Gotta love this time of year

Gotta love this time of year

August 5th, 2017, 10:21 pm #1

Well the rush is on around here. The next few weeks are a flurry of activity until they fade into the cool late fall skies.....sigh

August 7th, 2017, 3:42 pm #2

You are reminding me that I need to get out there photographing, before it's too late!
Wilmington, Delaware (USDA Zone 7a)

August 7th, 2017, 5:07 pm #3

Well the rush is on around here. The next few weeks are a flurry of activity until they fade into the cool late fall skies.....sigh

Tony- Great captures. This is a bitter-sweet time of hummer season as even though we are seeing more and more hummers it is because they are on the move southward, so enjoy while we have them.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 7th, 2017, 5:50 pm #4

Beautiful photos Tony, thanks.

We've had good hummingbird activity lately, but today is too quiet, so I'm thrilled to see these photos!
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

August 7th, 2017, 6:00 pm #5

Last photo; possible conversation between the birds.
"You leave, no you leave, yes, no, yes, no, you better, I won't"
"Last time I ask, better have some friends"

I wonder who won the argument?
Joe M.
Lakeland, FL

August 8th, 2017, 2:26 pm #6

Very nice, Tony! I finally got to take some pictures a couple of days the past or so since my activity has really picked up.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b

August 9th, 2017, 9:03 pm #7

Activity is so strong right now had to add another feeder. If things go as they have in the last few years in two weeks I will be reducing my feeders but until then the extra feeder will help.
Steve W.
Martinsville IN.
Zone 6

August 14th, 2017, 12:42 am #8

Very nice shots!