dixieanny
dixieanny

9:16 PM - Aug 24, 2009 #26

All we have to do is never take another puff, and BELIEVE those who climb ahead of us that it does get better and better. I for one can attest to that so try to stay on the positive road to FREEDOM!

zeddontsmoke
zeddontsmoke

12:11 PM - Dec 26, 2010 #27

Thankyou Joel and everyone else who posted here

Im in my 3rd week and was struggling a little this week...not with the temptation to smoke amazingly, but with how to 'enjoy' life without a cigarette.  Just reading this has given me a new sense of hope and excitement and I look forward to viewing my next 3 weeks through a more positive lense.

Because even in the beginning you can look at each crave as a sign that your bodies healing...and that's exactly what it is. Each crave you've conquered is just another sign to your body that you aren't going to put up with the nicotine anymore...and little by little you work your way to total comfort.

Zed x
Last edited by zeddontsmoke on 1:38 PM - Dec 26, 2010, edited 1 time in total.

kimberlymcb
kimberlymcb

8:43 PM - Jan 05, 2012 #28

I fine myself think "OK I do not like doing this any more because I would smoke while doing so" my first long drive to work I had such a negitive feeling after I did so because I felt it was so hard to do.

6:22 PM - Sep 20, 2012 #29

Last edited by Joel Spitzer on 2:26 PM - Nov 22, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Brenda
Brenda

10:29 AM - Feb 22, 2016 #30

The longer I am nicotine free,the more positive I have become. The fog is slowly lifting and nicotine grasp on me is weakening everyday. Day 22 and still finding my way, but starting to enjoy the benifits.