Hibiscus Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir (Pictures)....

Hibiscus Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir (Pictures)....

June 29th, 2016, 1:31 pm #1

These are beautiful flowers I bought a few weeks ago.

Burke Baker
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
We are right next to Sandestin Resort between Destin and Panama City.

June 30th, 2016, 12:06 am #2

Very pretty..I think they could be perennials up here
in the north woods

June 30th, 2016, 12:51 am #3

They are a blast, one off those fun that call wrongly, wrong that mister cheep couldn't resist buying a red-orange one a few weeks ago.

There is a wild type that grows around here. A freshwater tidal marsh a mile from here has acres of it. It doesn't bloom but while it does!
Southern New Jersey

June 30th, 2016, 7:09 am #4

They are very beautiful!! We can grow these Hardy Hibiscus up here in the north and now I'm starting to plant more as our population of Japanese Beetles has declined. I know that they will never be a great hummingbird plant, but I really love them. Ours are all in the ground though and not in a container. I was amazed that several came back so strong this spring. I'll post some photos as soon as they are blooming.
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

June 30th, 2016, 1:40 pm #5

I've seen one at a botanic garden here as big as a dinner plate. There's so unusual sometimes they seem fake, like plastic. However, I always admire the orange tropical ones sold at Lowes or Home Depot. I never got one though as they're sold as annuals and I just don't have the space for it. It's certainly a showstopping flower though.
-Adrienne
(Staten Island, NY Zone ~7)

June 30th, 2016, 7:03 pm #6

These plants do need a lot of space, sun, and moisture. They also can be very short-lived if their ideal conditions are not met. Showy and beautiful, but not for a small or dry garden.
Madison, WI
Zone 5a