Cigarette Smoke Smell Good? It's not by accident.

Subconscious use cue extinguishment
gavula

23 Apr 2005, 04:39 #11

I thought I was crazy- after having an asthma attack and taking a puff on an inhaler, I would then rush to light up (sick sick sick).

Now I just puff on the inhaler, and get good oxygen into those sad lungs! NTAP

:-)

Anna
4 months, 1 day free
Last edited by gavula on 07 Dec 2009, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

12 Jan 2006, 21:36 #12

Bait
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Sal GOLD.ffn

12 Mar 2006, 12:37 #13

Even if it stills smells good....
From Actions speak louder than words - or thought :
A thought for a cigarette will never cause a person to go back to smoking-only an action can do that. The action is a puff on a cigarette or any administration of nicotine from any source for that matter.
Never take another puff!
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on 14 Apr 2009, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

nikki 1973 free

07 Apr 2006, 09:20 #14

Yuk! The thought of all that junk going into my lungs makes me feel ill.

I find what the tobacco companies have done to trap smokers into an endless cesspit of smoking totally immoral and disgraceful. How can those people live with themselves? As for government efforts toward controlling the smoking plague, do they really want to lose the tax dollars they receive from poor nicotine addicts??
Really gets me fired up.

Yippee for us!

NTAP!
Free for two weeks, four days, 4 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds. 363 cigarettes not smoked, saving $181.80. Life saved: 1 day, 6 hours, 15 minutes.

363 cigarettes - 363 dogends - 363 depressing moments

Almost Island Gold

17 Apr 2006, 22:08 #15

"My" cig brand in the past was SG Filtro (portuguese) 30 years of thoseImage
Two years ago the pesticide dieldrin was found in its composition, which motivated a serious debate here in Pt. We all got scared with this contaminant residue - one to add every other cancer causing component.
On the 9th November 2004 the Portuguese Government ordered the removal of the packs where the contaminant, forbidden in the EU, was found. Just that!Image The contaminated cigs had been sold since May 2004.
How I'm sorry for all this, I'm sorry for those who smoke and shame on nicotine dealers! And I'm sorry I have to take it second handImage
After reading this thread again I strengthen my resolve to Never Take Another Puff! Not a single one

fernanda

Rayne

25 Aug 2006, 21:28 #16

I can not believe I was so willing to put all that stuff in my body for so long. I never knew they were sooooooo evil. Bad yes but not so bad as to make sure my body absorbed as much of the poison as humanly possible. Well I know I will NEVER take another puff.
YUCK.
5 days and 8 hours free

Sal GOLD.ffn

28 Oct 2006, 06:04 #17

If smoke is smelling good to you it does not mean anything other than that the smoke smells good to you.

Remember the truth, remember why you quit, remember that smoking maims and kills, remember that you are free and healing.

Remember to never take another puff!

ImageSal

JoeJFree Gold

25 Jan 2007, 20:03 #18

Hmmmm...

Y'know, even after 10 months Quit, a freshly lit cigareete's smell does appeal to me. I smoked for over 30 years, so I've got triggers that go back a long way.

But all I have to remember is the results of that smell.

Raw throat, chest tightness, muscle pain. Cigarette hangovers the next morning. Clothes that smell like bars at 2 AM. Pounding headaches. Death breath. Burnt eyeballs. Holes in my clothes. The inabilty to take a flight of stairs.

I like the smell of gasoline too. But I don't ingest it.

I'll pass.
Gormo

mattyjg

25 Jan 2007, 20:53 #19

Image I am really angry.
This post was an absolute revelation to me.

amberleaf my former nicotin delivery device.

contains: star anise, all spice, cinnamon, corinader, celery oil, honey
I love asian and indian food

contains: rum, cognac,coffee and cocoa
guess what! i love them too

contains: geranium oil
guess what! i love the smell of geraniums since i was a liitle boy( my dad who dided from cancer used to grow them.

contains: Tartrazine
WHICH.....................GUESS WHAT............I AM VERY ALERGIC TOO.

THATS IT... I HAVE BEEN TRICKED, HOW IS THIS LEGAL....

NOW I AM PROPER MAD ....THESE GUYS ( MANUFACTURERS) ARE NEVER EVER GETTING ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME...

PERIOD

LOVE MATT NTAP
My name is matthew gurney, and I am a nicotine addict.
I have stopped nicotine for 6 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes and 41 seconds (6 days).
I've not smoked 92 death sticks, and saved £6.87.
I've saved 7 hours and 38 minutes of my life.

iwannalive

30 Oct 2007, 09:44 #20

This post had me almost in tears. I am so angry at tobacco companies. I am sitting here having a hard time breathing for over a week now. I always new I had asthma but it is really bad now that I quit. And I just found this information out now? But the truth is I wouldnt have quit even knowing because i am an addict. But since I have put my mind to quitting and am aware and listing now to the facts about smoking I am so glad that I have quit and am no longer a slave to these companies that need to be shut down. (Time to make a doctors appointment for my breathing) I was hoping to wait till around three months quit just hoping it would get better. I am only 34 (young for emphazima) but still scared to find out I might have it.
GREAT POSTING!