Stack and Tilt DVD Training DVD

Stack and Tilt DVD Training DVD

May 17th, 2008, 1:08 pm #1

I found this on the web today.

http://www.stackgolf.com/land01.php?sid=51985

May 17th, 2008, 1:27 pm #2

Well, folks. This is what we have been crying for all this past year.
This product was developed by P&B and supported by their golf pros Weir, Wilson, WI, and Baddeley.

It is a $160 for the DVD set. They tell you $19.95 risk free for thirty days and won't reveal the real price until you fill out some info. I think they could have set the price up front with out the gimmicky marketing. I am sure people will buy it, regardless.

May 17th, 2008, 1:36 pm #3

I've been after Denver to make a S&T video for a year;maybe this will free him to try making one of his own (for much less $$$)
Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

Rich
Rich

May 23rd, 2008, 8:51 pm #4

Well, folks. This is what we have been crying for all this past year.
This product was developed by P&B and supported by their golf pros Weir, Wilson, WI, and Baddeley.

It is a $160 for the DVD set. They tell you $19.95 risk free for thirty days and won't reveal the real price until you fill out some info. I think they could have set the price up front with out the gimmicky marketing. I am sure people will buy it, regardless.

Appears to be $100 (initial $19.95 + four more payments of the same for the next four months), but after getting through the intial ordering part they have 5 more screens pop up that offer more "bonus" offers - Medicus products that'd be a lot cheaper to buy from eBay.

May 25th, 2008, 1:49 am #5

When I went thru the screens, a Medicus training 7 iron was part of the package with the 4 cds. The total cost was $160. Looks like they changed it.

So, did you order a set for the $100 payment?

June 4th, 2008, 2:02 pm #6

I found this on the web today.

http://www.stackgolf.com/land01.php?sid=51985
I ordered these, but didn't really get a confirmation. There is no contact number/info, so I guess this is a leap of faith. I wonder when these are shipping.

June 5th, 2008, 5:56 pm #7

When you do finally get the dvds, let us know what you think about them. I appreciate you taking the first step on this.

Since the company, Medicus, is selling this product, Google "Medicus" and you might find a contact number.

Rich
Rich

June 9th, 2008, 8:37 pm #8

I did order them, curious if they were worthwhile or not (plus trying to find out why my Stack and Tilt has fallen apart in the last 2 weeks after being so good for 8 months) - I found a number on the Medicus site to call, it took them a while to figure out where my order was, but as soon as I told them what the product was the customer service rep said that they'd had several thousand of the CD sets in the initial run and sold out of them almost immediately, had no word on when their next run was set to be delivered. I left my order on backorder rather than cancel, but I'm not too confident in their system actually delivering since he couldn't find it in the computer. I also wondered about his statement about "several thousand" - that seems like a lot to have gone through so quickly. My personal thought is they had a very small run to see if there was any response and now they're trying to line up a larger manufacturer to produce for a lower price to them.

June 12th, 2008, 9:27 pm #9

I am a memeber of the Medicus forum and they were involved with the development of the product. Their last posting on the S&T dvd's were they expect if everything went right the first batch would go out friday or the beginning of next week. If this changes I will update you if the medicus forum presents a update.

They definitely are not being truthful that the product is backlogged because of initial deliveries.

Dave

June 12th, 2008, 9:33 pm #10

As we all know, you never can tell what a customer service rep is going to say! Thanks for keepin us updated, hopefully they'll be able to ship soon.

June 16th, 2008, 10:37 pm #11

I received information from medicus that the DVD's are starting shipping this week. We will have to wait and see.

dave

June 25th, 2008, 2:25 pm #12

Got my DVD last night - haven't had time to watch it yet, hopefully tonight. Will let you know what I think.

June 25th, 2008, 6:17 pm #13

Yes, please review. Also can the dvds be purchased with out the medicus 7 iron? What is the total cost with out 7 iron. That is if it can be purchased with out.
Paul

June 27th, 2008, 5:38 pm #14

Go to the medicus web site and you can order just the dvd. There will be prompts trying to get you to buy some of their other products but I got mine in about a week.

June 27th, 2008, 8:33 pm #15

I ordered these, but didn't really get a confirmation. There is no contact number/info, so I guess this is a leap of faith. I wonder when these are shipping.
Got the DVD's a couple of days ago. To answer another question, yes you can get them without the Medicus training club, you just have to go through several screens after ordering the DVD's where they try to add on extra purchases like that.

There's 4 DVD's in the box: 1) The Stack & Tilt Swing 2) Stack & Tilt - In Depth 3) Analyzing Your Shot 4) The Short Game. All by Bennett and Plummer. Very basic production, two camera setup, a couple of split screens to show swings, that's about as fancy as they got.

I've only had time to watch the first disc. About 1 hr 15 minutes; first 30 was taking the swing into different parts (stance/setup, backswing, downswing, follow through), last 45 talked more about swing mechanics, ball flight, etc and the theory behind it. Honestly, even though I've been a golf coach/teacher in the past and a total swing junkie, the last 45 I had trouble staying focused on what they were saying. It's pretty dry, and not especially well scripted. That being said, the first part of the DVD was worthwhile, spotted a couple of things in there that I hadn't learned yet about S&T, and found some things to check in my swing.

We'll see what the other DVD's contain, I'm not too hopeful that they'll have any higher production values, but content is more important than production. Overall, I'd say so far they were worth the price, especially since no pro out my way can teach S&T, otherwise a few lessons would have been a better bargain.

Confirmation of reply: