Celebrate with me! 2 years of FREEDOM!

winna660
winna660

May 15th, 2008, 8:40 pm #1

The past two years have been amazing! Quitting smoking was the catalyst fueling a complete and total reinvention of myself. At 52, I am now doing things that never even crossed my mind before. You do not realize just how enveloped in the act of smoking you are, constantly having to feed and satisfy that addiction, until you crawl out from underneath it and allow the "smoke to clear".
The fruits and veggies I began eating to ensure that my weight would stay in check (I actually lost weight in the process of quitting) have become a permanent part of my eating habits.
I suddenly had time to take classes in painting, sketching and photography and could participate for hours without having to excuse myself to go outside and smoke. Ahhhhh!
I absolutely love me now. I have an incredible calmness all of the time. I am no longer driven by anything except creativity and I am happier than I ever thought I could be.
TWO YEARS TODAY AND COUNTING!!!
Thanks to all of you for your continued support and THANKS WHY QUIT!!!

Winna

mewapiti2
mewapiti2

May 15th, 2008, 8:57 pm #2

Winna - You are amazing and an inspiration!!!
You Rock!
Rose - Smoke free since 4/16/2008 5:00 PM
4W 15h 57m (28 days)!!!
Saved $179.15 by not smoking 716 cigarettes.

28sedona2.ffn
28sedona2.ffn

May 15th, 2008, 11:25 pm #3

Wow Winna!

2 years is awesome! Thanks for sharing how much better your life is now that you are nicotine free. I know you have done this the way we all do - One Day At A Time. Today is my fist month of being nicotine free so congradulations to both of us. Peace, Caroline

CWZero K
CWZero K

May 16th, 2008, 12:17 am #4

Congratulations on going double Gold, Winna. Thank you for stopping by and sharing your achievement with us. It is great to see the Golden Oldbies coming in and sharing. Sounds like you are leading a fun, creative, and happy life free of the shackles of nicotine. To stay free and i n control of your creative mind just remember to Never Take Another Puff!

SueMason2
SueMason2

May 16th, 2008, 1:03 am #5

I hear ya! There's just so much more time to do cool things when you don't have to be feeding that addiction. Not to mention the energy to do them. And the money to pay for them! And the confidence to imagine doing new and different things.

Congratulations on this two year milestone - you sound proud and you deserve to be.

Susan - 2 years, 4 months, 2 weeks and never going back!

Chipits GOLD.ffn
Chipits GOLD.ffn

May 16th, 2008, 1:14 am #6

"You do not realize just how enveloped in the act of smoking you are, constantly having to feed and satisfy that addiction, until you crawl out from underneath it and allow the "smoke to clear"."....Winna

Absolutely Winna, we just didn't know what life should have been like when we had accustomed ourselves to the "nicotine normal" of a masked life. Happy to hear you are are now a DOUBLE GOLD freedomite and reaping not only the benefits we were promised by those who went before us in smobriety, but even more great things that we discover about ourselves when we choose the life of freedom from nicotine.
CONGRATULATIONS GALORE!!!
Wendy&RandyUsing our smarts!Healing our parts!for 22 mths.&almost 18 mths.

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

May 16th, 2008, 2:13 am #7

Awesome post Winna. You've been absolutely a positive force since you joined our healing band of no nicotine warriors. Congratulations on GOLD x 2.

Joe J Free - GOLD - Free and Healing for Three Years, Four Months, Five Days, 3 Hours and 57 Minutes, while recapturing 228 Days and 23 Hours of my life simply by avoiding the use of 32971 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $8,323.89.

smilingthyme0
smilingthyme0

May 16th, 2008, 2:59 am #8

Winna, you are an absolute Winner.

2 YEARS OF FREEDOM - GOLD X 2! Well done and thanks so much for posting those inspirational and joy filled words, I love the sound of your life today, I can't wait to be there too. Like you, I will keep on with my wonderful decision to NTAP.

yqs

Julia FREE for 123 days. (4 Months, 2 Days, 22 hours and 43 minutes) By Avoiding the use of 2,478 nicotine delivery sticks. Reclaiming 1 Week, 1 Day, 14 hours and 30 minutes to enjoy in healthy and happy ways!

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

May 16th, 2008, 10:05 am #9

"I absolutely love me now."
Congratulations Winna on your second nicotine-free lap around the sun!
Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,
John (Gold x9)