Welcome back, fearless, Jet-lagged leader!

Welcome back, fearless, Jet-lagged leader!

February 2nd, 2008, 4:49 am #1

How was Down Under?
Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

February 2nd, 2008, 11:13 pm #2

If you are going to Tahiti, make sure you don't stay on the main island, and go to Morea or Bora Bora instead.

Papette, the capital, makes Tijuana look like paradise, it is a giant crap hole of shanties and junk shops.

The prices are outrageous, $17. Bloody Marys in plastic glasses, a glass of house wine $18. and a buffet dinner $71. apiece.

The people where crude and rude, the french taught them well.

While the majority of tourists there were americans, the locals pretend they don't understand a word of english, and the french tourists get priority, and they were arrogant and rude as well.

Now on the other hand, Sydney Australia is the nicest city I have ever visited, bar none!

Clean, neat, beautiful harbor sights, excellent public transportation, monorails, trains, double decker subways and elevated trains, ferries, trolly cars etc, all accessible using one transit ticket.

Miles of boardwalks, lined with 4 star restaurants and bars, the whole city is a class act.

Went out to the blue mountain area and that was spectacular also, the Australian people are friendly, open and warm, a pleasant change from the chip on their shoulders French A-holes on Tahiti.

February 3rd, 2008, 2:33 am #3

thing with IMA - YOU wrote-

IMA short game, the crown Jewel in my estimation. His method of the short game stroke is a trail hand dominant pistoning motion with the lead arm move out from your side and up onto your chest, the lead arm stays passive, and you piston the club with your trail elbow while keeping your trail hand wrist bend intact.

MY short game stinks and i am trying to visualize you
doing the stroke above.

How many different shots around the green can you do
with that stroke?

Isn't the stroke you are MAKING similar to
the way Jack Nicklaus putts?
I think he does a piston motion of some kind with his trail elbow.

I need to see the stroke in my minds eye and then i can try
it.

JC

February 3rd, 2008, 9:21 am #4

It is very versatile, and changing the ball placement at address is all you need to change the height of the shots.

I personally use almost every club in the bag to chip with, SW through 3 iron, and some times even a hybrid 1 iron.

The key to this swing is keeping all your weight forward during the swing, if you have too much weight on the trail side, you will tend to top the ball.

You also don't use an open stance, you use a square stance at address, and this improves your aim immensely, I usually chip at least one or two chip shots in the hole per round, this short game method is the only reason I have a index as low as I do, when you can chip them within 3-5 ft. constantly, you will be surprised how much your putting average improves!

February 6th, 2008, 4:39 pm #5

Mr Chazman , from how far away can you use this piston stroke?

WHEN you need to get the ball up into the air, say to clear a
trap do you stick with this method?

What is your index now and what is the weaknesses that
keep you from dropping in to a single digit index?

It sounds like your short game is great.

JC

February 6th, 2008, 7:53 pm #6

No problem getting the ball airborne with it, I even use it for my bunker shots. The key is to have yourself pre-set into a impact position at address, this keeps your weight set forward, which facilitates good ball contact.

My current index is 14.2, what is keeping me from attaining single digit is my lack of having a consistant full swing.

Confirmation of reply: