For all of our One Year Quitters

03 Jan 2004, 11:52 #26

I was wondering around the site silently celebrating my three year quit when I came upon this thread. Wow!! I needed to read some of the thoughts in this thread. No matter how confident we become in our quit it is good to be reminded that we are and will always be an addict. I feel that sometimes I am overconfident in my quit because I so love not being a smoker. I love the freedom that has come with the quit that FREEDOM helped me to accomplish three years ago.

I so love not smoking that I have a difficult time believing that for so many years I inflicted my passion for smoking on the innocent people around me as well as on myself. Sometimes I feel myself slipping into overconfidence forgetting to acknowledge that I am an addict and must protect this quit daily. I love not smoking but know that there are still triggers and occasions that could be stronger then my joy in the freedom from smoking. New quitters, you will also love the freedom when you get past the beginning prangs of your quit. IT IS TRULY WONDERFUL. Just hang in there and before you know it three years will have past and you will be reminding yourself to be careful, stay on guard, because there will always be triggers old and new. Two months, one year, three years quit and we are still addicts. Love your quit, take pride in your quit, but always protect it carefully because it is a treasure worthy of care and protection. That is my resolve for this year of 2004.

Thank you Freedom and management. It is because of this site that I have been smokefree for 3 years 1 day 9 hours and 48 minutes. Hang in there new quitters. It is possible to live smoke free and to love it. Get your quit and guard it when you get it. Never take another puff.

Thanks again Freedom. Happy New Year Subie0 Quit 1-1-01

15 Dec 2004, 12:51 #27

Congratulations to our ONE YEAR quitters
and as Joel says:

One puff can take years of hard work and thousands of victories and negate the whole effort. Don't waste this effort, for losing the quit is paramount to losing your Freedom, your health and over time, likely losing your life. To keep all of the perks and benefits that go along with being smoke free requires always remembering that no matter how long you are off--to stay off still requires remembering to never take another puff!
Welcome to the GOLD!

02 Jan 2005, 00:39 #28

TO THE QUITTERS OF 1-2-2004 (HARLEYBOY, OZEROC, PAIKWA AND WILLIE) Y'ALL ROCK- WE DID IT WE QUIT 1 YEAR.

TO MY QUIT BROTHER HARLEY BOY AND FELLOW BIKER THANKS FOR BEING A STAND UP BRO.

NEWBIES AND LURKERS YOU CAN DO IT. THE SECRET TO QUIT SMOKING = N.T.A.P.

TO ALL MANGERS AND FELLOW QUITTERS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND SUPPORT.

GUY WILLINGHAM AKA WILLIE IN FT. WORTH

I HAVE NOT SMOKED FOR 11 Months 4 Weeks 2 Days 10 Hours OR 1 YEAR IN LESS THAN 14 HOURS -12,800 CIGS.S NOT SMOKED, WITH A CASH SAVINGS OF $1,918.62 ONLY IN THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS. THIS AFTER 30 YEARS OF SMOKING. THANKS TO WHYQUIT.COM

31 Oct 2005, 12:45 #29

Being off a year proves a lot of things, but it does not prove that a person is cured or immune to relapse. Our one and two year ex-smokers are still addicts in recovery and hopefully will stay this way for the rest of their lives. Enforcing one simple rule can insure that that they never will relapse. That rule is to remain smoke free simply entails remembering and keeping in practice the decision to never take another puff!

16 Jan 2015, 16:24 #30

I got the flu, and on January 16, 2014, I didn't want to smoke and kept going. I searched the internet for information about a recovery timetable and found whyquit.com. From there I informed myself, found the additional resources of FFN http://whyquit.com/ffn/index.html and Turkeyville https://www.facebook.com/groups/whyquit/, and maintained my recovery. Knowledge has been and is my recovery method.