Lower driver trajectory

Lower driver trajectory

June 18th, 2008, 10:57 pm #1

I am hitting great irons with the stack & tilt, but have a continuing issue with the driver. I hit it hard and straight, but very low. I have thought about getting more loft on my driver (it's already 10.5 degrees) teeing the ball higher(but that seems to make me hook it too much) or moving it forward in my stance to catch it on the upswing (but that seems like that would defeat the purpose of the S & T. Anyone with any answers or similar experiences?

June 19th, 2008, 2:41 pm #2

I'd give moving the ball forward a try. Even with your weight slightly on your lead foot,the driver swing still comes up.

This isn't exactly S&T,but I've been putting more weight on my heels of my feet and slightly on the lead foot.I get into my setup (bend over position) and then move my weight toward my heels, by slightly setting down (as in setting in a chair) I lift my toes,to see if my weight is actually on my heals,then lean slightly on my lead foot. Waggle and go. I can release as hard as I want and not hook the ball;my misses are a push if I get lazy with the release.
In all my golfing days,I've never had the ball go more where I wanted it to go. The ball flight is straight,with good trajectory. I shot 71 Sunday with 4 birdies and 1 three putt (From the 6400 +/- yard tees) From the back tees Gibson Bay golf course is 7100 yards,Slope 128 Rating 74.1. I've also been doing Denver's "look at the hole" putting practice drill and it really is helping too. Holding my eyes and head still (and not looking up too soon)as I putt is the key.
Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

June 19th, 2008, 7:22 pm #3

Thanks, BobKy. I moved the ball forward today with the driver and the results were much better. Sounds like you are playing great. Well done. blopar

Confirmation of reply: