Funny Hummingbird Photo

Funny Hummingbird Photo

June 7th, 2012, 11:32 am #1

While outside watching my birds last night, I took this photo of this little girl.
She was fighting away another hummer, I just thought it was cute how she was all stretched out
in this photo. My hummers have been very active the last few days, especially seeing a lot of
females. I am sure they will be nesting soon and I won't see many of them, but enjoying them now
while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio

June 7th, 2012, 11:43 am #2

She seems to know there is another interloper to close for comfort trying to reach 'her feeder'

Penny
NY
USDA hardiness zone 6a
Heat zone 4
Sunset zone 39
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

NLN

June 7th, 2012, 11:52 am #3

While outside watching my birds last night, I took this photo of this little girl.
She was fighting away another hummer, I just thought it was cute how she was all stretched out
in this photo. My hummers have been very active the last few days, especially seeing a lot of
females. I am sure they will be nesting soon and I won't see many of them, but enjoying them now
while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Jodi,

This fine gal is nesting already. Just look at that nest-mark of worn and broken feathers across her upper chest. That comes from friction with the rim of the nest. So, you must have a nesting population very close by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nancy L Newfield
Casa Colibrí
Metairie, Louisiana USA
USDA Zone 9b
http://www.casacolibri.net/

June 7th, 2012, 12:02 pm #4

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Excellent pictures. You got it at the right moment!

Sigrid

June 7th, 2012, 2:22 pm #5

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Beautiful capture Jodi. I have alot of action now also. Will keep more of eye when able on the nest marks to see what is going on with the gals.

Paula
nw PA
zone 5b/6a
heat zone 4

<span style="width:170px;text-align:center;font-family:sans-serif;font-size:12px;">
Click for weather forecast</span>

June 7th, 2012, 4:28 pm #6

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
It looks like a dance move.

Nancy - you are a wealth of information!

Linsey
MN
USDA hardiness zone 4b
Heat zone 5
Sunset zone 43

June 8th, 2012, 1:37 am #7

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Jodi - You nailed a wonderful shot!

Nancy - I'm really paying attention to the details now. Thanks for pointing the nest band out. I'm taking all this information in. Thanks for keeping us educated!

June 8th, 2012, 2:14 am #8

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Looks like a Zumba move!

Pam
Matawan,NJ 7a

June 9th, 2012, 6:33 pm #9

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Well they still have to eat even when nesting, nice capture Jodi.

June 10th, 2012, 11:41 am #10

while I can.

Thanks for looking

Jodi
South Central Ohio
Cute photo!!!

Camille
Nashville, TN

Confirmation of reply: