need a little help... :(

need a little help... :(

June 20th, 2011, 11:45 pm #1

The last hole i played was pretty pitiful... On the 3d hole ( a par 4) I sliced really -and i mean really- bad... the ball went about 150 yrds and went hard right... into a cluster of houses that lined the hillside. All i heard was KNOCK *KNOCK* CRASH as the ball broke threw a 6'x6' double pane window costing me $600.00+ dollars... what a bummer...

in fact i've been trying to come up with ways to work on my swing and see it at the same time...

i have managed to accomplish this with a projector... at my home in my living room i set up the projector to play and array of swing viewing youtube videos and then set up a couple of mirrors so i can watch myself mimicking the Pro's swing...

I made a terrible video at my office where the ceiling was too short to use a driver and i had no mirrors but made it anyway just to give you an idea. here it is:http://youtu.be/db0lb4v2C4Q

June 21st, 2011, 3:45 am #2

Your idea to use the projector to compare your swing to Dustin's is excellent! Your posture at address looks very good!

Here are some things I noticed that you are doing that Dustin isn't:

1. Notice the red lines. Your chest has risen in the back swing,so you've lost a lot of your bent-over posture that you had at address.

2. Notice the green line. There is "cup" in your left wrist at the top,whereas Dustin's is flat. This will leave the clubface open at impact.

3. Notice your hands;they are almost over your head;notice Dustin's hands are over his right shoulder. The likely cause of this is that you are bringing the club inside too fast on your backswing and this leads to lifting the hands at the top.Also,notice your club is "across the line." From this positing,you are likely "coming over the top," and slicing the ball.You can recover from this,but it is going to take you making a conscious effort to hit the inside/rear quadrant of the ball.As a result of your backswing,you are likely hitting the outside/rear quadrant of the ball,which is a slicing motion.

Speaking of Dustin, check out my comments. Notice how he is keeping bent over at impact and that his head stays down and back . A good thought is to "face the ball at impact." Resist the temptation to look up too fast.

Hope some of this helps!

Cheers,Bob

KLEX - USA
Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

June 23rd, 2011, 11:34 pm #3

June 24th, 2011, 7:20 pm #4

p.s. if anyone was interested... i picked up the projector here: www.aaxatech.com

June 25th, 2011, 2:51 am #5

Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

Confirmation of reply: