Finally, first Brugmansia of the season! LIZZY!!

August 1st, 2010, 4:18 am #1

This one is a triple pink, and you will note it has dropped one of its skirts. Fragrance is pleasing, reminiscent of jasmine.

August 1st, 2010, 4:18 pm #2

Beautiful, John.........thanks for sharing !!!

USDA Zone 7/8
Copper Canyon
North Central Texas

August 1st, 2010, 7:31 pm #3

This one is a triple pink, and you will note it has dropped one of its skirts. Fragrance is pleasing, reminiscent of jasmine.

That is a beautiful one, I can almost smell it through the screen!

August 1st, 2010, 11:11 pm #4

Thank you both! The third skirt dropped today, but now the top one is looking wilted. Fragrance is incredible. I am hoping the color will be richer under more normal conditions, not these 90-100 degree temperatures!

August 2nd, 2010, 7:27 am #5

John, the jasmine tone to the fragrance sounds pretty special. Sorry to hear that the heat is shortening the bloom's life. The plena floras seem to take a long time opening - it's a shame if they don't last awhile once they finally open.

I have a double orange seedling that bloomed last year for the first time. It is now opening its first bloom for this year...the inner skirt was starting to drop today & the color is beginning to fuse in. It should have it all together either tomorrow or the next day. Fragrance? I don't know - it will take a step ladder to get up high enough to sniff the bloom!

Patrick
USDA Zone 8b
Heat Zone 3
Sunset Zone 5
SeaTac, WA...one cool place

Confirmation of reply: