Does Joel have any books?

Does Joel have any books?

Grace

06 Jun 2003, 07:05 #1

All of the articles I read on this site are amazing. What I am wondering and I am not sure if this is the right place to ask. Does Joel have any books available? Thank you Grace

Free for 3 weeks 2 days 7 hours and 22 minutes! Yippee

Joel

06 Jun 2003, 07:34 #2

Hello Grace:

I have shelves and shelves of books. I just didn't write any of them. I have mentioned this a few times at Freedom. I have sat down about one hundred times and started to write a book. The problem is they always ended up being one page long and ending with never take another puff. Somewhere around here I have a detailed explanation of all of this. I will try to find it and bring it up later.

Joel

Joel

06 Jun 2003, 07:40 #3

I found it:
Why should anyone pay for a book that is already on the Internet and can be accessed for free. I thought of writing a book many years ago. I started writing it over a hundred times I guess. The problem is each time I would start it would end up almost being just one page long and end with the words never take another puff.

I guess I don't think writing a book is going to really help the masses. It would get put on a shelf in a bookstore sitting next to the dozens and dozens of books out there. I find it hard enough to get people to read my stuff for free let alone paying for it.

So instead of writing a book, I wrote a little library. Its there for all of you now and feel free to share it with people you know--especially your health care professionals. For the record, I do not have a book in the works. But don't be discouraged by this, just print out the articles you like, bind them together and pass it out. You can even tell the recipients that you know the author and more important than that, you can tell them that you know what is written in this little make shift book is true. How do you know its true? Well, since you have started reading this stuff you have been able to stick to your commitment to never take another puff!

Joel

Grace

06 Jun 2003, 07:41 #4

I can understand that. That is what it really is all about. I really enjoy reading everything, I feel so strong and incredibly positive.
I find myself printing every thing that I find myself identifying with or that I think might help and I carry all these pages everywhere. Maybe it is just becuase I am so new into my quit. Image

Grace

06 Jun 2003, 07:48 #5

What I meant when I said "that is what it is all about" is that it is to never take another puff. Thank you for responding, I appreciate it. Image

John (Gold)

06 Jun 2003, 07:57 #6

Just more vintage Joel Image
This is the first gif Joel ever used at Freedom!

Shinelady Gold3282003

06 Jun 2003, 07:59 #7

Excellent thought Grace... Joel should write a book and make the millions he deserves for all he has given us........ but can u really put a price on all those lives he has helped prolong or save. Joel... we love u... thank you... we will gladly write the testimonials to sell the book (for a small fee -lol). Seriously, I know exactly what Grace is asking. We want to tell the world what we know. We all know that there is only one way to quit smoking and that is by cold turkey and just plain Never taking another puff!!... Thank you to you and John and everyone that cares about saving the lives of people addicted to cigarettes... Whew, that is awesome.. You must sleep well at night knowing what you do . I'm getting carried away, but I am like Grace and think you should write the book. Just name it Never Take another puff and get that out of the way and move on................. Thanks Grace for the opportunity to tell Joel how much we believe in him .

yqs, sue
Two months, one week, one day, 1 hour, 44 minutes and 5 seconds. 2762 cigarettes not smoked, saving $399.00. Life saved: 1 week, 2 days, 14 hours, 10 minutes.

jdinkcmoGOLD

06 Jun 2003, 08:36 #8

Well, I have to concur with the totally altruistic Joel. His mission has/was/always will be to help us keep ourselves "straight." The truth is, he's already written a major book in our library (and keeps adding to that daily with posts here) and the price is $zip. He (and all the managers & posters here) have offered up their priceless knowledge for us to use, share and pass on....Is that a deal, or what? The WORLD is the total beneficiary of Joel's best book ever. Viva la Freedom!
your quit sis, JD

Shinelady Gold3282003

06 Jun 2003, 09:01 #9

I just have to say it.... God has to love him... Thank you Joel and all the managers, goldies etc. that give so much of yourselves to help all of us to live better quality lives... All we ever had to know was to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!! How simple is that....

sue

Diana (Silver )

06 Jun 2003, 09:31 #10

"Freedom" is a free gift - but like any gift, you have to take it. The thing I like about this website is that if someone is serious, they will logon. And once they start reading, there's no turning back! Agreed?

If we handed someone a book, they might be less likely to take the issues seriously, and become immune to the messages. One of the beautiful things about this website is that I have learned so much - I have been on this planet many years, and could not believe what I did not know about nicotine and its effects.

So, again thank you Joel and managers for sharing wisdom daily, and to all freedomites for keeping the quit "fresh" in our minds, so we always remember where we started, and help us remain convinced that we never want to take another puff!

YQF
Diana (Silver)
6 months, 10 days, 11.5 hours and counting....