Thanks Cathy!

May 16th, 2016, 12:40 am #1

Hi Cathy,

This afternoon I found a bag of zipties in the garage and I attached 4 to a decorative 3/8ths inch rod that is about 3 feet tall with a glass ball and finial on top. Been in my garden for years, thanks Pam! I took the 4 zipties and made a cross below the glass ball to make it look like a weather vane. Looks nice actually!

Sure enough tonight a hummer was perching on it!!! Great find, I am glad you shared the idea!!!

It has been an exceptional year so far for hummers here. I have 3 resident males that seem to be getting along, and this morning saw my first female.

Ken
Central NJ
usda zone 6b

May 16th, 2016, 12:13 pm #2

Isn't it funny how thy love sitting on those things?
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

May 17th, 2016, 11:19 pm #3

Hi Cathy,

This afternoon I found a bag of zipties in the garage and I attached 4 to a decorative 3/8ths inch rod that is about 3 feet tall with a glass ball and finial on top. Been in my garden for years, thanks Pam! I took the 4 zipties and made a cross below the glass ball to make it look like a weather vane. Looks nice actually!

Sure enough tonight a hummer was perching on it!!! Great find, I am glad you shared the idea!!!

It has been an exceptional year so far for hummers here. I have 3 resident males that seem to be getting along, and this morning saw my first female.

Ken
That sounds really nice. If possible, please share a photo or several.
-Adrienne
(Staten Island, NY Zone ~7)

May 18th, 2016, 1:03 am #4

Hi Cathy,

Ken
Hi Adrienne,

I'll take a photo tomorrow. Looks nice, but most people won't understand it. Lol

Ken
Central NJ
usda zone 6b

May 18th, 2016, 11:16 pm #5

Hi Cathy,

Ken
Here are two quick shots.

Ken

Photobucket is impossible!!! Clicking on anything brings you to ads that you cannot x out of.
Central NJ
usda zone 6b

May 18th, 2016, 11:22 pm #6

Hi Cathy,

Ken
Beautiful!

If you install Adblock that would let you block some or all of the ads.
-Adrienne
(Staten Island, NY Zone ~7)

Confirmation of reply: