Marty Gold
Marty Gold

May 15th, 2001, 1:34 am #26

Zep, unlike Joanne and all those others, I AM going to comply with your wishes.
I AM NOT going to post to this thread.
I AM NOT going to agree with all my friends who say what a truly wonderful and inspiring achievement your 2-year quit is.
I AM NOT going to say how deeply I admire the way you have dedicated your life to helping others thru this site.
I AM NOT going to say that my sincerest hope is that I can in some small way try to follow your example.
I AM just going to ignore this unseemly celebration, and pretend it isn't happening, just as you requested.

... and this is not a celebratory glass of champagne
Marty

Mari GOLD
Mari GOLD

May 15th, 2001, 3:35 am #27

Dearest Zep, Joanne promised not to "make a fuss" unless she changed her mind! Bet you didn't check for crossed fingers or toes, did ya?! And, this is one "fuss" we are so proud to honor. I want to add my thanks to you for starting this one-of-a-kind support group, too, because I believe deep in my heart that without it I wouldn't be here today celebrating my quit. I know that without it circumstances would have led me back to smoking, several times, because I would still have been in the dark about this addiction. I would still be believing the lie that I could have "just one" and that smoking would make things easier. I wouldn't have the tools I need to stay quit every day, one day at a time. I wouldn't be enjoying the health and comfort I do today. I wouldn't be able to enjoy life without the devastating effects, and deadly grasp of nicotine destroying my body and my emotional health.
On the other side, I wouldn't have the patience and compassion for smokers, most of all my Hubby, without the education I've gotten here because I now know what they are battling. It's a battle I choose to win each morning when I promise myself I'll not smoke today. My sincerest wish is to see all smokers quit, today, but I know that it's a personal choice for them, the same as it is for me, each day, and I am now more prepared to help and guide them in a way that can work toward a permenant quit--when they are ready.
Thank you for the hours upon hours of your time you spend reading this board and reaching out to us.
Thank you for the information you so patiently post and re-post in order to help us through those rough times.
Thank you for keeping us focused and on message so that our goals are not diluted and off-course.
Thank you for being willing to "stand in the gap" and make those tough decisions for the good of the Freedom family.
Thank you for caring about those of us out here, most of whom you'll never meet in person, but nevertheless feel a genuine sense of belonging and fellowship when we thought we were going to lose our happy minds, especially in the early days of our quits.
Thank you for seeing to it that the information we get is accurate and timely so that we can rest assured that we are dealing with facts and not assumptions and half-truths.
Thank you for helping us keep a sense of humor about us, because a good laugh is a great tension reliever and is music to the soul.
Thank you for being here, one day at a time, as a role model and proof that life is comfortable and wonderful without nicotine.
Thank you for making it possible for me to see myself as I really am without the cover of a drug controlling my life, stealing my health, and robbing me of a fuller more productive life.
Thank you for being you. Congratulations on a wonderful quit!!! Love, Mari

Sarita Bronze
Sarita Bronze

May 15th, 2001, 5:42 am #28

Zep, you share and encourage, and help so many here to heal. YOU should feel very proud of your efforts and all you do... to lend a sturdy hand to so many, not only will you not die a smoker, neither will thousands more! Your Mom would be REALLY PROUD OF YOU!

Your Summerville Quit Sister
Julia @ 3 Months, 1 Week & 2 Days &
Going For the Gold