It's Official They "Wet Their Whistle"!!

It's Official They "Wet Their Whistle"!!

May 16th, 2017, 6:03 pm #1

With great relief (and happiness), I saw a hummingbird use my hummingbird feeder four times today!!! Cannot tell if it is the same bird, I was close enough to the window once to see the feeder being used by a female. However, three more visits since then and the little bird always had it's back to me. Now I feel like my summer has officially started!

Marilyn

May 16th, 2017, 7:12 pm #2

Gratz

Was the camera hooked up?
Northlake, IL

May 16th, 2017, 7:15 pm #3

With great relief (and happiness), I saw a hummingbird use my hummingbird feeder four times today!!! Cannot tell if it is the same bird, I was close enough to the window once to see the feeder being used by a female. However, three more visits since then and the little bird always had it's back to me. Now I feel like my summer has officially started!

Marilyn
We are so thrilled for you Marilyn. Such great news! Let the fun and the season begin!!

May 16th, 2017, 7:15 pm #4

Marilyn
Excellent! I think that may be it for the forum's first sightings.
Dan
East-central Iowa
Zone 5a

May 16th, 2017, 9:22 pm #5

Marilyn
Congrats Marilyn, better late than never
Tom M
St. Pete, FL

May 16th, 2017, 9:33 pm #6

Marilyn
Great! I know around my house there is always another wait moment. From the first spring sightings I have to wait and see if there is HB's around during May, June and part of July.

Some years they are, other years I have to wait again until the late July/August heavy feeding time. So far this year it seems they are around, nectar disappearing from the feeders pretty fast. While I haven't had a lot of time to watch lately I'm having to refill every couple of days.

Sure as I say that one flies in! OK, still here for now!
Pete
Green Bay, WI

May 16th, 2017, 9:33 pm #7

Marilyn
Congrats, Marilyn!! Now we both finally made in on the list.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5

May 17th, 2017, 12:00 am #8

Marilyn
Ahhhhh! Sweet Success at last, a big congrats and let the fun begin.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

Confirmation of reply: