Information: This forum has been set to read only for archive purposes. The link to active FE forum is https://www.fordfe.com/index.php

428CJ Low riser 2x4

428CJ Low riser 2x4

April 23rd, 2004, 1:17 am #1

I installed a low riser 2x4 setup on my 428cj motor about 2 months ago. (In A 67 Mustang) Looks great. It needs to be dialed in though.Just had a chance to take it for a good ride. Acceleration is good but sometimes it breaks up at mid to high rpm. The carbs are brand new Holley repops of the orig 63 427 ones. Has anyone used this setup on a 428? What springs did you use for the secondarys? I changed the stock ones to the lightest ones I have (small yellow) just to go to extremes to see what happens.Did not change much, maybe a little worse on the top end. It has a mild hyd cam with super comp headers. Just thought I would see If anyone had some ideas. It ran really strong with the sidewinder & 950 HP carb. I like to tinker & do not race it so just wanted to try something different. This is going to be a time consuming procedure I am sure!! Thanks!

May 8th, 2004, 2:11 pm #2

I had a 2x4 low riser set up on my 63 1/2 Galaxie on a 427. If you had a 950 I assume you have more than enough fuel to them. Check the float height in all bowls and make sure the fuel level is right at the bottom of the hole. On my 27 the linkage ajustment for the progressive opening of the second carb was set mid way for daily driving and full on for racing. I'd start with the bowls.