NY Hummer's

NY Hummer's

August 23rd, 2011, 3:00 am #1

My Hummer's are still here. This is the first time I've seen them at my tomato or sunflower plants though.
<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;text-align:right;">From Baltimore Oriole and Other Birds</td></tr></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;text-align:right;">From Baltimore Oriole and Other Birds</td></tr></table>

Kimberly P.
Fairport, NY

August 23rd, 2011, 10:54 am #2

I am not seeing them at the tomato or sunflowers this year but I have in past years. Usually they are the Juveniles who investigate all flowers.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

August 23rd, 2011, 2:50 pm #3

My Hummer's are still here. This is the first time I've seen them at my tomato or sunflower plants though.

Kimberly P.
Fairport, NY
Kimberly

Every year at some point I see hummers checking out my tomato blooms, dont have sunflowers. Its only natural though as they like to perch on the tomato cages.

Also its nice to see hummers using my cardinal flowers and goldflames as they are much bigger this year and in the same area as my tom plants.

Steve
Martinsville, In
Heat zone 6
Sunset zone 35

August 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm #4

Kimberly P.
Fairport, NY
I had my hummers chek out my sunflowers and they hung around them for a while .. it was more then investigateing ... but it sure gave for a different shot of them ..
nice that you caught some at your sunflowers..

Marion

Confirmation of reply: