Are You An Intelligent Smoker?

ccathy247

07 Nov 2009, 19:10 #11

the way to stay smoke free is by still recognizing the importance of staying focused on the importance of having quit and that your continued success is contingent on simply understanding that to stay free of the control that nicotine once exerted on you is just knowing now to never take another puff!

We cannot re-write the Law of Addiction
The intelligent quitter's strategy combines an understanding of the Law of Addiction
with well-protected core motivations.

Nobody ever graduates from Addiction

Cathy, Gold

[Quit April 10, 2009]

Joel Spitzer

10 Aug 2016, 22:02 #12

If you look up four posts, you will see how back in 2003 I had commented as to why I rarely popped up this string. This is no longer an issue as discussed in the video Why I no longer conduct stop smoking clinics

Newer videos related to concepts covered in this string:

Are you smart enough for an IQ pin?
Are you stronger than your cigarettes?

2003 comment from above:

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]I like this piece and feel that it is every bit as applicable to describing Freedom as it is to describing my clinics. I am sometime hesitant to bring it up too often for I don't want it to appear that I am trying to promote the clinic here at Freedom. As you may have noticed, I havn't brought this one up for almost half a year. I don't have a full clinic starting until February now so I don't feel this particular reservation at the moment.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The reason I don't like to promote the clinic is that I truly feel that people who are quitting through the work we are doing at Freedom have every bit the chance of success as people who go through my programs. In fact, I think people who really go through the library and read at the board daily may even have a better understanding of the whole smoking issue. I know that there are lots of people who have gone through my entire library, often numerous times as well as reading all of the other inspirational and educational posts at the board. Clinic graduates often spend the two weeks in the clinic pretty immersed in the quitting process and then pretty much sever contact with me and the clinic. It is fine for they often go on to do very well although I often wish that they take a little extra effort to keep reinforcing their resolve by reading or calling every now and then. Most don't and unless I contact them or run into them they spend very little time focusing on their quits. I sometimes encounter these people smoking again and can't help but to feel if they had worked at keeping the ammunition reinforced they could have succeeded permanently.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]We have lots of people here at Freedom who stay in contact. Some by posting regularly which is great, but even more who drop by occasionally to say hello but often write that they are still here reading on a regular basis to keep their quits strong. I am truly happy to know that these longer-term quitter are still here reading and working at keeping their resolves reinforced to stay smoke free.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]I hope our longer-term quitters feel free and comfortable to drop by anytime and say hello and offer a little encouragement to our newer members. Even more important though, I hope that our longer-term quitters continue to drop by regularly and read to keep their own quits reinforced. For while the title of this piece was "Are you an intelligent smoker," I think it is easier to prove to the others and to prove to yourself that you are really an intelligent ex-smoker. Show yourself and the world that you are smart enough now to know that the way to stay smoke free is by still recognizing the importance of staying focused on the importance of having quit and that your continued success is contingent on simply understanding that to stay free of the control that nicotine once exerted on you is just knowing now to never take another puff![/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Joel[/font]
Last edited by Joel Spitzer on 10 Aug 2016, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.