6-23-04 My sister Kim

6-23-04 My sister Kim

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:15 pm #1

From: headbo (gold) (Original Message) Sent: 6/23/2004 11:49 PM
This is a most difficult post, but I thought I should let you know that my big sister and best friend, Kim, passed away this morning, June 23rd, 2004 at age 46. As most of you know, she was diagnosed with lung cancer on March 7th, 2002 and fought the biggest battle of her life.

Kim had another brain tumor that was causing her problems with balance, memory and confusion. Because she did so well with the last surgery, the same doctor removed it on June 16th, but only this time she suffered a stroke and never recovered. Kim had a strong heart and lived for one week although she was unresponsive.

Kim suffered a great deal the last 6 months of her life. She had severe pain because of another tumor on her adrenal gland, but never complained because she would never want to burden anyone. I know she suffered much in silence and the last thing she wanted was for anyone to fuss or worry about her.

Kim's pain is over now, but her family's has just begun. A pain that I hope none of you ever have to experience. Trust me when I say that quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself.

My life has been forever changed.

Kelly

I have chosen not to smoke for 2 Years 3 Months 2 Weeks 2 Days 1 Hour 45 Minutes 7 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 16781. Money saved: C$4,614.90.

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:23 pm #2

Message 2 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I cannot express how sorry I am. Your post tore me up. Thanks for letting us know how very bad smoking can be for everyone, and hope your post helps at least *one* person to join Freedom. God bless you and your sister.

Sherry

Message 3 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

I am so sorry to read Kim has passed away. Thank you so much for letting us at Freedom know. I think you can guess how many people she touched with her story as she fought cancer. At the beginning of my quit when I thought I felt bad, I would find Kim's posts for inspiration. She had a great sense of humour; didn't she? I don't know if I can say anything of comfort. Just know I lit a candle, said a prayer and was grateful again tonight that I got to meet her in cyberspace. She will be missed. She made a difference. So have you. Thank you both.

~ Kay ~
6 months of Freedom.

Message 4 of 117 in Discussion

Oh Kelly. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that Kim's suffering has come to an end. My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family at this painful time. Your and your sister's journeys have been so touching and inspirational to so many. Take comfort in knowing that Kim's experience will continue to go forth and reach many, many people struggling to climb out of the grips of nicotine addiction.

Thank you again and again to both you and Kim for sharing this profound journey with us and the world.

Melissa
37 months

Message 5 of 117 in Discussion

Hello Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear that your sister Kim has passed away. You and your family are in my prayers. You don't know me, but I feel like I know you and your sister because of the courage and generousity Kim showed by sharing her experience. Just think of the countless number of strangers that she helped. Including me. Thank you Kelly for always taking the time to inform your Freedom family. You are as courageous and generous as Kim. God Bless You and your family .

Tina - Free and Healing for Three Months, Twenty Seven Days and 48 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1416 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $483.92.
Message 6 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly
I am so sorry to hear of Kim's death.
She was an inspiration to me in my quit. I am so thankful for the life she chose to live.
My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time, and may the peace that passes understanding become yours in due time.
"Underneath are the everlasting arms"

Love Barb
Message 7 of 117 in Discussion

dearest Kelly:

There are no words at a time like this. Your sister took a bad situation, and turned it into salvation for so many, many others. I remember just reaching green when you both joined, and I remember how your story reached out to me and showed me that this was serious. Deadly, deadly serious.

I pray for comfort and peace for you and the rest of the family. As someone who has also lost close loved ones, I know that it may not come quickly. But also know that you are always welcome in your other family, here. And know that a life that accomplished so very much good in just the last two years... cannot have been in vain. That life will not go unforgiven... uncherished. Kim has earned her rest in the loving arms of God, and the good that she helped propell forward will go on, and those who she has touched, and will touch in the future.... those lives saved will be the best, and longest lasting memorial to someone who gave so much to others in the midst of her own greatest need.

God be with you Kelly. Today and in all the days to come.

YQB Bill Wiesel Two years, four months, two weeks, one day. 26000 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,134.81. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes.

Message 8 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kim was a very special lady and inspiration to many here.

It will be echoed here one million times over that she helped many to stick to and or take that first step toward quitting. She used things in her life that at times had to be devastating and a true test of faith and strength to educate and help people in their endeavors to be free.

I remember a post from her about her hair and the way it was growing back. She had a great sense of humor even with all she went through and faced. I respected her and admired her very much.

May God be with you and give you strength and peace.
Melissa

Message 9 of 117 in Discussion

I almost did not open this post because I was afraid that it was bad news. I knew that I had to be stronger than that so I opened it. While I am saddened by the fact that Kim is no longer with us, I rejoice at the fact that she is out of pain and for all of the good she has done (and will continue to do) for Freedomites and lurkers past present and future!

I am reminded that God does all things for a reason and allows things to happen for a reason. Although Kim was only with us for a season, her impact will be felt for years to come.

My heart and prayers go out to you, Kelly, and to your family. But also, I extend my gratitude for sharing your sister with us.

The best tribute I believe that can be paid to Kim today and every day is to remember to never take another puff one day at a time!

yqb, David Seven months, two weeks, two days, 17 hours, 53 minutes and 50 seconds. 4135 cigarettes not smoked, saving $310.10. Life saved: 2 weeks, 8 hours, 35 minutes.

Message 10 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family now. It is with great sadness that I read your post this morning. As the tears are fresh on my face, I want to write to you. I want you to know what you and your sister have given to my husband (who has stage IV lung cancer) and to me . You have given us the strength and courage to try to help others by example.

Kim, was a beautiful person and her memory and the message she shared will live on at whyquit.com and in the hearts of all who read it. She shared so much of herself at this site to try to help others know the serious consequences of smoking.

Take care of yourself Kelly and may God be with you and your family .

sue

Message 11 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

My heart goes out to you. Kim fought so hard and so bravely. You were there for her easing the worst times and celebrating the victories. You've each had a remarkable woman for a sister. May the good memories bring you comfort.

Lorraine

Message 12 of 117 in Discussion

The seeds of Kim's kindness, caring and can do spirit were long ago planted in so many of us, Kelly. She lives on inside us. Your both amazing women. We were blessed to be graced not only with your powerful message but by watching and sharing in your playful sisterly banter. Kim's at peace and our conrns and prayers are with you and your family. You're in our hearts too Kelly and there to stay! John

Message 13 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I am so very sorry to hear about Kim, her unselfish sharing has made and will continue to make a big difference in the lives of many. Early in my quit I was inspired by her story...I have not taken another puff...Today I celebrate 8 weeks.

My prayers are with you and your family

Sissy 56 days
Message 14 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your sister provided me hope and inspiration in my quit. She was a wonderful person. She will be greatly missed by her Freedon Family also.
CubicSize
Message 15 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, I am so very, very sorry. Kim was brave and strong and generous of spirit. She has influenced so many people with her story. And you are very generous as well to reach out to us in the midst of your sorrow.

Lilac asked me to pass along her condolences to you.

Small comfort to you on this day but you and your family and Kim's spirit are being closely embraced by so many unmet friends around the world whose lives you have touched.

Parker - 2 years
Message 16 of 117 in Discussion

I am so sorry to hear about Kim. Please accept my condolences. How sad for you to lose your best friend and sister.

But Kim DID make an impact! And will continue to do so. Because of her postings, and that photo of her back with the scar when she had her lung removed..that has had the MOST impact on me. I will forever keep a copy of it in and if I EVER even think I want to even take a puff, I will just look at that photo.

Today is my one year anniversay of not smoking and believe me I will be thinking of both you and Kim. I lost my sister when she was 43, (diabetic), so I know the pain of losing one so close.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,
June Lynn

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:27 pm #3

Message 17 of 117 in Discussion

Kelley,

As always, you have taken the time to share Kim's plight with your Freedom family and for that, we thank you. Kim (and you) have been such an inspiration to everyone here, it would be impossible to know how many lives have been saved. Please know that our collective arms and prayers continue to be around you in the loss of "our" beloved Kim. yqs, JD

Judy is GOLD and has been nic free for: 1Y 5M 1W 1D and has NOT smoked 23681 smelly cigs, for a grand $$$ savings of $3,966.65 plus life of Freedom extended by: 2M 3W 5h 25m.

Message 18 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss. I read your post earlier this morning but haven't been able to find the words to reply. I sat at my computer and wept when I read this. I know there are no words that can ease your pain right now. I just want you to know what a profound impact your sister had on my life and the lives of so many others. She was an amazing and courageous woman. To share herself so openly with anyone who cared to hear her message was such a giving and wonderful thing to do. I hope you know how many lives she touched and what a difference she made for so many of us. I wish I could ease your family's pain. God bless you both.

Sheryl
I have chosen not to smoke for 8 Months 2 Weeks 6 Days 3 Hours 1 Minute 15 Seconds thanks in part to your beautiful sister Kim.
Message 19 of 117 in Discussion
Kelly,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today and over the coming days as you grieve the loss of your beloved friend and sister Kim. Like many others here at FREEDOM, Kim taught me that this struggle for freedom is a struggle for life. I am forever grateful for her inspiration. I hope these words offer some comfort:

Now that I am gone,
remember me with smiles and laughter.
And if you need to cry,
cry with your brother or sister
who walks in grief beside you.
And when you need me,
put your arms around anyone
and give to them what you need to give to me.
There are so many who need so much.
I want to leave you something --
something much better than words or sounds.
Look for me in the people I've known
or helped in some special way.
Let me live in your heart
as well as in your mind.
You can love me most
by letting your love reach out to our loved ones,
by embracing them and living in their love.
Love does not die, people do.
So, when all that's left of me is love,
give me away as best you can.

-- Author unknown

When we honestly ask ourselves
which person in our lives means the most to us,
we often find that it is those who,
instead of giving much advice, solutions or cures,
have chosen rather to share our pain
and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand.
The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion,
who can stay with us in an hour of grief or bereavement,
who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing,
and face us with the reality of our powerlessness,
that is a friend who cares.

-- Henri J. M. Nouwen
in Out of Solitude; Three Meditations on the Christian Life

YQS~Mary Kate

Free and very gratefully healing 1 Year, 9 Months, 7 Hours and 26 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 66 Days and 14 Hours, by avoiding the use of 19179 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $4,923.04.

Message 20 of 117 in Discussion

Oh Kelly, I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your best friend, Kim. Your sister and yourself have been a huge inspiration to me and I have shown my son and husband your story.

It is a lose that I hope I will not have to go through, and your story is one of the reason that I will never take another puff. Pain in any form is worth avoiding or preventing if there is a way possible, and it is possible to quit a deadly addiction!

Please know that my heart is with you today, xoxoxox.

Georja
107 days

Message 21 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly: Just wanted to extend my condolences and let you know my thoughts are with you and your family.

Kellie

Free and Healing for One Month, Seven Days, 1 Hour and 44 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 20 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1112 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $194.93.
Message 22 of 117 in Discussion

Hello Kelly: I too am deeply saddened by your loss. Kim truly was an inspiration to lots of people here. The grace, dignity and even the humor she used in dealing with the trials and tribulations she faced from the disease over the past two years served as an example to all who read here. Her work here has touched the lives of many people.

Kelly, over the past 30 years I have encountered dozens of people who faced the same plight that Kim was dealing with. Some, like Kim I met right after the time of their initial diagnosis. Others were people who had quit smoking only to find out within a year or two, or, even as much as five or six years later that they had lung cancer. One thing that always amazed me is what a high percent of these people felt that quitting and staying free was still of great importance even when they come to realize that their battle was almost over. It is no longer an effort to save their own lives but more often an effort to help others they care for from avoiding the same plight. I suspect your quit was important to Kim and that she wanted to set an example to help you as well as all of the people closest to her.

What I have seen very often though is how people who realize the true cost of smoking not only want to share their experience with those closest to them, but also how they want to help people who they meet and if possible, to even help people who they will never meet. We have even seen numerous examples of this phenomena happening with some of our current Freedom members who have spouses who are battling for their lives from smoking induced diseases, and who go out to reach school age groups to help them from ever having to face similar conditions. I know from the many hours of time Kim spent here at Freedom trying to help people that she felt the same sort of commitment to help our many members and our many readers.

I have encountered many people who would come serve as panelists for me in my live programs, sometimes reaching 30 or 40 people at a time, even sometimes one or two hundred people over a few year period. They often felt a real sense of purpose knowing that they likely effected the lives of these people, literally saving them and their families from having to face similar losses. I know from first hand contact with people that their ability to help so many people was a great comfort to them.

Kim did more than just reach a few hundred people though. We know from our www.whyquit.com statistics that she reached over 15,000 people in just the past year in a half. This is not counting people who read her stories just here at Freedom and the numbers she reached in her first few months here with us. She truly has helped to save hundreds if not thousands of lives by her selfless efforts here.

She has served as an example for us all. Not just on how smoking can cause such great devastation, but more importantly on how a smoker, in even the most dire of condition has the full ability to quit smoking and the full ability to sustain a quit forever. This lesson is seldom told and almost never in a more eloquent manner than Kim used with us all here at Freedom. As has been said by others already, she will be sorely missed here at Freedom, but she will never be forgotten.

Even the title of what I think was her first post, "Fortunate to be alive to tell about it," still has its place here. We are all fortunate that she had the extra time alive that she most likely had by quitting and that she utilized that time to help so many people. Many she got to know and there are countless others who she will never get to know, but who will know her. They will likely always remember her too and feel a great degree of love and admiration for her. For Kim's efforts likely helped them to save their health and their lives by showing them that staying free was totally doable once a person firmly commits to never take another puff!

Joel

Message 23 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly - Know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Charlee

Message 24 of 117 in Discussion

I just realized that today is also the 5 year anniversary of Noni's passing: Meet noni

And here is a link to Kim's story for those who are meeting her here for the first time: Meet kim, a member of freedom

Newbies take heart, like Kim alway said, "I would rather going through withdrawal, than this".

Love and light-

YQS~Mary Kate

Message 25 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
Words cannot express the sadness i felt when i read your post just now. i have never experienced a death in my family, i cannot begin to imagine your grief and loss. Your sister Kim, is an amazing soul, i have always been knocked over by her fun attitude and jokes in the face of some of the most frightening circumstances. You stand beside her equal, you reflect her strength by always being there for her, to post here today shows your inner beauty and a selflessness that i can only wish for, i hold such respect for you, you will never realise.
i remember first finding this site, the pictures i saw of Kim, knowing she was still here to warn us of the damage smoking will do to us, it put the fear into me, i promise her today, i will not smoke again ever. Every effort she made here on this site,to warn us, i respect, i understand,and i will honour her wishes.
I am so sad for you , my heart is melting, i send you all of the love and hugs and support i can feel,please believe these words im writing to you, God Bless you and Kim resting in peace.
lynda

Message 26 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly

I am so sorry for your loss. I have not been a member too long, but Kim's story was one of the first I read, and will be with me forever. Please accept my condolences.

Dina,
3 months.
Message 27 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

My prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Kim's inspiration lives on in so many of us. I know I will never forget her.

God bless.

MareBear
Message 28 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly -

I am so saddened by your post. Words cannot express how I feel.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take comfort with the thought that Kim is no longer suffering and now at peace. God be with you and yours.

SandyBob
Message 29 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I am so sorry for you loss. Kim was one of many reasons why I continue to stay nicotine free to this day. She has helped many of us who are struggling with our addiction. All I can say is thank you.

Bob
I have chosen not to give in to my junkie thoughts and inhale 4000+ chemical compounds and 43 known carcinogens into my lungs for 11 Months 2 Weeks 3 Days 15 Hours 4 Minutes 26 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 7072. Money saved: $1,768.14.
Life gained back to share with future grandchildren 1 Mo 2 Wks 4 Days 2 Hrs 45 Mins 36 Secs
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Message 30 of 117 in Discussion

Good morning, Kelly.

It is with tremendous sadness that I discovered this post today. Words cannot express how much my heart goes out to you and your family.

Please know just how important Kim's story was to all of us here at Freedom. For myself, it had major impact on my quit, right from the beginning. And it will continue to do so. Your sister was a blessing to this world - that will never be forgotten by anyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Cyndi

Seven months, two weeks, one day, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 22 seconds. 1598 cigarettes not smoked, saving $879.09. Life saved: 5 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes.

Message 31 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, I offer to you and your family my most sincere condolences... I was so saddened to read your post because, like so many others here, the story of your beautiful sister's battle with cancer was one of the first things that grabbed me about this website - one of the first things that lifted the cloud from my mind and made me realize just how critical this choice to quit is. And I know that now, more than ever, Kim's story will connect with and impact people for a long, long time to come.

We are all sharing in your pain and sense of loss, Kelly...and hopefully knowing just how much it is shared and felt by your family here will help to ease it just a bit from your shoulders. You are both a tremendous source of strength and inspiration to so many - I only hope we can return a bit of that to you now.

God bless....

Teresa

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:31 pm #4

Message 32 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

My thoughts are with you and your family. I drew a lot of inspiration from Kim's words. She helped many.

Shaun, 115 days +

Message 33 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly - I am so saddened to read about Kim's passing. She was and still is an inspiration to me. I read of her journey when I first joined Freedom. I thought ..... if Kim can do it I can do it. My prayers are with you and your family. Just know that Kim spent the last 2 years of her life helping others. What a selfless person she was. She will long live in our memory

Tulip - One year, nine months, one week, six days, 14 hours, 0 minutes and 55 seconds. 16314 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4,326.63. Life saved: 8 weeks, 15 hours, 30 minutes.
Message 34 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Like many others here at Freedom I read about Kim's battle early in my quit and it helped to serve as inspiration in the dark times. May you find peace in knowing she no longer suffers and that she will be with you always in spirit.

YQS

Kellie

Two months, three weeks, two days, 14 hours, 38 minutes and 2 seconds. 1692 cigarettes not smoked, saving $338.27. Life saved: 5 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes.
Message 35 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

My sincerest condolences. Kim's plight has had a profound influence on me
personally. She will be missed by all here at freedom. You and your family
will be in my prayers.

Respectfull Yours,

Tom
Message 36 of 117 in Discussion

I know that this is probably no comfort just now, but you only have to look at the responses to this string to see that Kim influenced a lot of people. Many people try their whole lives and never get to do
as much good as she did.
Who knows how many lives she saved by her shining example
of courage and bravery.

I hope that you and the rest of your family can get through this sad time.

Maggie
Message 37 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear about Kim, she will live on in all of us. My prayers to you and yours.

Cookie
Message 38 of 117 in Discussion

My thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs are with you.

Lisa
Almost 4 months now.
Message 39 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
Kim's lesson will not be forgotten. You and your family are in my thoughts.
ahnaka
Message 40 of 117 in Discussion
~Her message still has a voice

and the love behind it

is alive in many of grateful hearts ~

Message 41 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss of Kim. As a 4+month newbie, I was not able to know her personally through her posts. Nevertheless, her story, that I first read at WhyQuit, is one of the things that helps my quit be so strong.
Her passing puts a very realworld face to the true dangers and damages from smoking and our addictions to nicotine that can't be ignored by anyone who is serious about being quit. That you both shared so much with us at Freedom, in what would normally be a private family matter, is something not to be taken for granted. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Richard
Message 42 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly so very sorry to hear about your beautiful sister Kim has ben an inspiration to me to stay quit I know she has helped an awful lot of people here at Freedom and she will be missed.
I have been nicotine free for 11 months
Message 43 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss. Kim was a rare person and I feel priviledged to have crossed her path.

Kim guided me in the early days of my recovery and helped me to cherish my freedom. She was such a gift to this forum. She saved lives.

May the love and appreciation so many of us here feel for both you and your sister bring some comfort to your family in this terrible time,
ALYSON

Message 44 of 117 in Discussion

Oh, Kelly.... I'm stunned.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Kim is a very special person who will live on in so many peoples hearts and minds.

In her own words:

"I love my Freedom Family.
What I want all of you to do is hang on to those quits,
if you are ever feeling down or you're on the verge of taking a puff, please think of me.
Believe me you never want to go through what I went through and you may not be as lucky as me either.
You don't want to be in the Wall of Remembrance.
Take Care and Again Thank-you all!!!!"

Kim (celebrating "Bronze" - 7 June 2002)

Warm wishes flooding your way, Kelly....

A certain person who posts here nay mor, asked me to pass this on:
"Oh Richard I don't know what to say.....I loved that lady and I am gutted as I know all at freedom will be......please Richard pass on my heartfelt sympathy to kim's sister......I am so deeply saddened by this..... it certainly puts things into perspective doesn't it, if anyone deserved to live she did. I am just so very very sorry.

richard (2 Years 3 Months 1 Week 4 Days 13 Hours 18 Minutes 58 Seconds of inspiration - much of it provided by Kim and Kelly... all of it provided by Freedom)

Never take another Puff
Good bye Kim..... you will continue to live on and inspire here.

Message 45 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, I am so sorry to hear about Kim's passing. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through. Please accept my condolances and know that Kim's life will go on in the memories and hearts of the many who looked to her for hope & inspiration.

Carmen

Message 46 of 117 in Discussion

Gosh, my heart almost stopped beating when I visited whyquit today and saw this sad news.

I do not know what to say.

Just know that you and your family are in my thoughts. Kim was an inspiration to me as she was to everyone here at Freedom. I feel lucky to have interacted with here here at Freedom.

I am so very sorry.

ComicForces

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:35 pm #5

Message 47 of 117 in Discussion

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_KimsTribute.html

Message 48 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I am one of the thousands of lives that Kim helped to save. I just want to say that I will be thinking of you in this sad and difficult time - and also "THANK YOU" for selflessly sharing your lives, experiences, and wisdom with us.

I will always remember Kim.

Sincerely,
Laura Fischer

Ten months, two weeks, 23 hours, 21 minutes and 27 seconds.
6399 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,079.82.
Life saved: 3 weeks, 1 day, 5 hours, 15 minutes.

Message 49 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

As you can see, your sister's life and story have been so incredibly important to SO many people. Though I never physically met her, I will never forget her. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynn
Message 50 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
Today must be so hard for you.
Kim has done so much for so many people. When I read your post earlier today, the rest of the day seemed meaaningless in comparison to the meaning that Kim and you have given to so many people's lives.
Thank you both and my thoughts are with your family.
Marion
Message 51 of 117 in Discussion

Kim's strength and determination lives on in each and every one of us that NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.

May the angels watch over you in your time of sorrow. I am deeply saddened by your loss as I hold Kim's story close to my heart.

Fondly,
NancyH

One year, seven months, one week, 7 hours, 21 minutes and 42 seconds. 11706 cigarettes not smoked, saving $2,048.43. Life saved: 5 weeks, 5 days, 15 hours, 30 minutes.

hugsblinkiesnailJS.gif
Message 52 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I almost didn't want to respond to this post because I am so bad at this sort of thing. I never know what to say, it just seems like no words are the right words.

I'd just like you to know that I've been a member of Freedom for a little over 5 months now, and Kim's story is one of the first that I saw, and certainly kept me motivated when I had a day where I was contemplating "just one". Certainly she's been successful in her efforts to convince others to quit .

Thank you for all that you've shared with us at Freedom

Angie- 5 Months 1 Week 4 Days 5 Minutes 8 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 1304. Money saved: C$521.61.
Message 53 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly: I am so sorry for your loss. May God grant your family and you his peace and comfort. May you find strength in the memories of happy moments spent with your beloved sister.
I am one of those persons that Kim influenced with her story and posts. Kim is one of the reasons whyquit.com grabbed me. Her photos had an impact in my life, and she will always live in my memory.
Your family and you will be in my prayers. God bless.
Cuca
Free and Healing for Nine Months

Message 54 of 117 in Discussion

Hi Kelly,
I too have to add my condolences at this very sad time, and include my name to the long long list of people that were influenced by Kim's story, and her willingness and ability to share it with so many. Kim's pain is over now, and I hope that knowing how many people she, and you, have helped and encouraged will ease some of the pain for your family. I will always be thankful for the inspiration, and hold you and your family in my thoughts.

Thank you.
Sharon - 59 days

Message 55 of 117 in Discussion

Hello Kelly,

It is with great sorrow that I respond to this posting. I am very sorry to hear such awful news. My condolences and prayers will be with you and your family. Although I never had the honor of meeting Kim here, I can see by all the responses here of what a wonderful person that she is. She has obviously inspired many people. I have to believe that she is sitting up in Heaven right now looking down and smiling. She has been set free of all the pain and is now at peace. She will always be with you and everyone that loved her in your hearts. Her memory is something that can never be forgotten or pass on!!!!

I thank you for sharing this story with us here on the boards. I am sure that Kim would have wanted that. She will be here in spirit inspiring us to stay smoke free for the spirit is immortal.

Jason

Jason - Free and Healing for Three Months, Eight Days, 22 Hours and 57 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 6 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1999 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $451.66.

Message 56 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

Your beloved sister Kim was a shining gem.
She will not be forgotten by those of us whose lives she touched.
You've touched lives too.

Sal
Message 57 of 117 in Discussion

Hi kelly
Thankyou for posting with this sad news as it must have been difficult to do,your sister kim has helped many people with her story and memories of her take me back to the first day of my quit when i discovered why quit and read her story,this is a sad day and i only hope that mine and everyone elses condolences can bring some comfort.
Rickdabler 1 year 3 months 2 weeks+nicotine free.
Message 58 of 117 in Discussion
Our deepest sympathies, Kelly. Kim was a special person who touched my life and those of so many others.

Therese and Bob

Message 59 of 117 in Discussion
Kelly,
I posted to you earlier , but my sister, Bonnie and the rest of my family asked me to send my deepest sympathy to you as well. They are not members of Freedom, but they quit smoking many years ago. You and Kim have touched so many lives. You may never know how many, but know that there are more prayers being sent to you and your family than you ever thought possible.
God be with you and yours on this very sad day.

sue

Message 60 of 117 in Discussion
From: Shinelady_Gold3282003 Sent: 6/24/2004 8:19 PM correction... their sympathy not my sympathy

Message 61 of 117 in Discussion
My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Just wanted to let you know I one more of the folks Kim inspired.
Jen
Free for 10+ months

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:42 pm #6

Message 62 of 117 in Discussion

My prayers are with you & your family. Your sisters story has really touched my life and helps me to stay smoke free.

Gina
Free & Healing 1 week 3 days 13 hours

Message 63 of 117 in Discussion

Kim's Journey
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Kim.html
Message 64 of 117 in Discussion
Hello Kelly I never posted to you. But I have read your sisters story and it had helped me alot. Im very sorry for ur loss and I know no words can dull that pain. Only time. You are in my prayers and godbless you and ur family and stay strong hun as u can see you have many many friends here to help you threw this.Take care.
Eric quit 5-17-04

Message 65 of 117 in Discussion
My dear Kelly, my heart goes out to you and your family. I wish I could say something that could help take away some of your sorrow.

In time, you will remember the good times. I'm sure Kim was your angel and she will always be with you. She has been such a blessing to so many of us.

Message 66 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. She, and you, are part of the strength I've had to rely on to keep on my quit. Bless you both.

I've been quit for 6 months, 26 days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 30 seconds (210 days).
I've not smoked 6296 death sticks, and saved $984.40.
I've saved 21 day(s), 21 hour(s) of my life.
D. Flower
Message 67 of 117 in Discussion
Dear Kelly,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to take your pain away.

Kim's story was one of the first articles I read at WhyQuit.com that really got my attention and confirmed in my mind that I needed to quit. Kim has been an inspiration to so many and will forever be in our thoughts and our hearts.

My heart goes out to you and your family. You, Kim and your family will be in my prayers.

Take care.

Sandy - Free and Healing for Three Months, Twenty Six Days, 21 Hours and 16 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 21 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1415 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $568.61.

Message 68 of 117 in Discussion
Kelly,

I, too, was touched by Kim's compassion, sense of humor, and strength and I will miss her. Early in my quit, Kim made me feel special. We exchanged "special signature" information via email, but after she got started she left me behind. I always looked forward to her inspirational messages, especially at my milestone celebrations. While I don't spend a lot of time at Freedom these days, I have been looking for a post from Kim for the last month and wondering if she was okay. I'm sorry, I'll stop rambling...

My daughter just touched me on the shoulder and said, "Mom, I'm sorry your friend died, but I hope you don't start smoking again."

I extend my condolences to you and your family in Kim's passing. But, I celebrate her life and am so happy that Kim passed my way.

YQS,

I have been on this Journey for: One year, five mos, three wks, one day, 23 hrs, 36 mins and 26 secs. 16199 cigs not smoked, saving $3,401.63. Life saved: 8 wks, 5 hrs, 55 mins.

Message 69 of 117 in Discussion
Your kindness has once again brought tears to my eyes. If I could only find the words to express how much your thoughtfulness means to me. Thank you seems so inadequate.

Kelly

Message 70 of 117 in Discussion
My husband and I are deeply saddened by your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jennifer & Sean

Message 71 of 117 in Discussion

I am deeply saddened. Please accept my heartfelt condolences on your loss of Kim. I am also one of the quitters here that Kim inspired.

Fong

Free for 3M 1W 6D 5h 18m 14s (105 days) Cigarettes not smoked : 3,156 Money Saved : $631.32. Life saved : 1W 3D 23h

Message 72 of 117 in Discussion
Trying to write the words to convey how I feel today is very difficult. Let me first state that my prayers and thoughts are with you as you face perhaps the most difficult chapter of Kim's journey. Nothing will take away the pain, but perhaps we fellow freedom members can provide some comfort.

You see, Kelly, today I am quit for one month. I do not lie when I tell you that reading Kim's story, along with watching my father suffer from the same illness, were the 2 biggest motivating factors in my quit. In fact, when I really felt myself start to waiver, I read her story again.

She is now in a place that is free from pain. But every day her legacy and her goodness live on as more people read her story and make the most important, life-saving decision - to never take another puff!

God bless you and your family and know that I will always thank Kim, for her pain may very well have saved my life.

Mo
LittleMo - Free and Healing for Thirty Days, 22 Hours and 8 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 3 Hours, by avoiding the use of 618 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $139.33.

Message 73 of 117 in Discussion
From: ZZRSteve_GOLD Sent: 6/25/2004 10:02 AM I'm so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Steve

Message 74 of 117 in Discussion
From: Lyverbyrd Sent: 6/25/2004 11:24 AM No words other than the utmost sympathy.

Paula: 11 months and 25 days.

Message 75 of 117 in Discussion

Simple words cannot express the sadness I know you and your family are feeling as well as the sadness I am feeling at this moment. A few moments ago as I opened Freedom after a couple days and scanned the board I noticed your post. Something inside of me knew it was sad news. My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time.

Kim's message at Freedom and Whyquit will go on as she hoped for Kelly. She has touched so many and will continue to help others through all the unselfishness she continually displayed on these boards. I remember your entrance to Freedom telling about your big sisters problems. I remember Kim's entrance also. It wasn't about her. It was continually about others and how she could get the message across. I was barely Bronze and inspired by her many times. So many of us grew up in the Streets of Freedom that year. We all were close and it was very special. I will miss Kim dearly but remember her fondly even though we were Freedom Friends. What we all shared here is special and Kim will always be a part of that. I believe Kim is within each of our hearts and will continue to live and grow in anyone who reads her story.

Thank You for sharing your sister with us Kelly. It was special.

Roger

Message 76 of 117 in Discussion
From: smokefreeJD-Gold- Sent: 6/25/2004 8:50 PM I'm sitting here shocked, saddened. Kim was such a positive spirit and so incredibly supportive of everyone. I hung on to her every word. Her caring, nurturing attitude proves to me that she spent her days as an angel in training, she's watching over every one of us now. She touched so many lives, I will miss her.

Jill
20+ months

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:46 pm #7

Message 77 of 117 in Discussion

I'm so sorry.
Erica
*in tears*

Message 78 of 117 in Discussion

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss. Please extend my condolences to your family. Kim is the second friend I lost to smoking this week. I can't believe it. How we ever viewed smoking in a positive light is beyond me.

Kim was a fighter, and I sure wish she won the battle. What a class act she was, showing such spirit and will in the face of adversity. God bless Kim, and you, too, Kelly.

yqs, Janet
Message 79 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

You and your family will be in my prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.

Erin - Free and Healing for Six Months, Eleven Days, 15 Hours and 29 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 13 Days and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 3893 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $653.38.
Message 80 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly.
I am so sorry for your and our loss. Kim was a terrific person. There was so much inspiration and caring in her posts. She is fondly remembered. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Nora
Three years, ten months, three weeks, 4 hours
Message 81 of 117 in Discussion
Kel ly i am so sorry to hear about kim. i have read kim story a lot doing my quit. you have no idea how she help me by reading her stories when i first quit. god bless you and your family. 1year 2w 5d 22h 23m 21s.
Message 82 of 117 in Discussion
Dear kelly & Family,

I am so sorry to hear about Kim, she was a very generous lady to share her story while being so ill. I just wanted to let you know how much you both inspired me in quitting smoking. Take care of yourself.

Hugs from Jazz
Message 83 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I am so sorry about your sister's passing away. I read both your posts when I first found whyquit a year ago. She helped so many people by sharing her illness and recovery here with her humor and courage. Please accept my deepest condolences for you and your family.

I originally signed on to post my 1 year anniversary, but now I am here crying, thinking about what you must be going through. I will still post another msg. because it is important to show that quitting is possible.

God bless,
Rachel
Message 84 of 117 in Discussion

I'm so deeply sorry, Kelly.

Words are inadequate, but I'll try anyway - Kim's generosity, spirit and sense of purpose in sharing her experiences was, and continues to be, immeasurably valuable to those she reached. We are forever grateful to you both.

You too are a very special and courageous lady.

Please accept my heartfelt sympathies, and take comfort in knowing that Kim will live on in the lives of those she helped to save.

Peace and love
Debz in NZ
Message 85 of 117 in Discussion

I am so sorry for your loss.. My prayers are with you and your family.
michele
Message 86 of 117 in Discussion

Kim's Journey
http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Kim.html
Message 87 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. Kim's story was one of the first things I read when I found the WhyQuit websit. It touched me deeply and made a big impact on my decision to quit NOW!! Her generosity of sharing her story has helped so many people.
There are no words that will ease you or your family's pain or loss. But I am thinking of you and sending my wishes for comfort.

God Bless.

Allison - Free and Healing for Eleven Days, 11 Hours and 55 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 23 Hours, by avoiding the use of 287 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $46.44.
Message 88 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I am so very sorry to hear of Kim's passing. She made such a difference with her story. I know she was a big reason that I stayed quit even through the toughest of times. I never met her in person but she has a place in my heart all her own and I will always be greatful for her life.

David
Message 89 of 117 in Discussion

I am also very sad to hear the news of Kim's passing and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. She was truly an amazing lady and will be sorely missed. She was and remains a powerful inspiration. In loving prayer, Beverly.
Message 90 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I don't post often, but I lurk from time to time. I remember yours and your sister's struggles to quit, and her courageous posts during her first cancer surgery.

I had to post to let you know that you (and Kim) are an inspiration to everyone trying to quit. It can be done, and your sister spent the last few years of her life smoke-free, which was more than some people can attest to.

Her courage was astounding. Your courage in the face of this trauma is also amazing.

Thank you for thinking of your Freedom family at this time.

I wish you and your family condolences, and peace in your time of mourning.

Yqs, Diana
Nearly 3 years quit - July 25, 2001
Message 91 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

My sincerest condolences on your loss.

Lee - Quit Three Months, Fifteen Days, 9 Hours and 55 Minutes ago. Haven't smoked 4257 sickerettes that would have cost me $748.16.

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 10th, 2009, 7:52 pm #8

Message 92 of 117 in Discussion

OH I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I DIDN'T GET TO THE WEB YESTERDAY. TODAY I DID AND THE FIRST THING I SAW WAS THAT KIM HAD PASSED AWAY. IT WAS LIKE SOMEONE JABBED A KNIFE IN MY STOMACH...I AM SO DEEPLY SORRY. MY SISTER AND I ARE 4 YEARS APART, WE QUIT SMOKING THREE DAYS FROM EACH OTHER. SHE FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND QUIT. SHE EMAILED IT TO ME AND I QUIT THREE DAYS LATER. YOUR SISTER, AND I GUESS BECAUSE MY SISTER AND I ARE SO CLOSE, YA'LLS STORY HIT ME REALLY HARD. I SHOWED ALL WHO WOULD LISTEN YOUR STORY AND PICTURES OF YOUR SISTER. TO ME SHE WON THE BATTLE, IF NOTHING ELSE, YOU AND YOUR SISTER TAUGHT ME TO QUIT SMOKING. TO ME THAT IS A PRETTY BIG BATTLE. MY PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I AM SOOO SORRY!
KARA519
FREE FROM NICOTINE 27 DAYS AND 10 HOURS

Message 93 of 117 in Discussion

My condolences to you on the loss of your very much loved sister. Her selfless courage has long been an inspiration to me. My thoughts will be with you often.

yqs Ingrid
Message 94 of 117 in Discussion

Hi Kelly--- just logged on for a hello, and had just looked at the new photos of you and Kim. was still smiling at the shot of that dear, funny, wonderful woman when i saw your post. know that she lives on in the hearts of the many addicts she inspired with her courage and her wide open soul. i'm so sorry, and you're in my heart and my prayers.
love and life to you--
Mary
9mos with Kim's help!
Message 95 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your sister Kim. Please know that she has been a wonderful inspiration to many of us here, and she made such a difference by sharing her story. We all share in your grief. May God give you and your family strength.

Laura in KY
Message 96 of 117 in Discussion

Such sad news. I just want to add my name to this memorial to Kim. Nearly 100 posts in the thread is testament enough to a wonderful and inspiring person.

Marty
Message 97 of 117 in Discussion

For Kim

GOD'S GARDEN
Author Unknown
God looked around His garden
And found an empty place.
He then looked upon the earth
And saw your tired face. He put His arm around you
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering.
He knew you were in pain.
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.

He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb.
So He closed your eyelids,
And whispered, "Peace be thine."

It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone.
For part of us went with you
The day God called you Home

You and your family are in my prayers Kelly. Kim will be missed.

YQS,

LJ

Message 98 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

With my deepest sympathy, her wit, charm and humor will be sorely missed. She was an awesome teacher.

Love,
Lance
---
1y 4m 1w 5d 19:54 smoke-free, 14,962 cigs not smoked, $3,179.43 saved, 1m 3w 22:50 life saved

Message 99 of 117 in Discussion

DEAR KELLY, WITH DEEPEST SYMPATHY,MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. JOHNNY-61 DAYS OF FREEDOM
Message 100 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly-

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I too, am one of the many, many people that Kim's story inspired to quit, and stay quit, and I will be forever grateful. She was a very special person to reach out to help others at a time when she was hurting so much herself.
God Bless
YQF
Catti
Message 101 of 117 in Discussion

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't seem to find the right words so please forgive my clumsiness. I've read Kim's story many times and feel that without her I may not have come so far. Kim was an amazing woman, her bravery and courage have touched me deeply. I feel so blessed that my life could be touched by the generosity of such a special lady and her family. God bless you all. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Dizzyness
Message 102 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

My condolences. Kim was an inspirational woman with a sense of humor to boot. Know that you are in many of our thoughts.

Jane
Over 7 months of healing.
Message 103 of 117 in Discussion

I am so sorry for your loss Kelly. Your sister Kim's story touched me very deeply, and her strength inspired me. Oddly enough, our family too has just experienced a loss, June 23 as my husband lost his grandmother who suffered many health problems after smoking her entire adult life. This is all so sad indeed. I send warm, positive vibes your way, and pray to our higher power to comfort you and your family.

Valerie Sorensen
I have chosen Freedom from nicotine for
1 Year and 6 Months
Message 104 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly, i am so sorry for your loss. you and your family are in all of our hearts and prayers, and Kim lives on in the many many lives she touched and helped to save. Love and aloha,
amber 2+ months healing
Message 105 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,
I haven't been here for a long time.I lurk every few months and seen this post this morning.I am so very sorry to hear about Kim.She truly was an inspiration to me.I will remember her forever.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamie
2+ years smoke free
Message 106 of 117 in Discussion

My deepest condolences... I am a lurker but have not been on for a few weeks............ Sometimes I am tempted and I return to read some of the stories.....Your sisters story was one of the reasons I quit. I was stunned to see the news of her passing. NTAP

Mark in TN

Message 107 of 117 in Discussion

Kelly,

Sincerest condolences for your loss. 46 is way too young. I just turned 40 recently and when I hear of this kind of thing, it only re-establishes my determination for never smoking again. You mention the pain that is left behind for the family and loved ones to deal with, yet another reason to stop and never start again...I look at my children and think, wow, 46, she'd only be 14 and he 11...I can't rob them of having their dad around when they are that young. Kim's passing is tragic...for those of us still fighting the fight, it's another wake up call to NTAP.

I'm in Ontario as well, feel free to email me if you'd ever like to chat.

d

Smoke free for 2 weeks (ok, it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow)
Message 108 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

I was so saddened to hear of your loss. My heartfelt sympathy to you and your family. Over 1year ago and 7 months, I found Kim's story. There was something very different, something more compelling,something magical about Kim's message. Why did her story gave me success this time when I had failed all other attempts before? She was my catalyst then and will be forever more.
Birky

Message 109 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly

How sad I am to hear of Kim's passing - she was a really special lady and was also my inspiration to quit. I still have her photo right here on my desk.

She is happy and at peace with the Angels now but my heart goes out to you and your family.

Take care my friend.
Message 110 of 117 in Discussion

Hi Kelly,
I hadn't been here in a while, so I was deeply saddened to hear about Kim. She was very supportive with me in so many ways, I felt like I knew her. She was a rock to me. I'll be thinking of you and her. Thank you Kim.
T-JOHN
I have chosen not to smoke for 2 Years 3 Days 16 Hours 9 Minutes 52 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 29386. Money saved: $5,142.71.

Message 111 of 117 in Discussion

WOW!

110 posts for Kim really says everything. You have no idea how much your throughts and prayers mean to me. It really gives me a warm feeling inside to know that she has helped so many people. It is overwhelming and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Kelly

and as Kim would have said: "Way too educated to ever take another puff."
Message 112 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

Like many others here- your sister Kim was my inspiration to stay my quit. In my weakest moments I would picture Kim's photo of her back after she had a lung remove. I would have been honored to know her as a personal friend but I only knew her story and I am very grateful that she shared it with all of us here. I would checked every so often to see if she was here on the board to see how she was doing. Thank you for letting us know about her death. You did have an amazing sister- she truely touched the lives of so many of us her. I know I will never forget the women who I never that saved my life by sharing her own personal pain. When ever anyone ask me how I finally quit smoking after way too many trys, I always tell them about this board and about Kim's story.

All the best to you and Kim's family-

Free and Healing for Nine Months, Twenty Five Days and 33 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 25 Days and 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 7476 - all because of one amazing woman who boldly shared her story.
Message 113 of 117 in Discussion

Dear Kelly I am new here, but I must tell you that your sister Kim was the REASON THAT I QUIT. I read her story and I have "Kim's missing Lung" photograph enlarged, in color posted in my office to remind me every minute and every day of what could and may still become of my own lungs. There are no sufficient words for me to express my sincere gratitude to Kim, and my deepest condolences to you and the family. Her own life may have been cut short by smoking, but she continues to live in each and every life she prolonged by telling her story.

Aida

Free and healing 4 weeks, 13 hours. I saved three days of my life by chosing not to smoke 999 cigaretts and I saved $279.91.

Message 114 of 117 in Discussion

It has been a while since I have checked the boards, and when I do the first thing I look for is any post from Kim or you. Needless to say how shocked and saddened I am to hear of her passing. She was and is a great insperation to many people on this board, including myself.
To Kim's family my thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of healing, and to Kim may you rest in peace...your battle is now over.

Message 115 of 117 in Discussion

I read your sister's story on Joel's site, and the more I scrolled down the more hopeful I became that she had made it. I noticed the date that she passed away - June 23rd. I think of myself on that day, having a wonderful time on my European holiday, chain smoking in a restaurant in Geneva, and am disgusted with myself for it. I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your sister, but I am glad that her journey is posted on this site for ex-smoking fools like myself to learn from. My condolences to you...
Message 116 of 117 in Discussion

Omigod ..... I'm sorry, but I can't believe it. I haven't been on the boards much since my car accident and logged on today to find that our dear, sweet Kito had passed away in June? Kim's story was the first I read when I came to Freedom. I will NEVER forget her ..... EVER. Sorry Kelly, I am completely lost for words .... My heart and loving thoughts are with you ... always.

Georgia
Message 117 of 117 in Discussion

Kim has been and will continue to be an inspiration to me. If I would have quit just a little sooner I could have conversed with her...

Along with many others, we both have -

Glen

ben
ben

January 8th, 2010, 11:06 pm #9

Wow! I've just read Kim's posts and those from Kelly, her sister, and am incredibly touched.

It really brought it home to me how real all of this is. In one of her earlier posts Kim mentioned about these kind of things only happening to other people. I think we all think that to a greater or lesser degree, but having read this thread it rams it home that it CAN happen to us and that we SHOULD take the warnings and advice seriously.

These messages have made my resolve to stay nicotine free even stronger and for that I thank both Kim and Kelly. Bless you both!

interwebme
interwebme

June 1st, 2010, 1:45 pm #10

Thank you for sharing your story and helping to strengthen my resolve.