Longwood photos Continued - Extensive sorry

Longwood photos Continued - Extensive sorry

July 14th, 2012, 7:42 pm #1

The first two are for you Patrick.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 8:14 pm #2

Look at the size of that fucsia! WOW!I love that last shot too. what a way to exit and enter!

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 14th, 2012, 9:19 pm #3

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

STUNNING set of pictures in both posts Pam. Well done!! What an amazingly beautiful place. I really, really like that wall thingy with the pots...have to show that to DH..I wonder if I could make something like that work in my yard as I'm running out of real estate and hubby is always complaining I have pots in to many places.
Cheri
(aka hummymummy, vancouver. b.c. canada z8)

July 14th, 2012, 10:10 pm #4

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Super pictures!

You're the featured photo on the Brugs and Such Forum today:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/444612/

Cheers,Bob
KLEX - USA
USDA Zone 6b

Regards,
Bob

July 14th, 2012, 11:25 pm #5

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Cheri, you are giving me ideas too!! that was the display of Orchids, well one of them. Glad DH got that shot, I did close ups and didnt take the whole wall as a single pic. Good to have two minds working different cameras!!

If anyone is wondering, the pic of me in the middle of that stone bench is called the Whispering Bench. Because of the material and shape, one person can whisper into it and it travels around and all others can hear it if your ear is near the stone. cool. Those nice ladies were demonstrating for me!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 11:56 pm #6

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Thanks for thinking of me, Pam! And the whispering bench...looks a little like a take from See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil! lol

And the conservatory! I could set up a little living area off in one corner there and be quite happy to live in the place.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place
Last edited by Celtguy on July 15th, 2012, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2012, 12:26 am #7

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

I would work at that place for free...it looks like paradise...btw the only place I have ever seen those incredible water lily "plates" was in the Edinburgh botanical garden in scotland (which was pretty cool) but not as cool as this place. I love those water lily things( you could float Moses in his basket on them:>) BTW I noticed your tat in the pictures ( which I do like) and you do have nice Gams!
Thanks for sharing your experience in your lovely pictures.

Cheri (aka hummymummy,vancouver, b.c. canada z8

July 15th, 2012, 12:38 am #8

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam - You got some awesome photos! That place is remarkable!!! I wished there was some place like that near me! I'd be there all the time! Well ... actually there are a few botanical gardens and nurseries near me ... but nothing like Longwood! B E A U T I F U L !!!!!

For those of you that love the plant wall at Longwood, here is a neat idea with a similar concept. This is something I've been looking at seriously to grow orchids and cactus orchids in a shady area of my backyard.

http://www.pottedstore.com/post/potteds ... lock-wall/
http://www.penick.net/digging/?p=14254
http://www.penick.net/digging/?p=12829

~Becky~

<span style="width:164px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>
Last edited by beckygardener on July 15th, 2012, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 15th, 2012, 1:12 am #9

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Becky. thank you from me at least for this awesome link.... sparks up the creative juices...I have been feeling a bit down with DH's pot comments but that certainly says to me "find a solution" and not a problem....where there is a will there is a way, sometime soon I think I will have to rethink my whole garden. It seems to be a wildlife paradise ,but is not pleasing humans so much and even me as it is getting PRETTY WILD. I would like to keep some aspects of that but also grow some things in a more contained enviroment so as I don't get negative comments about how lovely and WILD my garden is.
Cheers
Cheri (aka hummymummy. vancouver, b.c. canada z8)

July 15th, 2012, 1:35 am #10

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Cheri - My yard plan is to create "rooms" in my yard. With entrances, walls (whether they be plants such as shrubs or bushes or some solid structure) that are short or tall, flooring such as mulch paths or stone pavers leading to and from other areas, secluded "secret" areas to discover, and a variety of themed rooms - each room will be different ... such as a water garden room, a butterfly and Hummingbird room (which I have already completed), a patio room (also done), a pergola room (another completed), a cottage garden room (on my to-do list), and an edible room (in the planning process). I am still trying to come up with a cute room for my granddaughter and soon to have another grandchild. My little 2 year old granddaughter loves to go into my backyard. She is starting to become curious and notices everything ... the flowers, the insects, butterflies, birds, squirrels, all the different plants, etc. She gets a thrill out of getting to release butterflies! I may make a garden area that she can actually sow seeds and watch them grow. Like Sunflowers and cool plants that a child might really delight in!

So many ideas ... so little time and money! LOL! Story of my life. Which is why I do many things on a shoe-string budget and do most of it myself. I really wished I had started gardening when we first moved into our home. It would all be done by now and I could just maintain it and enjoy it. I keep telling myself that the joy is in the journey! LOL! I just hope I live to see all my ideas completed. That's my goal. (A little more added every year...)

~Becky~

<span style="width:164px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>
Last edited by beckygardener on July 15th, 2012, 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Confirmation of reply: