Alcohol and quitting

engben

01 Jan 2014, 19:11 #31

I'm sitting here on the mend from a New Year's Eve party.  Alcohol, I should know better.  There were lots of smokers and smoked filled the air.  While mixing and mingling what kept going through my mind was 1=1,000.  One might be good, but I know the LoA  and I believe in it.  I can't imagine a successful quit without that knowledge.

Since my quit I have not backed down from any of my triggers, alcohol included.  I meet them head on.  I figure if I keep beating them down then eventually they will just fade away, like that part of Ben that is no more.  I ended the last 146 days of 2013 smoke free.  I intend to go the next 146 years the same way!   

Ben

MauriceS

11 Feb 2015, 10:15 #33

i once also become a smoker then tried alcohol. my alcohol addiction become worst even my smoke addiction because everytime i drink i also puff pack's of cigarette and  Honestly, every day of my life is like in the middle of a sea of fire. i felt like im Poisoning my body slowly. then i realize that i already digging my grave little by little. and my family told me that i should stop my addiction, then one of my friend gave me websites and told me to read it that some how i manage to finish reading it and i learned the cause and effect of my addiction to my body. and gives me more reason to stop my addiction.
Last edited by MauriceS on 11 Feb 2015, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.

Joel Spitzer

11 Feb 2015, 14:35 #34

"...[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]my family told me that i should stop my addiction"[/font][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]
[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Watch the video [/font]"What should I call myself?"

Also related from the string How long does it take to become addicted
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]
[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Question: How long does it take to become readdicted?[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Answer: There is no answer, it was a trick question. You never got unaddicted.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The question should have been how long does it take to relapse? The answer to this is how long does it take you to secure a cigarette, strike a match or lighter and take a puff? It can happen in an instant if you ever drop your guard.[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]So how long does it take to secure your quit? It only takes a few seconds, the time that it should take for you to just remind yourself as to why you committed to never take another puff![/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Joel[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Point of the above two references is that you cannot stop your addiction to nicotine, but you can stop feeding the addiction and thus break the grip that the addiction held on you. Then the addiction will become asymptomatic and stay that way as long as you stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff..[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Other related videos:[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The power of nicotine addiction[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Are you a nicotine junkie?[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Were you addicted?[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Nicotine Addiction[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"How can I be addicted, I can go hours without smoking."[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"I can't quit because I am addicted"[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The law of addiction[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Are there social smokers?[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Criteria of addiction[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Addiction - the Surgeon General says ... [/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][/font][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][/font]