Hey BobKy, share your new swing style

Hey BobKy, share your new swing style

September 7th, 2008, 3:29 pm #1

In your past post, you mentioned your swing now resembles Holmes' style. Can you be more specific? Why did your make the change from S&T?

As for myself, I use two types of swings; Mike LaBauve's(?) One Plane Swing method and S&T. My One Plane swing and S&T have similar characteristics. I use my hips as the main power source. I do part with Labauve's advice on using your arms in the swing. That always gets me in trouble and distance seems to suffer.

I normally play as a One Planer but will use S&T on some shots if my swing isn't working well that day. I am finding I am getting more and more distance on my drives as I focusing on hip movement. On some drives, I get close to the 250 carry mark. (Good bounces or downhill driving holes don't count!)

Like putting, I guess it comes down to what works for you.

Aloha!

JK

September 8th, 2008, 12:54 pm #2

Straight,is my catch-phrase for the swing. Stand upright and keep the clubface closed on the backswing;the clubface will be pointing skyward at the top of the backswing.

See how erect Colin Montgomerie is standing:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandj98/367290198/

The main thing I find about this tall stance is that it helps eliminate the hooks. If a person slices the ball,the upright stance may not be good for them. It is also easier on my back.

Played in a golf tournament this weekend and shot 78 and 77. I had some misses to the right and they got my in trouble,but overall I was pleased with my play.

One of the guys I played with was about 5'5" and 140 pounds,but he pounded the ball. The main thing I noticed about his swing was how he "posted" up on his lead leg at impact (straight lead leg like Tiger does.)
I will definitely be trying to post-up on my lead during my next practice session.
Regards,
Bob
Lexington, Ky.

Confirmation of reply: