1st post

long27
long27

10:04 PM - Mar 31, 2009 #1

It has been about 5 days since my last cigarette. I have been smoking for about 5 years, and this is the longest I have ever made it without smoking. I have tried to quit countless times; cold turkey, gum, patches and nothing ever seemed to work. But then I found whyquit.com , the day I decided to quit I found this site and spent several hours reading many of the writings and it has helped an unimaginable amount. I am very happy I found this website.

karebear509
karebear509

10:36 PM - Mar 31, 2009 #2

Hello and Welcome, You have come to the right place. Read all you can on this site,the education you get here will help you so much.(Not to mention the wonderful group of people who will encourage you every step of the way) You can do this just take it one day at a time and NTAP. Good luck to you!
Last edited by karebear509 on 10:43 PM - Mar 31, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Ouija
Ouija

11:02 PM - Mar 31, 2009 #3

Hi, Welcome to Freedom

I joined in 2003.

Before finding this site I had no faith in my ability to quit what-so-ever! Joel's & John's articles and Freedom's long term exsmokers helped me understand what I need to do to break free of this addiction once and for all. Joel's Library educated me on why I smoked, how to quit, how to stay quit for good, and the truth of what smoking was doing to my body.

That was over five years ago and I haven't looked back since.

Today I'm a comfortable exsmoker who hardly ever thinks about smoking anymore. If you have any questions about quitting don't be afraid to ask. That's why we're here.

--Tony

ThePanster
ThePanster

11:06 PM - Mar 31, 2009 #4

Hi there, Cold Turkey Quitter!

Just wanted to welcome you to the site and tell you that your quit will get better every day--you can bank on it. I learned that first through reading here and watching Joel's videos--and from those who have quit before me. I did that, and I'm two months into a quit that is growing more and more comfortable every day. It wasn't even that long for me before I stopped thinking about it every second. Enjoy your body's healing, new friend. You're doing a really smart thing--be proud and Never Take Another Puff.

YQS,
Amanda

I have been free for 2 Months, 3 Days, 21 hours and 34 minutes (62 days). I have saved $167.45 by not smoking 943 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 4 hours and 53 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/27/2009 9:30 PM

BJC
BJC

3:43 AM - Apr 01, 2009 #5

Congratulations!. You've made it through the toughest part. I have been quit for almost a month, now, and I still have to pinch myself every now and then.

CWZ
CWZ

6:52 PM - Apr 01, 2009 #6

Cold Turkey Quitting is the Smart way to quit! Along with the great education you are getting here and at Whyquit you realize that staying free now is as simple as making sure you Never Take Another Puff, Dip, or Chew! Keep on Keeping On board the great ride of a lifetime aboard the Freedom Train. Only One Rule, "None Today!"
CW "Gold

long27
long27

1:13 AM - Apr 09, 2009 #7

well, i have made it almost 2 weeks now and still going strong. longest i have ever gone without a cigarette since i started smoking and i am feeling great.

long27
long27

10:32 PM - Jul 18, 2009 #8

almost 4 months, and going strong. before today i haven't logged on in about 2 or 3 months, but you this board, and whyquit never left my mind. every time i wanted to smoke, or thought about giving up i thought about the countless articles i read and about how many people on this board have been successful. i just wanted to stop by and thank each and every one of you.

DANZA
DANZA

8:04 AM - Jul 19, 2009 #9

Hi Long27,
Congratulations on 4 months nicotine free thats fantastic....you should well be feeling the benefits! , Keep up the great work of Never Taking Another Puff .

I have been quit for 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 23 hours, 8 minutes and 31 seconds (78 days). I have saved $1,081.01 by not smoking 2,368 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 1 Day, 5 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/05/2009 5:00 PM
Last edited by DANZA on 8:09 AM - Jul 19, 2009, edited 1 time in total.