Ward

Ward

April 23rd, 2012, 10:38 pm #1

Which Salvia is this? I believe you gave me 2 last year. They bloomed very early, weeks ago.

And I have ZERO luck with plant tags except for the grey metal ones that you use the pencil on.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

April 24th, 2012, 8:58 am #2

I wish I could say Pam, but I can't. It is hard to tell from a photo and with these types it is just plain hard to tell. It could be growing at the park so you might want to look for it. It might be ex Cherry Queen if it is kind of pinkish red.

April 24th, 2012, 12:12 pm #3

Which Salvia is this? I believe you gave me 2 last year. They bloomed very early, weeks ago.

And I have ZERO luck with plant tags except for the grey metal ones that you use the pencil on.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam,

Don't think you got this one last year, unless you took cuttings from the park when we were not looking. Last year, Ward mainly had Big Red and Dancing Dolls and you wanted neither. There were several from seed that did not make it to the garden perhaps this is one of those. Looks like a winner.

Suchie

April 25th, 2012, 9:31 am #4

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Ok, here is the list of plants we'll planting. As you will notice most aren't hummingbird plants since we already overstocked in that department.

Allium senscense - 4
Agastache Blue Blazes - 2
Sorghastrum nutens Indian Grass- 10
Whales Tongue Agave - 1
Gaillardia Amber Wheels - 1
Caryopteris First Choice - 1
Coreopsis levenworthii - 45
Calamintha nepeta nepeta - 74
ex Salvia Cherry Queen - 1 anyone can take
Salvia Ark Rd Pink - 1 or 2 if anyone wants
Monardella macrantha - 2
Mulberry Jam - 1 if anyone wants
Maximillian Sunflower - 2
Allium Millennium - 1
Ratabida Pinnata - 1
Salvia Scarlet Spires - 1 or more if anyone whats them
Palmyra Pink - 1 don't like the habit of this one Suchie
Bear Berry - 1
Salvia Oxyphora - 6
ex Salvia Scarlet Spires - 10
Thymus Ohme - 48
Thymus Pink Creeping - 105
Thymus Red Compact - 4
Thymus Reiter -12
David Verity - slightly damaged

The rest of the stuff isn't ready, mostly Tropical Milkweed, need to bring a 9-pack for Pam

April 25th, 2012, 10:03 am #5

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

What happened with Oreganum Rotkugle from last season? Did it survive? Some weeds overtook the area that I planted mine in and I'm not sure if It went out in the garbage. I will take a closer look. I am hoping for some sun today, i need to get my hands dirty. Its food for my mind.

Brazailian Verbenea has done its mutiplying trick! I love this plant so the more the merrier. Athough the volunteers on the gardens edge need to be moved. That should be safe? Ward??

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

April 25th, 2012, 10:04 am #6

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Ward, there are a lot of new plants being tried this year. I remember planting rows of alternating Agastaches and Salvias last year. I am really to eager to see how the patch at the start of the median turned out. I had planted two of the heatwave series and a salmon and pink there and several of your seed started plants.

I am bringing Bolero, two rooted cuttings of Christine Yeo and will check to see if MFF has the Acapulco red. I decided against the phygelius, since it is much better as a potted plant at a slight elevation. Purple pygmy burnt out when I left it out on sunny day.

Wanted to remind you about the Petunia Exserta.

Suchie
Last edited by Suchiek on April 25th, 2012, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 25th, 2012, 10:12 am #7

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

This is an excellent time to move Verbena. It is when I pot up and pass on the extras - super plant.

I think most of the stuff you planted Suchie is just fine although which is which is another thing. You won't believe the Dancing Dolls this year. Last year I didn't like them much because they were so sparse. I think we'll plant the ex Ava among them, perhaps the colors might completment each other.

Don't forget Petunia exserta, don't forget Petunia exserta!
Or the pot of subrotunda seedlings, or a 9-pack of Tropical Milkweed. No one trusts my memory.

April 25th, 2012, 11:22 am #8

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Ward,

I was surprised when you said you were disappointed with DD last year. Mine is currently expending energy blooming and is not sending out too many new shoots. I am trying Shell dancer this year and Dancing lights (bi-colred red and pink). The latter is starting to set buds.

You gave me something named Cherry Queen(not) three years back and it is turning out to be quite a favorite. Bright magenta blooms with a very tidy growth habit. I broke some branches and stuck it here and there about two weeks back. If they look like they are rooting, I'll bring one along.

Suchie

April 25th, 2012, 12:40 pm #9

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

It was a seedling from Cherry Queen. There are already three or four in the gardens and a potted I thought I would give to Pam.

April 26th, 2012, 2:26 am #10

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Its nice to have garden buds!

My scarlet spires did not return. Oxphora, pant pant!!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Last edited by seafire1 on April 26th, 2012, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: