Finally..1st of the year..

Finally..1st of the year..

May 14th, 2017, 7:56 pm #1

I just got done unplugging WiFi cam for family event and sitting at cpu inside the house. About 10 minutes later I look out at thefeeder & BAM there he is. Camera is setup next to me, Im trying to snap pics thru my dirty window and realize its not on. Im freaking out, sweat pouring down,trying to calm down and figure things out. I get the camera on and snapped about 8 pics and then hes gone.

After looking at probably hundreds of wificam vids, its time to relax and go on with life, shower, change clothes,stop eating junk food and get some real food..LOL

Pics arent great, going out to clean my windows now.

Northlake, IL

May 14th, 2017, 7:58 pm #2

Many congrats Alex on your first of the season!
Penny
Zone 6a
Western NY state

May 14th, 2017, 11:24 pm #3

I just got done unplugging WiFi cam for family event and sitting at cpu inside the house. About 10 minutes later I look out at thefeeder & BAM there he is. Camera is setup next to me, Im trying to snap pics thru my dirty window and realize its not on. Im freaking out, sweat pouring down,trying to calm down and figure things out. I get the camera on and snapped about 8 pics and then hes gone.

After looking at probably hundreds of wificam vids, its time to relax and go on with life, shower, change clothes,stop eating junk food and get some real food..LOL

Alex,

Congratulations on your first hummingbird! It's such a special moment isn't it? He's a handsome little guy. Enjoy your season!!
Madison, WI
Zone 5a

May 15th, 2017, 1:58 am #4

Alex,

Good for you!! I have not seen any in my yard but have the camera (from you) up ready and waiting. Hope you see many more hummingbirds in your yard this summer!

Marilyn

May 15th, 2017, 2:46 pm #5

Thanks...

WiFi cam is plugged in now and hopefully will get some more visitors this week. Its been so windy over here that the cam picks up the movement of the feeder. Its blowing out my email with hundreds of vids. Will keep all posted.

See ya
Northlake, IL

May 16th, 2017, 10:20 pm #6

Congrats, Alex!! Mine was very late this year.

Joni
Elwood, IL
Zone 5b

May 17th, 2017, 1:46 pm #7

Thanks.

Looking back at last yr, first was 5/5, then 5/11. Better late then never.
Northlake, IL

May 17th, 2017, 3:37 pm #8

When it's your first Hummingbird of the season, cloudy windows are ok! Congratulations!

Fran
Lakeview, OR
Zone 4/5
Fran
Lakeview OR
Zone 4/5