Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry

Longwood Garden Photos, Extensive sorry

July 14th, 2012, 12:38 pm #1

Let me first say that I was on Sensory Overload all day at the gardens. We walked around for 5 hours in the humidity with few stops to dry off but it didn't damper (no pun intended) our spirits! Well not Mine, John was a bit tired. He drove the 2 hour trek and isn't used to exercise, something I need to correct. But he held in there like the trooper he always is. A smile was plastered on this old face all day long! There was NOT one negative minute throughout the whole day. From the flora, to the kindred spirits browsing, to the staff and 800 volunteers!! My memory bank is full! It was extremely hard narrowing down from the 300 pics I took, but I tried to choose ones I thought the group would appreciate most. My camera gave out on the last 12 pics, it was vibrating I kid you not!! 12 pics did not come out. But the garden spirits intervened because I took Johns camera without knowing mine was finished and crouched and took another 25 or so in the last section Ward said "do Not Miss" because they were very familiar plants. These I will post later, sorry for the suspense but John needs his sleep and I need breakfast. I did not post pic of the Orchids, there were many but will do so if someone is interested. Or if there is a specific flora someone wants, I'm sure I have it. I have been pretty absent on the forum, so I owe my dear friends. Here we go!!

Who recognizes these? While NOT in bloom, they are finished for the season (hint) I knew what they were right away and was in AWE!!

And probably the best photo EVER taken of me, Photogenic I am not. So I share it with my friends, the smile was there all day long.

The bloom had fallen from the cana plant and matched my orange shirt. I worried the staff would scold me, they said pic another if you like. What??? This place was awesome beyond compare. Blew NY Botanical out of the water, literally!!

If anyone want more architectural pics, let me know.
Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 1:25 pm #2

Pam those photos are glorious!......More More More! I don't know which I liked the most but I can say that the wall of Fucshia was stunning and done in a way I would have never thought of.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 14th, 2012, 4:29 pm #3

Let me first say that I was on Sensory Overload all day at the gardens. We walked around for 5 hours in the humidity with few stops to dry off but it didn't damper (no pun intended) our spirits! Well not Mine, John was a bit tired. He drove the 2 hour trek and isn't used to exercise, something I need to correct. But he held in there like the trooper he always is. A smile was plastered on this old face all day long! There was NOT one negative minute throughout the whole day. From the flora, to the kindred spirits browsing, to the staff and 800 volunteers!! My memory bank is full! It was extremely hard narrowing down from the 300 pics I took, but I tried to choose ones I thought the group would appreciate most. My camera gave out on the last 12 pics, it was vibrating I kid you not!! 12 pics did not come out. But the garden spirits intervened because I took Johns camera without knowing mine was finished and crouched and took another 25 or so in the last section Ward said "do Not Miss" because they were very familiar plants. These I will post later, sorry for the suspense but John needs his sleep and I need breakfast. I did not post pic of the Orchids, there were many but will do so if someone is interested. Or if there is a specific flora someone wants, I'm sure I have it. I have been pretty absent on the forum, so I owe my dear friends. Here we go!!

Who recognizes these? While NOT in bloom, they are finished for the season (hint) I knew what they were right away and was in AWE!!

And probably the best photo EVER taken of me, Photogenic I am not. So I share it with my friends, the smile was there all day long.

The bloom had fallen from the cana plant and matched my orange shirt. I worried the staff would scold me, they said pic another if you like. What??? This place was awesome beyond compare. Blew NY Botanical out of the water, literally!!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam, I was literally going "Ooooh & Aaaaaah" as I went thru your pics (the waterliles too). The pics are great...almost like being there myself. I guess I'm going to have to put Longwood Gardens on my bucket list!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

July 14th, 2012, 6:10 pm #4

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Patrick, friends have to me to go to Longwood. BUT No one told you I HAD to go. Patric, You HAVE to go. Words do not describe.

Penny I have many more. Took a break but I'll load more later.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 6:13 pm #5

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

I will be patient Pam but I don't want to miss a thing!

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 14th, 2012, 6:23 pm #6

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Penny, you should have a guess at the planting that was not in bloom. The planting was a 100 yarsd long easily. That pic is just a portion of it.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 6:24 pm #7

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

My first thought when I looked at that particuluar picture was columbine

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 14th, 2012, 6:50 pm #8

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam your pictures look so great!! You guys must have had a blast to walk around for 5 hrs lol. I would get lost in that garden had I been there too. Keep posting pictures so we can live vicariously through you!!! By the way your parrot picture is too cute!

Erika

July 14th, 2012, 7:10 pm #9

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Those pictures are fabulous! Never been there but wouldn't mind a visit. I'm going to say Bottlebrush Buckeye for the plant but I really can't see the leaves very well.

July 14th, 2012, 7:47 pm #10

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Penny, your way off! JP is close...

At least that is what the gardener said when she passed by, and it was my forst though. Theres another pic of them in one of the other threads.

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Confirmation of reply: