.02. Life saved: 5 weeks, 4 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes.

Kona
Kona

April 5th, 2004, 1:11 am #22

Thanks Joel,
It sounds so cliche to say "thanks, i couldnt have done it without you",... but ITS TRUE. The daily support i found here and the words of wisdom that i continued to put into my addicted head, well,...... I have chosen not to smoke for 3 Months 3 Days 7 Hours 8 Minutes 54 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 2828. Money saved: $636.51. I am free from prison and i will NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
patricia
Kona Hawaii

Roger (Gold)
Roger (Gold)

May 1st, 2004, 12:21 pm #23

Each day nicotine free is a day worth celebrating.
Each day free is an important milestone in the life of a recovering addcit.
Each day as I witness our fellow beings feeding their addiciton, I remember how it was for me not so long ago.
Each day I come to Freedom and see the daily successes I understand more and more why this website and the people associated with it are special.
Each day is a celebration of my life without nicotine because I remember how bondage was and feel how freedom is.
Each day be proud of how far you have come and know that however far you have to go will be better than feeding your addiction.
Each day be proud and walk tall weather you have a color change or not.
Each day celebrate your quit.
One Day At A Time, You Can If You Think You Can

Liuchka
Liuchka

May 26th, 2004, 8:09 am #24

Thanks Roger!!!
I'm walking taller today!
Cuca

Joel
Joel

August 14th, 2004, 8:22 pm #25

I thought Bill W would appreciate this one today.