Major Wheeler Honeysuckle

Major Wheeler Honeysuckle

April 16th, 2017, 9:06 pm #1

Major Wheeler is ready for business. Now all we need is some Hummers. Brett (KY)

April 17th, 2017, 12:29 am #2

Beautiful! Your invitation is out.

April 17th, 2017, 2:49 am #3

Major Wheeler is ready for business. Now all we need is some Hummers. Brett (KY)
Wow, That Major Wheeler Honeysuckle is fantastic. That should draw in the hummingbirds from far and wide. Thanks for posting.
Larry
Southaven, MS
Zone7B

April 17th, 2017, 2:52 am #4

Brett--absolutely gorgeous, beautifully grown specimen. Love the way you have it trained. Is that just one plant? How many years old is it?

Donald
Donald
Red Wing MN
zone 4

April 17th, 2017, 3:49 am #5

Wow, that's very impressive! That's the kind of honeysuckle display I've always wanted, but can't have due to aphids.
Dan
East-central Iowa
Zone 5a

April 17th, 2017, 4:00 am #6

Wow, thats how major wheeler is supposed to look but mine never does, congrats to you.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

April 17th, 2017, 5:37 am #7

Brett,

Your honeysuckle is amazingly beautiful and so impressive!!

So many colorful flowers!! If this isn't laying the welcome mat out, I don't know what is!!

We don't have aphids here in our yard on honeysuckle, but our cool summers and ever increasing shade prevent such a colorful display of honeysuckle in our yard.

Enjoy your hummingbird visitors, which I'm sure are on the way in the next day or two!

April 17th, 2017, 11:23 am #8

Brett, that is stunning! I've often read not to overfeed honeysuckle. Do you feed it? If so, with what and how often?
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

April 17th, 2017, 3:37 pm #9

Dang that's cool. I need to go out and start getting mine attached to the fence. Its the 2nd yr and its starting to bud already.
Northlake, IL

April 17th, 2017, 3:47 pm #10

Thanks all for the comments.
Donald- It is one plant, five or six years old.
Tom M - I don't usually feed it but I did give it a dose of Urban Farms Flowers & Blooms in early March. That and a very mild winter might account for this display, the best it's had. Someone suggested the Urban Farms product on here last year. If you want some, the company web site prices are better than Amazon. Brett (KY)

Confirmation of reply: