Actions speak louder than words—or thought.

freedom20082

11 Oct 2008, 00:01 #31

YES I HAVE UNDERSTOOD THE SIMPLE UNDERLYING MESSAGE..IT TAKE MIN 2-3 MIN OF ACTION TO GET STARTED SMOKING. SO, THOUGHT MAY OCCURE BUT IF YOU NEVER GO TO THE CIG STORE, OPEN YOUR MONEY-BAG, BUYS CIG AND SEARCH FOR LIGHTER AND LIGHTS IT...CONTROL YOURSELF BEFORE YOU LIGHT UP. THATS ALL NEVER DO SUCH ACTIONS AGAIN. STAY SMOKE-FREE.
UJJWAL SAHA

ThePanster

24 Mar 2009, 21:11 #33

This kind of knowledge is saving my life. Thanks for bumping it. Image
Amanda

(currenlty w/o quit meter, but just hours from reaching 8 weeks)

onthepath

09 Mar 2012, 18:15 #34

This was written almost 10 years ago, but I could have written it this morning. It's truth resonates every fiber of my being. I have really been struggling lately and feeling exactly what this thread is talking about. Feeling like I should know better. I should be better than this by now.
I am 3 months into my quit. Sometimes it feels like forever and I get sooo tired of trying and trying and trying. Yet I struggle to ask for help for all the reasons listed in the previous post. Pride, embarrassment, fear of discouraging a newbie.
I will be very honest and say that every crave only lasts about 15-20 seconds, but lately they are coming every half an hour or so. That might not be true but it feels like it. I thought I should carry a pen and paper and write down every crave and see how often it really is and how strong the crave is and how long it lasts. I'm pretty sure it would be a lot less than my addiction is telling me right now.
I haven't been on why quit for several weeks. I stopped journaling over a month ago. Thought I had it made. It was going soo smooth. I thought I had accomplished the task and allowed myself to neglect my quit just like knowbutts talks about.
I am determined to step back and take better care of my quit. I won't let life and my mind get so busy that I get caught off guard and become weaker and weaker.
Quit 3 months, 4 days, 4 hours, 22 seconds.

Magg1e

29 Mar 2012, 16:56 #35

Hey I so totally understand and have just hit 3 months..... I guess we all feel we should be "over it" by now..... well it's the longest relationship I've had with anyone/thing and I am still in withdrawal..... maybe I always will be to an extent but I am not going back.... no way...... I know it's a daily struggle.... but hey it was becoming a daily struggle smoking everyday..... (after 32 years of 25 a day) I spend a  lot of time each day thinking about not smoking!!!!

Yes I also crave and I think physically too still...... I think the quote you found is so true....

I have decided my journal is for me to note stupid things to myself if I need to..... I also know that the staff are here and they always respond really quick when I am having a bad day....if your having a bad day say it shout it.... let it out let it go.... get help get praise for how far you have come, cos you are A.May.Zing you have done so well........ I know, even though I have not done it yet, that the next three months will not be as bad as the last........ 

Stay strong.... Stay Free..... Best

Maggie

---
3m 18:55 smoke-free, 2,291 cigs not smoked, £492.57 saved, 1w 22:55 life reclaimed

Joel Spitzer

29 Mar 2012, 21:11 #36

"...and I am still in withdrawal....."

"…Yes I also crave and I think physically too still…"

Craves and thoughts that occur over time