Spring in the PNW??

Spring in the PNW??

March 12th, 2011, 7:55 pm #1

Hey all, a question, our temps are between high 30's at night, and upper 40's during the day, with rain. Can I put my brugs outside? The temp in the basement is about the same. And the little white bugs all over the leaves are making the plants look furry, and I am afrain they will die due to the bugs. Please help, Thanks, Selma

March 13th, 2011, 1:44 pm #2

Selma, it has been my experience here in a much different climate than yours that brugs don't mind a little "cool" weather. They can even take a light freeze .........if this helps any !!!

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

March 13th, 2011, 11:51 pm #3

Hey all, a question, our temps are between high 30's at night, and upper 40's during the day, with rain. Can I put my brugs outside? The temp in the basement is about the same. And the little white bugs all over the leaves are making the plants look furry, and I am afrain they will die due to the bugs. Please help, Thanks, Selma

It helps a lot, Thanks Carrie. I will put them out asap, anything to get rid of the bugs on the leaves!

March 20th, 2011, 1:02 pm #4

We are having such a wonderful Spring here in North Texas......just hope MN doesn't give me a surprise. It is time for me to start the fertilizing process if I want blooms starting in May or June. They will ALL be outside at the end of this day, and able to take advantage of the cool nights and warm days....brugs love this weather...........and so do I.

March 24th, 2011, 3:10 am #5

Well, I put the brugs out last week, and today they were blessed dwith 60 degree weather, sunny to boot! Luckily it is supposed to rain tonight or tomorrow, so I won't have to water them. And it looks like the bugs have left the plants! Yippeee!

April 7th, 2011, 4:10 am #6

Well, Carrie, I sure hope you are right, that the brugs can take a little light freeze. We have had snow on the car windshield for two mornings this week, and possibly tomorrow! The brugs are out, and yippee. the mites are gone! Thanks. S

April 9th, 2011, 2:06 am #7

They can, Selma..............glad the bugs are gone.

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

Confirmation of reply: