May 19th, 2010, 9:31 pm #16

Hello everybody,

Searching about Brugmansia I discovered your forum,who impressed me a lot,and I've dicided to join.
Very nice plans,wonderful flowers,lovelly people!

Codrina
Hi Codrina, the brugs you said you'd like to get seeds for are hybrids. Seeds from them will not give you duplicates of the mother plants & may look nothing like them. To get a New Orleans Lady, for example, you would need a cutting from that plant. Most cultivars cannot self-pollinate, so pollen from a different cultivar is required. The resulting seeds will produce plants that blend the genes from both parents, along with genes from THEIR family backgrounds.

New Orleans Lady is currently my favorite brug in my collection. I have a Painted Lady that spent most of last year growing (quite tall!) and I should see it bloom this year. I had a Dorothea, but in my cool climate, the color wasn't special and I gave the plant away.

So many beautiful brugs...so little space!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

May 20th, 2010, 3:47 am #17

Hello everybody,

Searching about Brugmansia I discovered your forum,who impressed me a lot,and I've dicided to join.

Codrina
All my brugs are from cuttings....that's true...except Red Spot who is baby now,and is from seedlings...I'm waiting for the blooms....
If in autumn you have some cuttings from what I wish,I can make exchanges with my cuttings....
Patrik....Sorry for so many Questions...I'm a small beginner....who try to learn...

Codrina

May 21st, 2010, 1:25 pm #18

Hello everybody,

Codrina
Welcome Codrina.......from Georgia,USA. I'm hoping my brugs will reward me seed pods these year and when they do i will be more than happy to share.

May 22nd, 2010, 12:58 pm #19

Hello everybody,

Codrina
Codrina, we were all beginners once and asked just as many questions of others so don't feel badly about asking things.

Canada 5b
Forum editing tech

May 22nd, 2010, 6:01 pm #20

Hello everybody,

Codrina
Thank you Cora and Ruth Ann....

Codrina

September 8th, 2010, 5:49 pm #21

Hello everybody,

Codrina
Hello...after long time....
Building the house,care for the vegetable garden,2 jobs,that is the reason of my absence....
What I've done in my absence days....
I'll make photo for my brugs....no flower...there are still babbies..maybe next year
http://houseandecogarden.blogspot.com/

Confirmation of reply: