Divine Revelations

Joanne Gold

01 Oct 2001, 20:59 #11

To our lurking friends....we each found our way here by different means...but all the same, looking to find a way out. Take a step closer folks.....our addiction cripples and kills....the help is here and now. We deserve the glory to be free....don't be left behind.

Joanne Gold

17 Jan 2002, 21:34 #12

"......While most smokers do not get such divine revelations, all smokers get direct messages that they should stop smoking. The messages come from the smoker's own body. It may be in the form of a cough, a chest pain, tingling sensation or numbness in an extremity, headaches, indigestion, difficulty in breathing and a multitude of other complaints.........

.....Think of your personal messages when the thought occurs and it will be easy for you to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!..."

Joel

27 Jan 2002, 18:52 #13

I am bringing this one up for my friend Joanne today in honor of her milestone. I know she always liked this one, and I always think of her now when I bring it up. One reason I think of her is just because I know she likes it, the other reason is she once pointed out to me it was supposed to be "Divine" and not "Devine" revelations. Fits under the category of "Only your best friends will tell you." So I figure I owe something back to my friend Joanne for all her help. So here is my present to you Joanne--my favorite piece of advice--that to stay smoke free for three years or thirty years is no more complicated than always remembering to never take another puff!

Joel

Joel

03 May 2002, 21:35 #14

I think I have seen a few posts in the past few days from people who said they felt like they were led to Freedom by some kind of Divine Intervention. I thought they would appreciate this thread.

Joel

buffey

13 Jul 2002, 22:06 #15

Hey Joel,
I LOVED that story!! Its amazing to me how you always have a story, or post, or info that strengthens my resolve to stay free from nicotine. I hadn't even thought of the messages from my body as devine intervention, so now that will help me with the mental, and spiritual challenges.
I really loved the stories from Joanne and Tracy also. My mother died 2 years ago, and I miss her alot. She had a stroke, and now I wonder if smoking had caused it. Anyway, I will now be looking for signs from her!
Thanks for the thoughts.......I also beleive in angels.
buffey

John (Gold)

14 Sep 2002, 20:43 #16

None of us are stronger than nicotine
but then nicotine is just a drug with no
intelligence at all - an I.Q. of zero !!
Nicotine can not think, plan or prepare.
You can and there is lots and lots to learn!
You have always been your own magic cure!
It's time to attend quitting school !
It's time for graduation !

Joanne Gold

20 Apr 2003, 20:59 #17

ImageSince today is Easter Sunday,
thought this would be a good
one to look at. Image

nadette bronze

20 Apr 2003, 23:02 #18

i love this one. i had lots of signs - trouble was i never stopped to read them and if i did, i ignored them. hmmmm.
today i am paying attention. yay!
nadette
1 month, 2 week+

Joanne Gold

04 Jan 2004, 07:32 #19

".....While most smokers do not get such divine revelations, all smokers get direct messages that they should stop smoking. The messages come from the smoker's own body. It may be in the form of a cough, a chest pain, tingling sensation or numbness in an extremity, headaches, indigestion, difficulty in breathing and a multitude of other complaints. Unfortunately, though, while the messages are constantly being sent to the smoker, they are not often received......"Image

smurfetteirl

10 May 2004, 04:39 #20

Imagegood for lurkers,
i tried for so long to egnore all the signs to quit, glad i accepted the last sign or i might have been lying in a hospital bed today or worse!
lynda