The Open

The Open

July 22nd, 2007, 12:22 pm #1

Stack and Tilt has had a player in the running
at the U.S. and British Opens. Pretty impressive.

What happened to Baddeley at Carnoustie?

July 22nd, 2007, 7:33 pm #2

Baddeley missed the cut. Think we can claim Mike Weir as an S+T ér ? - he finished in the top 20, one low round somewhere along the way....

July 23rd, 2007, 5:27 am #3

Stack and Tilt has had a player in the running
at the U.S. and British Opens. Pretty impressive.

What happened to Baddeley at Carnoustie?
Well, a Plummer/Bennett guy did not win the British Open, however one of the guys did win on the Nationwide Tour this week, with an impressive score of -26. That's right, Tom Sherrer is a long-time student of Andy and Mike. Just thought everyone would like to know.

July 27th, 2007, 4:49 pm #4

Just caught a couple of swings of his on the European Tour event in Germany and although it was very quick I thought I detected a fellow S+T 'er ??

July 28th, 2007, 1:56 am #5

Rod Pampling, to my knowledge, is not a S&T guy. He does have a great golf swing. It is interesting how much he bows out his left wrist prior to and through impact, but he must do that with the weak grip he employs.

jayjoe
jayjoe

August 5th, 2007, 6:19 pm #6

Just caught a couple of swings of his on the European Tour event in Germany and although it was very quick I thought I detected a fellow S+T 'er ??
Pampling is a Gary Edwins (australia) disciple....left side leans to the target (address) and stays there during the backswing....looks short and choppy but effective.

August 6th, 2007, 8:05 pm #7

Ah, that would make sense. I think Peter Lonard was also one of his pupils wasn't he ? Very simple but powerful action, not many moving parts - bit like S+T actually ! How do you see the relationship between the 2 swing models ?

August 6th, 2007, 8:59 pm #8

August 7th, 2007, 7:46 pm #9

Does look quite similar, not much weight transfer there ! He calls it a right-sided swing whereas I think of S+T as predominantly left-sided. On thing I have noticed is that the S+T base seems so firm I can go ahead and hit the s*** out of it with the right hand without having to worry about the over the top slice.

Food for thought, thanks for the reference.

Confirmation of reply: