A Visit With Santa

Dionne (gold)

02 Jan 2007, 08:27 #11

Gormo? I liked your letter very much. You cut right to the heart of the matter didn't you? I was remembering the other day how I used to pray every night when I went to bed that I would wake up being a non-smoker. Notice the most important thing in that wish? I wanted to wake up having never smoked. I did not want to quit, I was chicken and afraid of doing the quit. I didnt' want to fail again. I wanted to shut my eyes and make it go away.

Instead one night like you I stood up and said it stops here. Right now! And in a day or so discovered Whyquit and learned what I needed to learn to stay smoke free. I bought the whole enchilala on this site, that information and my desire to quit saved my life and you know what Gormo? I want to live a very long time. Not for my children or grandchildren or for any noble thing in the world, I just want to live a righteous and long healthy life. For me.

The very notion brings a smile to my face.
It'd be great if it did for you too.
Walk with pride today and NTAP! :) :>)
your quit sis, Dionne, smellingn good and enjoying freedom for over 6 years.

JoeJFree Gold

25 Dec 2007, 10:35 #12

ImageWise words written by a Golden Oldbie from days gone by who now listens to choirs of angels (at least I like to think so).ImageImage
That Santa guy is pretty smart too and is undoubtedly an ex-smoker now. Never see him with his pipe any more. Image
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 24 Dec 2009, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Joe J free

24 Dec 2009, 23:40 #13

Give the Gift of Freedom from Nicotine - choose to Not Take A Puff for the rest of today.

Joe J free

25 Dec 2010, 05:14 #14

ImageOnly one person can give you this gift.  

Give yourself a most precious gift today, choose to live free of our shared dependency by not taking another puff just for ther rest of today.

In memory of our friend and my fellow motorcyclist, Steve 'Gormo' Gordon. Image
Last edited by Joe J free on 25 Dec 2010, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.

Joe J free

25 Dec 2011, 05:02 #15

Only one person can give you this gift.  
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"Santa, the most important thing to me, would be to no longer smoke cigarettes"[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"Oh [/font]Gormo[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF], that's not so difficult, Millions of people don't smoke. Tens of thousands of people realize the dangers of smoking. It's [/font][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]really quite simple. You smoke. or you don't. You use nicotine or you don't.[/font]

In memory of our friend and my fellow motorcyclist, Steve 'Gormo' Gordon. Image  

Joe J free

25 Dec 2012, 13:30 #16

Time for a visit from Gormo.