- Have you ever ordered a pizza delivered, not because you were hungry, but because they'd stop and get you cigs?
- I've dried out, taped up, and scraped together my smokes and my g/f's smokes. I've smoked buts, and burned my hair on the gas oven stove trying light tiny little butts of cigs.
- I've not visited sick and dying relatives because it was hard to smoke while at the hospital, and even harder to explain to them why you smoke when you see what it did to them.
- Ever pawned your favorite CD's, just so you could buy a couple of packs?
- Have you ever turned down a good job because the interview process was taking too long and you couldn't go out and have a smoke break.
- Have you ever driven 8 hours to a function by yourself because everyone else were in non-smoking cars.
- Lied to doctors, friends, fiance' and family about symptoms and fears I was having because I'd then have to give up smoking.
- Bummed smokes from complete strangers. A friend of mine was always amazed that smokers would just ask other smokers for cigarrettes.
I have, because I suppose I'm an addict. I've probably done much more disgusting things.. but I think I'm admitting to too much as it is.
Not long ago a smoker friend of mine wanted me to particpate in a bet. If you quit for a year the payoff was a grand.. The penalty was the same if you smoked. I told him no because I knew I'd likely cheat on it.. and feel guilty for decieving someone in a bet. He called me quite a few names indicating that he couldn't believe I wouldn't honor my committment. He then began smoking 2 weeks into his bet without fessing up.. All the while denying he was really breaking his word.
I'm not sure who was worse.. the one who would break his word to smoke, or the one who wouldn't particpate at all because knew he'd break his word, since he's an addict.
Or lied in on the stats on your cigarrette counter because you didn't really want to admit to smoking more than 20 smokes a day.
Free and Healing for Ten Days, 3 Hours and 21 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 203 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $25.36.