Name that Plant

Name that Plant

August 8th, 2017, 6:28 pm #1

Not sure you can at this point-- this is a cutting I took from my daughters butterfly bush and she does not know the name of it. I left these flower buds on for this reason as normally they would be removed.

Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 9th, 2017, 4:37 am #2

OK since no one knows what this is I will just call it Butterfly Bush.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 9th, 2017, 5:32 am #3

Not sure you can at this point-- this is a cutting I took from my daughters butterfly bush and she does not know the name of it. I left these flower buds on for this reason as normally they would be removed.

Steve,

It could be Buddleia 'Pink Delight':

http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/p ... rfly-bush/

It's difficult to know without more information about the height of it ('Pink Delight' grows to 4-6 feet) and seeing an entire flower spike.

There are also new miniature versions of Buddleia now available (we have a lilac colored one that we grow in a container):

http://shrubsource.com/buddleia-lo-and- ... -chip-1792

These are much more compact, growing only half as tall and wide.

As far as I know, 'Pink Delight' is the only variety of pink colored Buddleia.

I hope this helps a little, but I'm not sure.
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

August 9th, 2017, 2:25 pm #4

Kathi/Michael

Thanks for responding. The bush I took the cuttings from was rather large at least 6' in height. Funny thing I remember the flowers as being more blue than pink, perhaps the flowers will change as time goes on.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 9th, 2017, 3:55 pm #5

Steve,

There is also a variety of Buddleia called 'Bi-Color'---we are growing it this season and the flowers can be a pink/purple/peach combination---it's very pretty and unique. Here is a link:

http://www.monrovia.com/plant-catalog/p ... rfly-bush/
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

August 9th, 2017, 4:32 pm #6

I may have a better read on the plant as it gets bigger.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 9th, 2017, 10:49 pm #7

I shall call it "Pinkie"
~~ Karen
Agua Dulce, California
Elevation: 2518 or so

August 10th, 2017, 12:04 am #8

Karen-- Cool name for the time being "Pinkie".
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 10th, 2017, 2:18 am #9

I've had 'Pink Delight' before & didn't think it had a yellow eye but I may be wrong. 'Inspired Pink' is very, very light pink so don't think it is that either. It's obviously not 'Lo & Behold..' if it was 6'. I have many but that one stumped me. It looks like 'Flutterby Petite Tutti Fruitti' but that one only gets up to 3' or so.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b