4-22-02 Kelly: "Prayers Requested"

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 8th, 2009, 3:26 pm #1

From: headbo (gold) (Original Message) Sent: 4/22/2002 9:53 PM
Hi all --

I'm crying my eyes out as I post this message. Just got a phone call that my sister's surgery has been moved up. It will take place tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. EST rather than 10:00 a.m. That means she has to be at hospital at 5:00 a.m. I thought I was so prepared for this. I've known since March 7th that this was going to happen, but reality just knocked really hard once again.

I'm not really sure why I am crying. I do believe the surgery will be successful and things will turn out good, but it is just upsetting. I can't even imagine how she is feeling.

I just ask for your prayers that she will have a speedy recovery and that life will return to normal very soon. Life was so normal not that long ago and it is amazing how quickly things can change.

To all you fellow quitters, be proud of your quit and keep it. You've done the right thing and I'll pray for each of you that you never have to go through this.

Kelly

I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Month 2 Weeks 1 Day 52 Minutes 23 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 920. Money saved: C$253.20.
Last edited by FreedomNicotine on February 8th, 2009, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 8th, 2009, 3:34 pm #2

Message 2 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly,

Prayer en route... there is no question that prayer or discussion with a power... god, or whatever one chooses to call upon... is a sure fire fix for fear. I pray not only for your sister's success but for your peace, love and calm mind in the midst of a troublesome situation. Speed response for an immediate request.

YQS,

TooKan

Message 3 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

Our prayers are with you, your families and especially, to Kim, for a successful surgery, and a complete and speedy recovery. Please keep us apprised on how she is doing.

all will be well,

Linda
Message 4 of 41 in Discussion

Hi all,

Well Kelly, you beat me to it. I was just coming on to tell everybody that I will not be here for at least a week or 2. Thank-you everybody for you support, I just love this community. Also thank-you Mirigirl for your personal e-mail. Tomorrow is definately a go, the Doctor just called to see if I had any questions and the phone has been ringing off the wall all evening. I'll get Kelly to keep you all posted on my recovery.

Bye for now,

[Kim's Signature gif]

another nicotine addict for 32 years who has chosen not to smoke for 1M 2W

Message 5 of 41 in Discussion

Hello Kim and Kelly,

Kim, our prayers are with you. We hope all goes well with your surgery. Just know that as we have talked about before, your ability to tolerate surgery and heal better are greatly improved by the fact that you have quit smoking. Also, there is nothing else you could change in your life now to better reduce your risk of ever needing this kind of surgery again than to stay off of cigarettes.

Kelly, these are traumatic times for you and the rest of your family too. But keep focused on the fact that smoking will not do anything to make this situation any better for you, your sister, or anyone else close to you. The only thing smoking can do is put you at greater risk of one day facing the same kind of problems yourself. You never want to put yourself at such a risk or put your family at risk of having to face the same kind of stress as you are facing now.

We can't alter our past actions or lifestyle but we are fully capable of altering our future behaviors now. To alter your behavior to one that reduces your risks of ever facing smoking induced diseases always stay focused on the importance of knowing to never take another puff.

Joel

Message 6 of 41 in Discussion

Kim and Kelly,

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and your families during this trying time. A speedy recovery to you Kim and I know the whole Freedom Family anticipates your return to the boards.

Roger

Message 7 of 41 in Discussion

Just want to say that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May the love and support of friends and family help each of you in the days ahead. Speedy recovery, Kim. God bless and keep you safe...

Laura
Message 8 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly and Kim - my thoughts and prayers are with you today and as long as needed. I wish you a speedy recovery Kim and look forward to seeing you back on the boards again!

Ingrid
Message 9 of 41 in Discussion

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Rachel
One month, one week, 22 hours, 30 minutes and 54 seconds. 389 cigarettes not smoked, saving $25.28. Life saved: 1 day, 8 hours, 25 minutes.

Message 10 of 41 in Discussion

Oh Kim - so glad to know it looks like all your plans will work out this week. and Kelly will be walking beside you. Travel on sisters!

And know that our prayers travel with you

God Bless and its good to know Kelly can keep us informed 'cause we're lookin to have one big bronze celebration soon!

So take care girls and hear from you when you can:-))

much love, your quit sis mirigirl

another nicotine addict

free and helaing

Message 11 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim and Kelli.
Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families, Kim there is nothing I can say that has not already been said to you , all I can do is wish you a speedy recovery, and remember that every single one of us here will be thinking of you and waiting for your return to us. God bless.
Love and Great Big Hugs
Naymor xxxx
Message 12 of 41 in Discussion

Kim, you have my prayers for a successful outcome and a rapid recovery. Kelly, I am sure that God will be alongside you over these next few hours.

BillW
Message 13 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim and Kelly,
My thoughts and prayers are with you today. I wish you the best for a speedy recovery. G-d bless.
Chichi
Message 14 of 41 in Discussion

Kim & Kelly-

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. May you be surrounded by love, peace and healing!

Stay strong & smoke free!

I've been a grateful recovering smoker for One month, one week, four days, 13 hours, 51 minutes and 54 seconds. 851 Little cigars not smoked, saving $212.68. Life saved: 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes. BrokenKnees

Message 15 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim & Kelly,

Sending prayers and thoughts of perfect healing for you and your families. Know that you are surrounded by a loving and caring community of souls, from your closest family to the outer edges of people who know you.

Melissa

11 Months 8 Hours 28 Minutes 45 Seconds Free
6707 Less
$972.52 More
1 Mo 2 Wks 1 Day 13 Hrs 50 Mins 39 Secs Added

Message 16 of 41 in Discussion

Hi Kim and Kelly,
As everyone here knows, good thoughts have real power. So expect the best outcome and look forward to a future of freedom.

I'm beaming good thoughts your way.
Hang tough,

knowbutts
25 weeks
Last edited by FreedomNicotine on February 8th, 2009, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 8th, 2009, 3:55 pm #3

Message 17 of 41 in Discussion

Kim and Kelly, My thoughts and prayers will be with you this morning and the following days.

Kim, looking forward to your speedy return to the boards.

Kelly, keep us posted and hang in there.

yqs, Janet

Message 18 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

My prayers, hopes and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for Kim and the peace and strength you need to support her. Looking forward to hearing from both of you.

yqf Lorraine

Message 19 of 41 in Discussion

Hi Kelly and Kim, our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Here is Kim's first post with us explaining what type of surgery she will be having today. In case any one is facing the temporary challenges associated with a new quit, consider the challenges associated with a smoking related illness.....

Be well, Kim! Your Freedom family is rooting for you.

Turned Green Today, this is my first post (click for entire thread)

From: kito40 - Green (Original Message) Sent: 4/7/2002 10:03 PM

Hi all, I have been lurking in here for a month now and since I turned green today I thought its about time I made a posting. I was told I had lung cancer on March 7, 2002 and quit cold turkey on that day. I am a 44 year old female. My sister Headbo who is also a member here and has posted before, quit cold turkey with me on that day. What a shocker to find this out. I still don't know if it has really sunk in yet. I am having my left lung removed on April 17. I don't blame this cancer entirely on smoking. I was raised in a city with alot of industrial plants around with all kinds of smoke stacks and with no pollution controls back then. I was not a heavy smoker, but I did smoke for 30 years. Quitting was not hard after hearing that news. My house is now smoke free. My husband washed all the walls and ceilings in preparation for the clean air environment I'm going to need when I come home from the hospital. I'm really going to have to watch what I breath having one lung. Well thanks for listening all and wish me luck for this surgery.

Kim
Message 20 of 41 in Discussion

Hi Kelly - please send my warmest wishes to Kim. Tell her that we are all thinking of her and how much we are looking forward to the time when she is able to come back here. My thoughts are with you too Kelly, what a loving, caring sister you are. Kim is lucky to have you. My heart goes out to you both. Hugs to you, from Glenys

Message 21 of 41 in Discussion

Oh Kelly, I know how torn apart you must feel with your sister going through lung surgery. My very best friend went through the same type of surgery and I felt so helpless and broken hearted for her. It was one of the most difficult times of my life.

So, I do understand what you are going through.

My prayers are with you both at this time and will continue as Kim heals and adjusts to her so changed life.

May the angel of healing watch over you both.

Sincerely,
Barb

Three months, 4 hours, 55 minutes and 0 seconds.
Message 22 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim and Kelly.
May you both find the strength you need to get through this trying time. My prayers are with you both.

yqs, Lori
Message 23 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim & Kelly... I'm not good with words at times like these... but my thoughts are with you.... you are both an inspiration to members here, with your strength.

Message 24 of 41 in Discussion
My thoughts and prayers are with you Kim and Kelly. You will get through this together.

Matt

Message 25 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kim and Kelly,
My prayers are with both of you.
Sincerely Carol
Message 26 of 41 in Discussion

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Your prayers worked. Kim's left lung was removed and all went well. She was in surgery from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and it was a very stressful day to say the least. The doctor came and talked to us about 3:30 p.m. and I am so very pleased and relieved to let you know that the cancer had not spread anywhere else and the doctor is pretty sure she is now cancer free. They took out a couple of lymph nodes to test under a microscope and they came back negative. He said he would have to wait for the lab results, but he said that he was pretty sure he got it all and that no more treatment would be needed. Just follow up care.

She is on a ventilator in intensive care, but she is breathing on her own and they will probably take it off tomorrow. They're going to keep her all doped up for a couple of days for the pain. She still has a rough recovery ahead of her though, but the worst is over. It's kinda like the first week of quitting smoking. The first few days will be the hardest, but it will just keep getting easier. I am so very happy this nightmare has ended and everyone can get a good night's sleep again.

Once again, thank you so very much for your prayers and support. I really don't think you have any idea how much you have helped.

Looking forward to moving on in my new smoke free life and so very proud to know that I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF

Kelly
Message 27 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly..... I'm wantonly stealing Kim's favourite GIF......

That news is simply:

best wishes to all... Richard.
Message 28 of 41 in Discussion

The fact that there was no nodal involvement is great. Please send Kim our best. One other thing, when it comes closer to time to her being released let us know so that I can get you some materials for her to read just before getting out. You would be amazed how many people will find a very powerful trigger is being released from a hospital--even from a smoking related disease. It is crucial now that Kim fully realizes that she really "wants to" stay off of cigarettes even more than knowing that she really "had to" quit. I always get nervous when people are backed into quitting. It can be done but the person needs to take extra care to refocus their thoughts and keep their ammunition very strong to the fact that they really want to never take another puff.

Again, send Kim our best.

Joel
Message 29 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly, great news sweetie. Kim is being well taken care of, but what about Kelly? You get some rest, relax and take some time to recharge your batteries. I just can't even imagine the strain you have been under, so remember to look after yourself. We're all sending our biggest hugs to you both. Cheers from Glenys
Message 30 of 41 in Discussion
Kelly, please send this hug with you when you are able to see Kim. Also, I send this same hug to you for your love, courage, and strength. Kim has had a tough time, but she is blessed with an awesome sister. I continue to pray for you and your family.
Love, *Candy*
5 Months 2 Weeks 20 Hours 23 Minutes 10 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 1990. Money saved: $447.79.

Message 31 of 41 in Discussion
Keeping you both in my prayers
Ingrid

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

February 8th, 2009, 3:58 pm #4

Message 32 of 41 in Discussion

Hello Kelly,

So glad to hear Kim has come through surgery well and all tests have come back on the sunny side! Take good care of yourself too! Thanks for coming and sharing the news with us all.

Melissa

11 Months 21 Hours 32 Minutes 6 Seconds Free
6717 Less
$974.10 More
1 Mo 2 Wks 1 Day 15 Hrs 39 Mins 27 Secs Added

Message 33 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly, what wonderful news! Please pass on our love to Kim! Anna

Message 34 of 41 in Discussion

Please give Kim another hug. You can never underestimate the power of a healing touch. I'm so glad to hear all is going well, I've been thinking about you and yours all day. When you have time, please keep us posted. Take care Katie
Message 35 of 41 in Discussion

Bless you Kelly! You're a strong woman! Tonight I made a presentation at a local high school - an empowerment seminar of sorts that attempts to condense much of what Freedom is about into two action packed hours. I got to the part about lung cancer and stopped and told them about Kim's surgery. I could see in their faces that it sobered them a bit and it strengthened me too!

I'm not out of the woods yet and I know it. It was Kim but it could have been any of us! Your news is great! The prayers continue! Sleep comfortably Kim!

John
Message 36 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly,

Please tell Kim and your family the thoughts and prayers will continue. wish her a speedy recovery.

Roger
Message 37 of 41 in Discussion

This is such great news! You both remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

Message 38 of 41 in Discussion

Dear Kelly,

Kim has been on my mind all day today. I'm so happy that her surgery went well and the prognosis is good. To both you and Kim, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Linda
Recommend Delete Message 39 of 41 in Discussion

PROUD SISTERS

free and healing
NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Message 40 of 41 in Discussion

Kelly I cant tell you how happy I am for Kim you and your family I wept tears of joy when I read your post just now, I have been so worried and have kept looking out for a post from you , and to receive this news is just wonderful, Love to you all and I will still be praying for Kims speedy recovery and for strength for you and your family, God bless
Love and hugs
Naymor xxxx
Message 41 of 41 in Discussion

Hey, Kelly, just another voice to add to the many. Tell Kim there are a lot of folk out here waiting for her next post

And I'll echo what some others have already said. Don't forget yourself, don't forget to keep your own strength and determination. You take care of Kelly now, and that will help you take care of Kim later on.

(a rose for each of you) Marty
NOT A PUFF for one year, four months, three weeks, four days : 9183 cigarettes not smoked saving £1,974.45 : 4 weeks, 3 days added to my life