L.G. Last set I think. :)))

L.G. Last set I think. :)))

July 14th, 2012, 7:44 pm #1

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 14th, 2012, 8:07 pm #2

More beauties! I liked that Cardinal vine climbing up the post the bird house is on. My Cardinal climber is just starting to bloom but I planted them very late this year. m Gotta find out what those plates are for. I am sure there is a purpose.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 14th, 2012, 11:37 pm #3

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Penny, you could make a wooden obelisk like the one that supports the cardinal climber with the birdhouse on top. Excelllant Support for them as you can see. My brain is working overtime on new ideas. Everything in the gardens were well supported when needed. I noticed the Brazailian Verbania was planted inside sturdy plants to aid in support, there is a pic somewhere around here. I began to think I was duplicating efforts posting pics. Ward was right, going during the week is a great time to talk to the gardeners and get great tips.

I am exhausted, my local nursery closes tomorrow for the season and today was dollar day for 4.5 inch annuals. I bought herbs, peppers, mints, and some flowers for the front of the house. About 24 plants. All are planted but six that go out front. Manana...

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 15th, 2012, 2:30 am #4

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Beautiful garden areas! Such a stunning place to visit! I loved the row of Sunflowers! And the fuchsia plants and the canna and the .... LOL! It's ALL G O O D!!!!

~Becky~

<span style="width:164px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>

July 15th, 2012, 3:43 pm #5

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam,
That is a great idea about the wooden obelisk for the cardinal climber and bird house. Something to consider for sure for next year. Right now my cardinal climber is on an old cheapo $5.00 arobr that I couldn't throw away because I figured I would have a use for it one day and I did. It fits perfectly on one side of the deck and I am able to grow cardeinal climber on one side and chilean glory vine up the other side but I reall like that obelisk Idea.

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

July 16th, 2012, 5:51 pm #6

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Pam, of course the gardens are lovely, but you did a real good job photographing them. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures on the forum.

Joan Garvey - Metairie, LA Zone 9

July 16th, 2012, 7:21 pm #7

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Thanks Joan! Glad you enjoyed them. I'm already considering a return trip!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

July 16th, 2012, 7:25 pm #8

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

I'm with Joan! You & your DH did a great job with the photography...so many high quality images.

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

July 16th, 2012, 11:17 pm #9

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

WOW,,,,WOW>>>>WOW****
Gorgous,I have never seen such beautiful flowers.

Must not be suffering from the drought in that area....those flowers are just gorgous (I said that already)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos.

Jodi
Zone 6
South Central Ohio

July 17th, 2012, 2:38 am #10

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Thanks for the photo props, it was a cloudy day mostly and I was glad they came out even if my camera died on the 200th pic.....

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

Confirmation of reply: