Whats Your Happiness Today 06.16.12 ?

Whats Your Happiness Today 06.16.12 ?

June 16th, 2012, 3:47 pm #1

Whats your happiness today?

As for me I am pleased to report I see bloom buds forming on my Keciella cordifolia "Heartleaf Penstemon". Excited isn't the word! I baby this and the only thing to equal it may be seeing blooms forming on my Clematis Glaucophylla. Then you will probably hear me squealing .... LOL.

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

<span style="width:170px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>

June 16th, 2012, 4:04 pm #2

Well, I haven't been up very long this morning, so I haven't experienced much yet. But I have seen a couple of Rufous fighting over the feeder and that may well qualify as my greatest happiness of the day.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

June 16th, 2012, 4:14 pm #3

As for me I am pleased to report I see bloom buds forming on my Keciella cordifolia "Heartleaf Penstemon". Excited isn't the word! I baby this and the only thing to equal it may be seeing blooms forming on my Clematis Glaucophylla. Then you will probably hear me squealing .... LOL.

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

<span style="width:170px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
That is exciting Patrick....happy for you! A great start to the day!

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

June 16th, 2012, 4:18 pm #4

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Happiness today and any day that japanese beetles havent attacked my cupheas. But I must admit watching the way my wendys wish are blooming does bring a smile from me.

My accurite just registered 94° so I must go change the feeders, just got thru changing the birdbaths. I will wait till plants start the wilting before I water them.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

June 16th, 2012, 4:26 pm #5

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

That some weeding that had been calling to me was knocked out yesterday and this morning. There may not be light at the end of the tunnel but at least the section I am passing through is looking a bit more ship shape - for the moment.

It is alway exciting to see the first flower on a brand new plant species. I should check the Monardella.

June 16th, 2012, 5:16 pm #6

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Today was more a sigh of relief than happiness as I finally got up and out early enough to weed and edge the bed on the west side of the house and get it done before the sun moved over. That bed has been a mess for the last two years ever since my DH decided to dig a trench and hook all the gutters together and run the pvc drain pipe underground along the edge of tmy bed. Now I can start separating the Irises and moving a few things around and getting the rest of my plants in the ground after I get done working my shift at our church carnival's plant booth this afternoon.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Last edited by Pennytoo on June 16th, 2012, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

June 16th, 2012, 5:29 pm #7

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Penny

Yesterday I did some moving of things late afternoon/evening though 7ish though still hot. I moved my gardenview scarlet which had been separated so they were together and I moved my marshalls delight into that vacant hole. Then I decided to put my petunia exserta into the ground around my salvia darcyi. Im not sure if that was such a good decision time will tell.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

Last edited by Stevenindy on June 16th, 2012, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 16th, 2012, 7:27 pm #8

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Steve; The Japenese beetles are a thorn in my side too. So far this year, so good. Haven't seen one yet!
High today mid 80's, will go into the 90's on Tuesday I believe. AC is going to be getting a real work out.

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

June 16th, 2012, 7:30 pm #9

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Ward;

I let my weeds get away from me. 2 days ago I settled into it as an evening projects. For now I am got up. They sure do look a lot better when we finally make it through.

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

June 16th, 2012, 7:34 pm #10

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Penny, I am more of an evening person when it comes to yard work. Lights nearing the end of the tunnel are always good!

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

Confirmation of reply: