Appendix to "Recognizing Needs"

JoeJFree Gold

25 Nov 2006, 23:41 #11

"I just wanted to point out to new people that in quitting smoking you are going to learn a whole lot of things about yourself that you didn't know. A lot of you may feel concerned that somehow you won't be as much "yourself" without smoking; you feel that smoking was an important part of your self-image. I felt like that at first. I think you will find that every single one of the things that you think made smoking help you be you....are just you. They never needed the cigarettes at all. You just thought they did."

Erica - now a couple times Gold.

JoeJFree Gold

20 Mar 2007, 19:20 #13

You don't become less of yourself when you get rid of nicotine,
You become MORE of Yourself!
Many times what you are feeling as 'something missing' is really something that is supposed to be there - in your new normal life.
Recovery is a process of learning to live naturally, without the want or need of a psychoactive chemical compound.
To remain free from nicotine.
You only need to remain free of nicotine.
Learning to live as you were meant to be, born to be, supposed to be ......
truly living takes time and patience. You have taken the turn onto the path back to the true you, rejoice in the knowledge that it does get better each day that you stay clean of nicotine.
JJF - Goldx2

johnnynonic

19 Jan 2008, 12:36 #14

ImageI just wanted to point out to new people that in quitting smoking you are going to learn a whole lot of things about yourself that you didn't know. A lot of you may feel concerned that somehow you won't be as much "yourself" without smoking; you feel that smoking was an important part of your self-image. I felt like that at first. I think you will find that every single one of the things that you think made smoking help you be you....are just you. They never needed the cigarettes at all. You just thought they did.
I am so happy to be sharing another smoke-free day with all of you.
Cheers
Erica (Gold)

JoeJFree Gold

13 Apr 2008, 19:58 #15

Saw where Erica dropped in and is now well past Gold x4. This is a brilliant post she made that surely helped me back when I was a newbie.

Image"I just wanted to point out to new people that in quitting smoking you are going to learn a whole lot of things about yourself that you didn't know. A lot of you may feel concerned that somehow you won't be as much "yourself" without smoking; you feel that smoking was an important part of your self-image. I felt like that at first. I think you will find that every single one of the things that you think made smoking help you be you....are just you. They never needed the cigarettes at all. You just thought they did."

johnnynonic

30 Sep 2008, 09:20 #16

ImageI just wanted to point out to new people that in quitting smoking you are going to learn a whole lot of things about yourself that you didn't know. A lot of you may feel concerned that somehow you won't be as much "yourself" without smoking; you feel that smoking was an important part of your self-image. I felt like that at first. I think you will find that every single one of the things that you think made smoking help you be you....are just you. They never needed the cigarettes at all. You just thought they did.