For all who are looking to put an end to bad days.

Subconscious use cue extinguishment

August 4th, 2005, 8:41 am #26

Thank you Joel
Just what I needed when I needed it

Linda
Free for 154 days and counting

February 19th, 2006, 9:45 am #27

Somehow this picture really captures the essence of this topic. It doesn't show clogged arteries, or blackened lungs, surgical scars, or side effects from chemotherapy. It quietly and eloquently highlights the ultimate loss that smoking causes to individuals, their families and their loved ones.
Smoking has the ability to make you lose everything you care about. It also has the additional ability to cause immeasurable losses for everyone who cares about you. Considering the message being delivered here by this photo, I hope it makes it perfectly clear to all who visit this string that quitting smoking is worth the effort, for it is an effort to save your health and your life--an effort that you will win if you permanently stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff!
Related readings:
Actions speak louder than words-or thought. 62 4 Joel. 11/30/2004 9:52 AM
"I think I have decided to go back to smoking" 80 9 Joel. 11/30/2004 9:52 AM
"Boy, do I miss smoking!" 131 7 Joel. 11/30/2004 9:51 AM
I feel 100% Better Since I Quit! 84 1 Joel. 11/30/2004 9:50 AM
For people wondering if quitting is really worth the effort... 5 1 Joel 11/30/2004 9:49 AM

April 8th, 2006, 11:01 pm #28

aunt valeria

I have been quit for 1 Month, 1 Week, 5 Days, 14 hours, 31 minutes and 20 seconds (43 days). I have saved $119.90 by not smoking 872 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/23/2006 7:30 PM

April 9th, 2006, 10:25 pm #29

Has anyone ever seen that movie where a guy wants to quit smoking and his buddy gives him a number to call for help? He calls the number and the organization gets him to quit smoking by threatening his family?

That's what this thread reminds me of. And that';s a GREAT thing! Thanx so much. My few unpleasant moments a day are trivial nonsense. Every day is a bad day when you smoke.

April 9th, 2006, 11:08 pm #30

I think the movie you are describing is one of the segments of the 1985's Stephen King's "The Cat's Eye." It was one segment of a three part movie. Here is a short synopsis I just found describing the specific episode:

Quitters Inc - An executive discovers Quitters Inc, a company that promises to cure his cigarette smoking with Mafia-styled tactics - his wife and daughter will be made to dance on an electric hotplate and their fingers severed if they catch him lighting up.

This post does not remind me of this segment though. That story was more about the limitations about quitting for others. It was straight fiction that showed what most people will instantly realize are unrealistic consequences of lighting up a cigarette. Makes it easy to dismiss the movie within minutes of watching it. I don't suspect that many people were motivated to quit smoking in 1985 by watching that movie.

The stories in this string however are not exaggerated or unrealistic consequences of smoking, but real life stories that illustrate just how smoking kills real people and destroys real families. The more people see and understand the real life threatening consequences of smoking the more determined they will likely stay to stick to their personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel

April 27th, 2006, 6:29 am #31

It bears repeating

May 11th, 2006, 12:39 pm #32

"People will have occasional bad days after they quit smoking, but the fact is most of these bad days have nothing to do with the fact that they no longer smoke. Smokers on the other hand are going to have bad days too that have nothing to do with smoking, but they are also going to have a whole lot of bad days that are bad because they are smokers."

*above comment taken from post #1*

I thought i was having a bad day today...then I read some posts in this thread...decided, i am having a GREAT day...wouldn't change a thing!!!!
Thanks for bringing this post back up to the top..
Tracy
I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 22 hours, 46 minutes and 32 seconds (45 days). I have saved $215.95 by not smoking 367 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 6 hours and 35 minutes of my life.

May 11th, 2006, 1:24 pm #33

aunt valeria

July 13th, 2006, 12:14 am #34

We can go off other directions with this too. We can show you members who have had lots of bad day since they quit. Not because they quit though, but because they smoked and are still suffering consequences, or because they are still having to live with the results of others who are still smokers. How did Joanne spend her fourth year smoke free anniversary date yesterday--by going to a funeral of a family member who died from smoking. My guess is it wasn't a good day for her and much of her family either. There are plenty of other examples that our members can share of bad days they have had caused by smoking. I am going to leave it up to them as to whether or not they want to share their stories.

People will have occasional bad days after they quit smoking, but the fact is most of these bad days have nothing to do with the fact that they no longer smoke. Smokers on the other hand are going to have bad days too that have nothing to do with smoking, but they are also going to have a whole lot of bad days that are bad because they are smokers. Life goes on without smoking, and it is going to go on longer and have less days that are bad because of illness or the general debilitating effects that are caused by smoking as long as you always remember to never take another puff!

Joel

June 8th, 2007, 9:31 am #35

What's a tough day?

April 29th, 2008, 9:47 am #36

It's true - they don't have anymore bad days....

September 16th, 2008, 12:45 am #37

People will have occasional bad days after they quit smoking, but the fact is most of these bad days have nothing to do with the fact that they no longer smoke. Smokers on the other hand are going to have bad days too that have nothing to do with smoking, but they are also going to have a whole lot of bad days that are bad because they are smokers. Life goes on without smoking, and it is going to go on longer and have less days that are bad because of illness or the general debilitating effects that are caused by smoking as long as you always remember to never take another puff!

Joel