Hummingbird Garden Tours at Our Home

Hummingbird Garden Tours at Our Home

September 2nd, 2017, 9:32 am #1

I have not posted a notice of our Hummingbird Garden Tours on The Forum in several years, but I know we have many new members from the Upper Midwest and many visitors, so I thought I would this year.

----------

Please join us for our upcoming 2017 Hummingbird Garden Tours at our home on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 from 1-5:30 p.m. (door prize drawing at 3 p.m.) and/or WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 from 3-7 p.m. (door prize drawing at 5 p.m.) in Madison.

We hang 20 hummingbird feeders and grow over 100 varieties of plants (mostly for hummingbirds and many native plants!) and have been involved in attracting hummingbirds for 19 years.

Mickey O'Connor will be banding hummingbirds on both days and Larry and Emily Scheunemann will present a class about a year in the life of a hummingbird at 2 p.m. at the Sunday Tour and 4 p.m. at the Wednesday tour.

Both tours are free and open to the public.

Please contact me at kathijr@yahoo.com for our address if you plan to attend. We hope to see a few of you there!

Kathi and Michael Rock

Madison, WI
Zone 5a

September 2nd, 2017, 12:07 pm #2

I hope you have a great turnout!
How are your night temps by you we are chilly I see my
breath in the mornings the past week brrrr
Cathy P
Downers Grove, IL
Zone 5
Bazuhi@sbcglobal.net
Visit Me At:
https://www.facebook.com/Cathy-Ps-Hummingbird-Gardens-885457968170727/

September 3rd, 2017, 5:36 am #3

I have not posted a notice of our Hummingbird Garden Tours on The Forum in several years, but I know we have many new members from the Upper Midwest and many visitors, so I thought I would this year.

----------

Please join us for our upcoming 2017 Hummingbird Garden Tours at our home on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 from 1-5:30 p.m. (door prize drawing at 3 p.m.) and/or WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 from 3-7 p.m. (door prize drawing at 5 p.m.) in Madison.

We hang 20 hummingbird feeders and grow over 100 varieties of plants (mostly for hummingbirds and many native plants!) and have been involved in attracting hummingbirds for 19 years.

Mickey O'Connor will be banding hummingbirds on both days and Larry and Emily Scheunemann will present a class about a year in the life of a hummingbird at 2 p.m. at the Sunday Tour and 4 p.m. at the Wednesday tour.

Please contact me at kathijr@yahoo.com for our address if you plan to attend. We hope to see a few of you there!

Kathi and Michael Rock
Cathy,

It's been super cold up here in Madison with temperatures only in the upper 60's during the day with mostly overcast skies and lows in the 40's at night. This is just unreal for August and early September. We have so many plants that have not bloomed yet this season and sadly very few hummingbirds. I hope things will pick up this week.
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

September 3rd, 2017, 12:41 pm #4

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
I love this and hope to attend! Ty
Shannon ~ Zone 5 ~ IL

September 3rd, 2017, 12:42 pm #5

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Wish I could just drive over and stop by, would love to see your hummingbird garden someday.

September 3rd, 2017, 3:17 pm #6

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Do so wish we could go! Will you be posting photos on the forum, I would love to see them!

Fran
Lakeview, OR
Zone 4/5
Fran
Lakeview OR
Zone 4/5

September 4th, 2017, 8:18 pm #7

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
I have had the pleasure of attending Michael and Kathi's Hummingbird Garden Tour and can say it is a wonderful experience! The garden is full of many hummingbirds busy visiting an astounding variety of plants. It is a real thrill to be surrounded by so many hummingbirds at one time!

Michael and Kathi, I am sure a super time will be had by all who attend you both are such informative, gracious host. I hope for those of us who cannot attend this year you will be willing to share photos on the forum.

Marilyn

September 5th, 2017, 6:58 pm #8

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Thank you Marilyn for these very kind comments.
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

September 10th, 2017, 12:16 pm #9

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Wow I am so sorry to miss the tour again this year..Have fun and take a ton of pics for us!

September 11th, 2017, 4:17 pm #10

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Hi Kathu,

I hope your tour went on and that it was successful!

Ken
Central NJ
usda zone 6b

September 11th, 2017, 11:06 pm #11

----------

Kathi and Michael Rock
Kathi:

Hope your Sunday tour was successful, and your Wednesday tour goes well, too. One of these years I'd love to get out there for it.

I still have at least two here, but numbers which were never high here have thinned out considerably.

Don
Donald
Red Wing MN
zone 4