Very busy in Wisconsin

Very busy in Wisconsin

August 28th, 2011, 3:21 pm #1

Hi all. We are seeing many birds at our feeders here yet. So those of you to the south keep an eye out, there are plenty of birds still to come your way. I finally got a shot of one of our little friends. Nothing great but it looks like she is mad that I was sitting there. Kind of like "hey buddy, can't I eat in peace."

Last edited by Sundodger on August 28th, 2011, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Green Bay, WI

August 30th, 2011, 2:04 am #2

Hearing from those North of me makes me hopeful that the best is yet to come. While my numbers are up from Summer, I'm no where near what I had a few years back. Hope yours stick around for some time yet!!

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5

August 30th, 2011, 6:17 pm #3

Hi all. We are seeing many birds at our feeders here yet. So those of you to the south keep an eye out, there are plenty of birds still to come your way. I finally got a shot of one of our little friends. Nothing great but it looks like she is mad that I was sitting there. Kind of like "hey buddy, can't I eat in peace."

Pete

Like Joni it is good to hear reports of good activity north of us letting us know there is more to come.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

September 2nd, 2011, 1:41 am #4

Today, 9/1/11 was the busiest day that we have ever seen here. The last couple of days were nuts. I'm sure many birds are migrants coming through, but I also believe most are juvies from the area, being that they mostly try the flowers and then the feeders and don't sit on the feeders like the adults do.

Also my sister that lives 100 miles north of Green Bay is still reporting heavy feeder use at her house in Spread Eagle, WI.

Those of you south still have flying friends coming towards you.

Last edited by Sundodger on September 2nd, 2011, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Green Bay, WI

September 5th, 2011, 2:56 pm #5

Things have slowed way down here. Yesterday only saw a couple of birds at the feeders, may have been the same bird since the time between feeding was only about 15 minutes.

Also my sister 100 miles north hasn't seen a bird at her feeders for a couple of days and they have frost warnings tonight for their area.

So again for those of you south of me you still have a few birds coming but the rush is almost over.

Pete
Green Bay, WI

September 5th, 2011, 3:16 pm #6

Only one siting at a feeder today. It is very overcast and down right chilly here

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

September 5th, 2011, 3:24 pm #7

The number of birds here increased a lot yesterday with the arrival of the cold front. I'm hearing chirping, chattering and humming all around my house. The first two weeks of September is always the peak of migration here so I need to make sure I enjoy it now because soon the number of birds will quickly decline.

Gary
Napoleon, OH
Zone 5b/6a

Confirmation of reply: