Orlando DVD - Good News!

Orlando DVD - Good News!

May 18th, 2005, 2:33 pm #1

Peter has successfully completed the conversion of Richard Wax's camcorder tape and is making DVD copies now. Those of you who previously ordered a Riviera DVD are also entitled to an Orlando DVD--please send me an email telling me that you want it. For those who haven't ordered a Riviera DVD, but wish to have (only) the Orlando DVD, send me $10 check or money order and shipping address. The cost for both Riviera and Orlando DVDs is $15.

Reminder: The Orlando DVD (recorded in Jan 05 and which I haven't seen yet) will contain numerous swings with different clubs by Richard from various camera angles. The Riviera DVD (recorded Aug 04) contains a Mindy swing lesson by Richard, along with practice tee and on-course swings by Richard, Gene Bock, Frank Browning and others. Nicely recorded with appropriately rousing music by Gene. SD

May 18th, 2005, 5:01 pm #2

Never Mind, I got it...
Last edited by bgbearnavy on May 18th, 2005, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 19th, 2005, 1:11 am #3

Peter has successfully completed the conversion of Richard Wax's camcorder tape and is making DVD copies now. Those of you who previously ordered a Riviera DVD are also entitled to an Orlando DVD--please send me an email telling me that you want it. For those who haven't ordered a Riviera DVD, but wish to have (only) the Orlando DVD, send me $10 check or money order and shipping address. The cost for both Riviera and Orlando DVDs is $15.

Reminder: The Orlando DVD (recorded in Jan 05 and which I haven't seen yet) will contain numerous swings with different clubs by Richard from various camera angles. The Riviera DVD (recorded Aug 04) contains a Mindy swing lesson by Richard, along with practice tee and on-course swings by Richard, Gene Bock, Frank Browning and others. Nicely recorded with appropriately rousing music by Gene. SD
For those that want more views of the Blake swing from different angles, this will do the trick. Richard demonstrates everything from a short pitch to driver and you see the swing from a number of different angles including a very interesting (for me) view of Richard swinging towards the camera (no ball) that provides a clear view of the openess of the stance and the amount of bend from the waist.

One critique - I think Frank Thomas from The Golf Channel would say that Richard needs to upgrade his driver technology

Peter

Richard Wax
Richard Wax

May 19th, 2005, 3:07 pm #4

Hi Peter

Intrigued by "driver technology"! Does this mean the choice of my driver? If so, I must explain that the driver on the film was borrowed from a friend as my own entire golf equipment went "walkies" from British Airways baggage department in Gatwick Airport en route to Orlando. It's never been seen sice!

So now I have a Callaway 454 and the X18 irons which are doing the job for which they are designed ie delivering predictable shots to target on line and length. My Missus calls them "boring" but I dedicate each one to Mindy!

May 20th, 2005, 12:37 am #5

Frank Thomas who was formerly the USGA technical director is now a consultant and technical advisor to The Golf Channel. There have been a series of features where The Golf Channel picks an amateur who is playing at Champions Gate and goes through the clubs in their bag and Frank gives them advice. He is very geared to advising people to upgrade their technology (must consult to club manufacturers).

Your driver in the video was notable for not having the huge head representative of 'new technology'. If Frank had been there he probably would have recommended something like the new Callaway

Peter

Richard Wax
Richard Wax

May 20th, 2005, 8:05 am #6

for this info. I know Frank Thomas and will send him a note to tell him of this discussion group. We lunched together in St Andrews a while back and I regularly bump into him at the PGA Fair in Orlando.

May 25th, 2005, 4:56 am #7

James Hamilton, 13826 Bent Ridge Drive, San Antonio TX 78249. SD

Confirmation of reply: