The "Stack and Tilt" golf swing

The "Stack and Tilt" golf swing

July 9th, 2008, 6:17 am #1

I recieved this video from Mike Bennent and Andy Plummer who are the main proponents of the S&T and have converted many current tour players, including Mike Wier.

This video is being distributed by Medicus, and along with the video I recieved three medicus clubs, 7, 5 iron and the driver, although I didn't order them???

The videos are very technical and there is little if any footage of these guys actually hitting any balls.

They do make a very large departure from all other golf instruction in that they stress only three fundementals to having a good golf swing, and none of the fundementals include any of the usual suspects such as grip, stance, alignment, ball placement etc.

They claim the #1 fundemental for any good golf swing is the ability to have the clubhead repeatabilty hit the same place on the ground, time after time, and that that place should be in front of the ball.

Their contention is the average hack loads up his weight to the trail side on the backswing, and then never effectively gets that weight shift to the lead side on the downswing, thereby having the clubhead ground out in back of the ball. To compensate for this the average hack releases early and losses and effective COAM he/she might of had to hit an effective shot.

Their answer to compensate for this is to take a weight shift to the trail side compeletly out of the equation. They have to "Stack" put the weight on the LEAD side on the back swing by actually tilting your body towards the target side while doing this.

This gives a very centered swing where the lead shoulder goes very low on the back swing, and the trail shoulder is very high.

On the downswing you then make even more of a weight shift to the lead side and this causes ones swing to bottom out much further to the lead side then a normal swing does. The finish is a high reverse "C".

These two instructors are obviously TGM guys because they make numerous references to it and Homer Kelly. They even talk about "Accumulators" and the "flying wedge" which is Mark Eversheds "cocked trail wrist" being maintained throughout the entire swing.

I will give more info as I review more of the materials.

There is 4 dvds in the package.

July 9th, 2008, 1:02 pm #2

A cocked trail wrist is one of the best tips out there,IMHO. Greg Norman's Secret training aid teaches you the feeling.

Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

July 16th, 2008, 1:26 am #3

I recieved this video from Mike Bennent and Andy Plummer who are the main proponents of the S&T and have converted many current tour players, including Mike Wier.

This video is being distributed by Medicus, and along with the video I recieved three medicus clubs, 7, 5 iron and the driver, although I didn't order them???

The videos are very technical and there is little if any footage of these guys actually hitting any balls.

They do make a very large departure from all other golf instruction in that they stress only three fundementals to having a good golf swing, and none of the fundementals include any of the usual suspects such as grip, stance, alignment, ball placement etc.

They claim the #1 fundemental for any good golf swing is the ability to have the clubhead repeatabilty hit the same place on the ground, time after time, and that that place should be in front of the ball.

Their contention is the average hack loads up his weight to the trail side on the backswing, and then never effectively gets that weight shift to the lead side on the downswing, thereby having the clubhead ground out in back of the ball. To compensate for this the average hack releases early and losses and effective COAM he/she might of had to hit an effective shot.

Their answer to compensate for this is to take a weight shift to the trail side compeletly out of the equation. They have to "Stack" put the weight on the LEAD side on the back swing by actually tilting your body towards the target side while doing this.

This gives a very centered swing where the lead shoulder goes very low on the back swing, and the trail shoulder is very high.

On the downswing you then make even more of a weight shift to the lead side and this causes ones swing to bottom out much further to the lead side then a normal swing does. The finish is a high reverse "C".

These two instructors are obviously TGM guys because they make numerous references to it and Homer Kelly. They even talk about "Accumulators" and the "flying wedge" which is Mark Eversheds "cocked trail wrist" being maintained throughout the entire swing.

What do the guys say about ball position?

You said-On the downswing you then make even more of a weight shift to the lead side and this causes ones swing to bottom out much further to the lead side then a normal swing does. The finish is a high reverse "C".

How much farther forward do they suggest for say
a 5 iron?
With the driver it seems like you would have too
play the ball way way forward.
Or do they play it standard and that is the cause
of the reverse c?

Where do you play the ball in these instances?

JC

July 16th, 2008, 5:31 am #4

No more tops, clunkers or fat shots, just clean crisp ball striking.

July 18th, 2008, 1:29 am #5

SO the average golfer relases early, stands up
out of the shot, or whatever to make contact.
i wonder if that explaines why i some time make
what feels like perfect contact- ball first
then divot and still hit a stinker.
Sometimes the ball does funny things when i hit it first
and then take a divoit- the ball seems to die and drible off the tee, or goes very low.
I hit a lot of good shots- i must be hittig the ball
slightly fat most of the time and get away with it.

How are you doing with the Driver?

JC

July 19th, 2008, 6:03 am #6

Otherwise you will be ballooning everything.

Confirmation of reply: