Salvia 'Amistad' UPDATES

Salvia 'Amistad' UPDATES

January 18th, 2012, 4:10 am #1

Dear all,

I gave cuttings of Salvia 'Amistad' to Steve Owens when he was in Argentina last December. I hope he can root it and sell it. It is the best salvia I have ever grown.

I really hope you can get this plant next Spring. It is a hummingbird magnet!

No PBR should apply to this plant. I found it in Argentina and I would like to share it with everybody. 'Amistad' is the Spanish word for friendship so.... share it with your friends!!

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar

January 18th, 2012, 4:15 am #2

I wish Steve was closer as I would definitely make the drive to get a cutting from his plant. I bet that JP will make the trip over to Steve's if he is succesful with the cuttings. Maybe Nancy can convince Rich Dufresne to make the trip and get cuttings propagated.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

January 18th, 2012, 5:21 am #3

Dear all,

I gave cuttings of Salvia 'Amistad' to Steve Owens when he was in Argentina last December. I hope he can root it and sell it. It is the best salvia I have ever grown.

No PBR should apply to this plant. I found it in Argentina and I would like to share it with everybody. 'Amistad' is the Spanish word for friendship so.... share it with your friends!!

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
For most of us who desire this plant Richard might be our best shot as Steve Owens is no longer in the mail order game.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

January 18th, 2012, 1:01 pm #4

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
The photos of this plant are beautiful.

January 18th, 2012, 1:24 pm #5

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
Sunset Magazine and Plant Development Services Inc. will make S. 'Amistad' available to the California growers and retailers in their distribution area in April. I have contacted them to see if there will be any online retailers that will have it available.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Last edited by Pennytoo on January 18th, 2012, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

January 18th, 2012, 2:56 pm #6

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
I hope it becomes available to online retailers this spring. I'm anxious to try out this salvia. Maybe it's the next big hummingbird attractor.
Rolando, thanks for your generosity in sharing this plant with the rest of us hummingbird and salvia lovers.

Gary
Napoleon, OH
Zone 5b/6a

January 18th, 2012, 10:47 pm #7

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
I wonder if it will EVER make it's way to Canada.

Cheri (aka hummymummy, vancouver, b.c. canada z8 -10 celcius and snowy)

January 18th, 2012, 10:59 pm #8

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
Rumour has it that this may be released in Canada/Australia later this year, or early 2013!

January 18th, 2012, 11:04 pm #9

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
And Cheri...you never know what will cross the border!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

January 18th, 2012, 11:28 pm #10

Dear all,

Rolando

www.salvias.com.ar
Cool Robin... maybe in time for my new garden!! What enticing news!
Patrick if it crosses the border are you part of the deal :>) and ber the way are you still seeing Anna's, I've at least two regulars maybe more, it's quite the challenge keeping feeders defrosted and rotated out, poor Dh bless his heart has to get up at 6:15 so thankfully he can usually remember to get one warm one out.

Cheri (aka hummymummy, vancouver b.c. canada z8)

Confirmation of reply: