YAHOO!!!!!

May 8th, 2016, 5:26 pm #1

Just saw first male Of the season at the feeder in the back yard. He must have just arrived in this area as he was at the feeder for quite a while. I had just cleaned and refreshed both feeders about an hour and a half ago.

What a super bonus for Mother's Day!
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

May 8th, 2016, 5:40 pm #2

Congrats, Penny! I figured it couldn't be much longer for you. A happy Mother's Day indeed!

Donald
Donald
Red Wing MN
zone 4

May 8th, 2016, 6:23 pm #3

Just saw first male Of the season at the feeder in the back yard. He must have just arrived in this area as he was at the feeder for quite a while. I had just cleaned and refreshed both feeders about an hour and a half ago.

Nice to hear that you have them back Penny, and hope you have many more for the summer.
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

May 8th, 2016, 6:59 pm #4

So happy for you!

May 8th, 2016, 7:34 pm #5

So wonderful Penny---enjoy!! Great Mother's Day gift by the way.

Madison, WI
Zone 5a

May 9th, 2016, 12:47 pm #6

Yeeeaaaaa
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

May 9th, 2016, 1:19 pm #7

Congrats! Every day now another northern forum member is seeing their first.
Dan
East-central Iowa
Zone 5a

May 9th, 2016, 1:37 pm #8

Penny

A big congrats to you for your first hummer and like Kathi Rock it happens on Mother's Day. Yea!!!
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

May 9th, 2016, 2:58 pm #9

Thanks everyone. As is the usual case I was getting a bit nervous. It was in the 70's last week and then it turned colder and overcast so I was really surprised when this little guy showed up mid morning. I was thinking it may be another week or two.
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

May 9th, 2016, 11:48 pm #10

So happy for you! Mine have disappeared since the first arrivals. It has been cold and very windy, not good Hummingbird weather. They also could be nesting.

Fran
Lakeview, OR
Zone 4/5
Fran
Lakeview OR
Zone 4/5

May 9th, 2016, 11:55 pm #11

YAHOOOOO! Penny, so happy for you, many more! It's so funny sometimes how we congratulate each other on our first hummbrats of the season, but only hummgardeners actually get it. The cycle of life in nature is so beautiful

Cheri (aka hummymummy, Vancouver, b.c. Canada z8)

Confirmation of reply: