Face-on still pictures of Claude Pesant's swing (Thanks Peter Dillard)

Face-on still pictures of Claude Pesant's swing (Thanks Peter Dillard)

October 8th, 2006, 11:02 pm #1

A big thanks to Claude,Snakedoc and especially Peter for extracting this images from Claude's video. This images are now in the Blake Photo Album.
Regards,
Bob

October 10th, 2006, 4:10 pm #2

Thanks for all the work guys. I think the photos are very revealing.

Tom

October 10th, 2006, 6:29 pm #3

What do you think the pictures reveal? Jim

October 13th, 2006, 7:19 pm #4

Ha!Ha! - Jim! I said "revealing" not "revelation". I think these "action stills " are the clearest we have of a golfer using the Blake technique caught in key portions of the swing.

I'm not a Mindy Blake expert. I'm just a very interested forum participant. But you are a Mindy Blake expert. I'd like to know what you or other experts think the pictures reveal?

One thing I will say though is that Claude must be in very fine physical condition to move like he does. I understand that Mindy was also a prime specimen. Unfortunately, that's not true for me.

OT - The "emoticons" appear to be gone - I hope they stay away - they take forever to load on my internet machine before I can post anything.

Tom

October 14th, 2006, 7:23 pm #5

In spite of my verbosity, and occasional pomposity, I don't claim to be a Blake expert. Forum members deserve an expert, but what you have is me and other forum members who may interpret Blake more incisively than I. I think of my task as one of stimulating the conversation, not (intentionally) dominating it. Sometimes I do feel as though I'm in an empty chamber with its echo being yet another post from....Snakedoc. My idea is that we learn together. The only advantage I have is that I've been trying to master this swing for a long time. Perhaps there will be revelations along the way.

I wasn't really expecting a Biblical-style revelation from you, but perhaps that you noticed something about Claude's swing that might help others. So my use of the word revelation was in the sense of "things not previously known or noticed." Cheers, Jim

Confirmation of reply: