Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

October 1st, 2001, 8:59 pm #11

To our lurking friends....we each found our way here by different means...but all the same, looking to find a way out. Take a step closer folks.....our addiction cripples and kills....the help is here and now. We deserve the glory to be free....don't be left behind.

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

January 17th, 2002, 9:34 pm #12

"......While most smokers do not get such divine revelations, all smokers get direct messages that they should stop smoking. The messages come from the smoker's own body. It may be in the form of a cough, a chest pain, tingling sensation or numbness in an extremity, headaches, indigestion, difficulty in breathing and a multitude of other complaints.........

.....Think of your personal messages when the thought occurs and it will be easy for you to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!..."

Joel
Joel

January 27th, 2002, 6:52 pm #13

I am bringing this one up for my friend Joanne today in honor of her milestone. I know she always liked this one, and I always think of her now when I bring it up. One reason I think of her is just because I know she likes it, the other reason is she once pointed out to me it was supposed to be "Divine" and not "Devine" revelations. Fits under the category of "Only your best friends will tell you." So I figure I owe something back to my friend Joanne for all her help. So here is my present to you Joanne--my favorite piece of advice--that to stay smoke free for three years or thirty years is no more complicated than always remembering to never take another puff!

Joel

Joel
Joel

May 3rd, 2002, 9:35 pm #14

I think I have seen a few posts in the past few days from people who said they felt like they were led to Freedom by some kind of Divine Intervention. I thought they would appreciate this thread.

Joel

buffey
buffey

July 13th, 2002, 10:06 pm #15

Hey Joel,
I LOVED that story!! Its amazing to me how you always have a story, or post, or info that strengthens my resolve to stay free from nicotine. I hadn't even thought of the messages from my body as devine intervention, so now that will help me with the mental, and spiritual challenges.
I really loved the stories from Joanne and Tracy also. My mother died 2 years ago, and I miss her alot. She had a stroke, and now I wonder if smoking had caused it. Anyway, I will now be looking for signs from her!
Thanks for the thoughts.......I also beleive in angels.
buffey

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

September 14th, 2002, 8:43 pm #16

None of us are stronger than nicotine
but then nicotine is just a drug with no
intelligence at all - an I.Q. of zero !!
Nicotine can not think, plan or prepare.
You can and there is lots and lots to learn!
You have always been your own magic cure!
It's time to attend quitting school !
It's time for graduation !

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

April 20th, 2003, 8:59 pm #17

Since today is Easter Sunday,
thought this would be a good
one to look at.

nadette bronze
nadette bronze

April 20th, 2003, 11:02 pm #18

i love this one. i had lots of signs - trouble was i never stopped to read them and if i did, i ignored them. hmmmm.
today i am paying attention. yay!
nadette
1 month, 2 week+

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

January 4th, 2004, 7:32 am #19

".....While most smokers do not get such divine revelations, all smokers get direct messages that they should stop smoking. The messages come from the smoker's own body. It may be in the form of a cough, a chest pain, tingling sensation or numbness in an extremity, headaches, indigestion, difficulty in breathing and a multitude of other complaints. Unfortunately, though, while the messages are constantly being sent to the smoker, they are not often received......"

smurfetteirl
smurfetteirl

May 10th, 2004, 4:39 am #20

good for lurkers,
i tried for so long to egnore all the signs to quit, glad i accepted the last sign or i might have been lying in a hospital bed today or worse!
lynda

IrishLotus GOLD
IrishLotus GOLD

June 17th, 2004, 9:52 pm #21

Welcome Vicki...we've been waiting for you! Lotus

GoldWolf jmv
GoldWolf jmv

July 31st, 2004, 7:17 pm #22

Excellent story Joel.
We just have to open our hearts
and our minds to be able to see
and recognize those Divine Interventions
and Signs. They happen every day!!!

Jason

Starshinegrl Gold
Starshinegrl Gold

March 4th, 2005, 10:12 pm #23

Thank you so much for this story, Joel. I believe in divine interventions and just love it.

Can't count how often I've read it up to today ... but I keep wondering whether the door of Jeff's fridge has ever fallen off ? Any updates ??

Gitte
98 days and a bit

Joel
Joel

March 4th, 2005, 10:46 pm #24

Jeff was in a corporate clinic I did over 20 years ago--before I had good computerization of my client databases. I unfortunately lost contact information on him a long time ago. Maybe he will find his way here one day to give us an update. Stranger things have happened--especially to Jeff.

Joel
Joel

July 15th, 2006, 4:29 am #25

The above story may sound like an unlikely occurrence. But it actually happened to one of our clinic participants. While most smokers do not get such divine revelations, all smokers get direct messages that they should stop smoking. The messages come from the smoker's own body. It may be in the form of a cough, a chest pain, tingling sensation or numbness in an extremity, headaches, indigestion, difficulty in breathing and a multitude of other complaints. Unfortunately, though, while the messages are constantly being sent to the smoker, they are not often received.

TJKee
TJKee

September 12th, 2006, 2:21 am #26

It's rare ... but I truly think it happened to me.

I have asthma, and towards the end of last month, I'd started having a heavy feeling in my chest. I was wheezing. I kept thinking "I need to quit," but then I'd just smoke less--instead of stopping completely.

I have always written in a journal. So one night, I was just doodling and all of a sudden my hand felt like it had taken on a mind of its own. I drew a sad face, the words "smoking cigs" and then a cross. I also drew three arrows. Sounds like a jumble of unconnected things, but on the page ... it literally looked like a message from ... above.

My brain was filled with the thoughts of "never again." My chest was pounding. I could hardly breathe, and it was all I could say over and over ... "never again, never again, never again."

That was the day I found whyquit.com.

I didn't exactly listen to the intervention at that moment ... but it's been 4 days now. I've got a mean headache, and it's been a bit hard to concentrate ... but I will not take a puff today.

Freedom is the one site that makes me feel and think about my addiction this way. If that's not divine intervention ... I don't know what is.