So, where DOES the lead knee point to in the backswing?

So, where DOES the lead knee point to in the backswing?

September 4th, 2007, 6:49 pm #1

I have read some posts about the S&T golf swing stating that the front knee points more towards the ball on the backswing. But if you notice Plummer and Bennett pics in Golf Digest, they have the front knee pointing towards the front toes in the P4 position. The front knee is not caved in. Which one is correct or does it make a difference?

Thanks

September 4th, 2007, 7:58 pm #2

Definitely towards the toes for me, but I'll await the guru for confirmation...it's that move combined with the straightening of the right knee which starts the rotary action of the hips, then " crush the coke can " with the left heel on the downswing.

October 1st, 2007, 10:04 pm #3

David is correct. The lead knee points almost straight outward in the backswing, while the trail leg straightens, so as to get the hips to turn on a tilt. If the trail leg remains flexed, the hips will turn level, which can lead to a host of problems for a player.

frank
frank

July 4th, 2011, 8:52 am #4

I always thought that the trail leg in the back swing was to remain flexed.So your telling me in the back swing i should be straightening my trail leg as i swing back to the top.This my be my problem ill give it a try.Let me know if you can add anything to this.

Confirmation of reply: